Video: U.S. says Snowden will not fac...

Video: U.S. says Snowden will not face death penalty

There are 3 comments on the CBS News story from Jul 27, 2013, titled Video: U.S. says Snowden will not face death penalty. In it, CBS News reports that:

Attorney General Eric Holder has told the Russian government that NSA whistle blower Edward Snowden will not face the death penalty if he returns to the U.S. Snowden has been holed up in a Moscow airport for a month to avoid arrest.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

New Baltimore, MI

#1 Jul 27, 2013
Why not?

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#2 Jul 27, 2013
Faith wrote:
Why not?
I dont think the USa has executed a Spy since the Rosenberg's. And the left still is whining about them being innocent even after the Old Soviet Union admitted they where spying for them

Piqua, OH

#3 Jul 27, 2013
Faith wrote:
Why not?
because many countries around the world do not have the death penalty so if the US was seaking death then it would help him in his asylum bid. Also, i do not think the US has charged him with any crimes with the death penalty could be levied.

Then there's the part where if they kill him, a lot of the info he has will supposedly be released. The only thing the US would get out of killing him would be to set the precedent for future whistleblowers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Documentary Movies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stolen bust of Lincoln found at Gettysburg ceme... 13 hr DILF 6
News Stolen bust of Lincoln found at Gettysburg ceme... 16 hr Steve Gratman 1
News Emily Blunt shows off her cleavage and slender ... Nov 22 Ritual Habitual 1
News Fat of the land Nov 15 Jane Said 1
News Claiborne receives LMU Alumnus of the Year Award Nov 11 Who Cares 1
News Today in history: Lincoln elected US president Nov 7 Tea Party Patriot 2
News Review: 'Bridge of Spies' is an absorbing slow ... Oct '15 al3abmix 1
More from around the web