"Detropia": Can Detroit be saved?

"Detropia": Can Detroit be saved?

There are 2 comments on the Salon story from Sep 7, 2012, titled "Detropia": Can Detroit be saved?. In it, Salon reports that:

If the vague, sweeping rhetoric at both major political conventions mainly concerned economic issues, from jobs to mortgages to the Republican's witch-doctor insistence that cutting taxes on the super-rich will somehow benefit the rest of us, hardly anyone in either party mentioned the fiscal plight of America's cities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Salon.

Burgydean

Rincon, GA

#1 Sep 7, 2012
Why ask ?
Pete

Livonia, MI

#2 Sep 7, 2012
“Every revolution carries within it the seeds of its own destruction”– Frank Herbert.

And the reverse is also true. Detroit will reach a critical mass where a revolution will be demanded. Resources will be poured in and opportunities will exist. I doubt I can live long enough to see it and in the meantime, the blight will move out to greet me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Detropia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Detroit gets an early look at 'Detropia' on WTVS (May '13) May '13 Kallark27 1
More from around the web