Federal court rejects Snipes' appeal ...

Federal court rejects Snipes' appeal in tax case

There are 17 comments on the KPIC story from Sep 6, 2011, titled Federal court rejects Snipes' appeal in tax case. In it, KPIC reports that:

A federal appeals court in Atlanta has turned away the latest attempt by actor Wesley Snipes to get his conviction and prison sentence on tax charges overturned.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KPIC.

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#1 Sep 6, 2011
You have to pay the bankers.

Ever notice how you get a shorter sentence for drug trafficing or attemtpted murder, but, you don't pay the bankers. You go away for a very very very very very long time.
Banshee

United States

#2 Sep 6, 2011
Let the guy out.
want to move

Winter Springs, FL

#4 Sep 6, 2011
Banshee wrote:
Let the guy out.
Why?
Deo Vindice

Sacramento, CA

#5 Sep 6, 2011
Just another gang-banger.

Do the crime, you do the time.

Keep him until the very last minute!
Perhaps his sex life will be diversified by then.

He'll be the poster child for the homosexual movement.

“Crusty & Buttery Like Bread”

Since: Oct 08

Milford, MA

#6 Sep 6, 2011
Mr. Snipes, pay your damn taxes! In fact, now you'll have to pay even more in taxes because your president wants it that way! Oh, BTW, how do you like the hope and change you voted for?

HAHAHA!

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#7 Sep 6, 2011
CrustyCarol wrote:
Mr. Snipes, pay your damn taxes! In fact, now you'll have to pay even more in taxes because your president wants it that way! Oh, BTW, how do you like the hope and change you voted for?
HAHAHA!
Why should he pay his taxes? Actually why should any of us? General Electric recieved billions of dollars in government contracts and paid $0 in taxes.

From the Grace Commission in 1984:

“With two thirds of everyone’s personal income taxes wasted or not collected, 100 percent of what is collected is absorbed solely by interest on the federal debt and by federal government contributions to transfer payments. In other words, all individual income tax revenues are gone before one nickel is spent on the services [that] taxpayers expect from their government"

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#9 Sep 6, 2011
Snipes is a typical hypocritical liberal.

Taxes for thee, but not for me.
rpg

Gallatin, TN

#10 Sep 6, 2011
Kahoki wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should he pay his taxes? Actually why should any of us? General Electric recieved billions of dollars in government contracts and paid $0 in taxes.
From the Grace Commission in 1984:
“With two thirds of everyone’s personal income taxes wasted or not collected, 100 percent of what is collected is absorbed solely by interest on the federal debt and by federal government contributions to transfer payments. In other words, all individual income tax revenues are gone before one nickel is spent on the services [that] taxpayers expect from their government"
Corporations enjoys the immunities and impunities they are "authorized" per their owners, stock holders and other ilk (including members of "the public." "What did Wesley do for them lately?"

I am a white man. What has the thieving/murdering government done for me.....EVER? Nothing!5636
rpg

Gallatin, TN

#11 Sep 6, 2011
If he had breasts and a vagina, they would have been lenient to him.

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#12 Sep 6, 2011
rpg wrote:
<quoted text>Corporations enjoys the immunities and impunities they are "authorized" per their owners, stock holders and other ilk (including members of "the public." "What did Wesley do for them lately?"
I am a white man. What has the thieving/murdering government done for me.....EVER? Nothing!5636
According to Mitt Romney, Corporations are people. So..........

“Crusty & Buttery Like Bread”

Since: Oct 08

Milford, MA

#13 Sep 6, 2011
Kahoki wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should he pay his taxes? Actually why should any of us? General Electric recieved billions of dollars in government contracts and paid $0 in taxes.
From the Grace Commission in 1984:
“With two thirds of everyone’s personal income taxes wasted or not collected, 100 percent of what is collected is absorbed solely by interest on the federal debt and by federal government contributions to transfer payments. In other words, all individual income tax revenues are gone before one nickel is spent on the services [that] taxpayers expect from their government"
Because it's the law. If you and Wesley Snipes don't like the law, then you can take steps to try to change the law. Oh, I'm sure he expects everyone else to pay their taxes, just not him.

Snipes is a well known movie star, he could be all over the media outlets, gathering support from his A-list friends and attempt to change the law.

Until then pay your friggin taxes like the rest of us have to.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#14 Sep 6, 2011
That's the danger of asking for a jury trial. You win big or you lose even bigger.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#15 Sep 6, 2011
Kahoki wrote:
You have to pay the bankers.
Ever notice how you get a shorter sentence for drug trafficing or attemtpted murder, but, you don't pay the bankers. You go away for a very very very very very long time.
Debtors prisons still exist in America.
true

Nathalie, VA

#16 Sep 6, 2011
Actually what snipes was doing with his money is no different than the scum corporate elite owners and bankers. But when you dont pay your dues to there criminal cult you get arrested and put in prison
SO OVERALL THIS IS BULLLSHIT TO KEEP THIS MAN IN PRISON FOR WHAT GE, GOOGLE, YAHOO, THE EFFFING ROCKAFELLARS ROTHCHILDS DO EVERY DAMNN DAY!!!

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#17 Sep 6, 2011
true wrote:
Actually what snipes was doing with his money is no different than the scum corporate elite owners and bankers. But when you dont pay your dues to there criminal cult you get arrested and put in prison
SO OVERALL THIS IS BULLLSHIT TO KEEP THIS MAN IN PRISON FOR WHAT GE, GOOGLE, YAHOO, THE EFFFING ROCKAFELLARS ROTHCHILDS DO EVERY DAMNN DAY!!!
Like the man said: "Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you King."
rob 7 hood

Chester, VA

#18 Oct 13, 2011
peace 1love i think all american should pay there taxes that is the pricr of our freedom. you know an i know, in american nothing is free everything cost so snips situation is a lison to be learned. if you don't pay your taxes you go to jail. i like wesly the actor but he is no diffirent then the rest of us.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#19 Oct 13, 2011
rpg wrote:
If he had breasts and a vagina, they would have been lenient to him.
If he had said equipment it would never have gone to trial.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Demolition Man Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sex In 2050: More Robots, Less HumansBy Charlot... (Oct '15) Oct '15 hal 9
News 'Blade' star Wesley Snipes, convicted on tax ch... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Charlie 1
News Celebrity Birthdays for December 16 - Billy Gib... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Rick 1
News Federal court rejects Snipes' appeal in tax case (Sep '11) Sep '11 Auditorof Tired o... 2
News Supreme Court rebuffs Wesley Snipes' tax appeal (Jun '11) Jun '11 democraps 2
News Supreme Court turns down Snipes' appeal (Jun '11) Jun '11 spotteddog 1
News Sandra Bullock is On Deck for 'Gravity' If Nata... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Kim 1
More from around the web