Voight wants Emmy celebration with Jo...

Voight wants Emmy celebration with Jolie and Shiloh

There are 17 comments on the Online.ie story from Jul 10, 2006, titled Voight wants Emmy celebration with Jolie and Shiloh. In it, Online.ie reports that:

Jon Voight is thrilled with his Emmy Award nomination but insists any celebration won't be complete until he's reunited with his estranged daughter Angelina Jolie and met his new granddaughter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Online.ie.

angonga

Dublin, Ireland

#1 Jul 11, 2006
angelina jolie should forgive her father. People make mistakes and she will only see it in her own children that they will be judging her everytime from a teenage age.
John Voight appears such a loving man. forgive him angie
moonstone

Mahone Bay, Canada

#2 Jul 11, 2006
"Honour thy father and thy mother", even tho it kills you....just joking.....all families have their own dynamics, who's to say what went on behind closed doors!! No guess here!
Mija288

Cincinnati, OH

#3 Jul 11, 2006
angonga wrote:
angelina jolie should forgive her father. People make mistakes and she will only see it in her own children that they will be judging her everytime from a teenage age.
John Voight appears such a loving man. forgive him angie
Maybe when he finally acknowledges that Angelina Jolie has two other children "that JV has yet to acknowledge" she'll be more open to "thinking about it." I wouldn't hold my breath on them reuniting anytime soon if ever. If you read her side of things, this isn't about forgivness, or hatred. This is about the fact the man repeatedly, continuiously, and purposely did things through the years that give his daughter every right not to want the chance of it happening again, and especially since she DOES have children who could be affected. It's not about forgiveness, it's about knowing that history has taught her that it would only be a matter of time before he would hurt her again and she's got others to think of, and to let sleeping dogs lay.
Rose

Belleville, MI

#4 Jul 11, 2006
No one knows for sure what really happen among them. Therefore, it is a little silly to take a side. I wish that they can fix their problems. After all, they are related and I know that, from the bottom of their hearts, they wish to reunite. Sometimes is just stupid pride.
Mija288

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Jul 11, 2006
Rose wrote:
No one knows for sure what really happen among them. Therefore, it is a little silly to take a side. I wish that they can fix their problems. After all, they are related and I know that, from the bottom of their hearts, they wish to reunite. Sometimes is just stupid pride.
We do know what happened. Jon Voight to something to the world that he should have taken up with her. Things that could have prevented her from adopting Maddox. That wasn't the only thing on her list, but it was the straw that broke the camels back. As far as Angelina's heart is concerned, she's stated that she indeed loves her father, and it isn't about that but about being burned once to many times, and putting an end to the drama once and for all. The info is out that better explains their history, and their history isn't good, and he and his actions are 99% the cause of that.
Rose

Belleville, MI

#6 Jul 12, 2006
Does he admit all that or he just wanted to destroy her reputation? I know that in this world you can find all types of parent behavior, but is so horrible to think that a father will try to destroy his own daughter emotional stability. I want to clarify, I am not defending either side. I hope that both can sit down one day to discuss, probably with a therapist, how can they work things out. It will be great for both and for Angelina's starting family.
Mija288 wrote:
<quoted text>
We do know what happened. Jon Voight to something to the world that he should have taken up with her. Things that could have prevented her from adopting Maddox. That wasn't the only thing on her list, but it was the straw that broke the camels back. As far as Angelina's heart is concerned, she's stated that she indeed loves her father, and it isn't about that but about being burned once to many times, and putting an end to the drama once and for all. The info is out that better explains their history, and their history isn't good, and he and his actions are 99% the cause of that.
Fiona

Thomastown, Australia

#7 Jul 12, 2006
I've been in Angelina's position. Just because people are related doesn't mean that they can treat each other however they please and get away with it. Every reasonable person has a limit to what they will take. Angelina, if he has hurt you that badly and you believe he will hurt you again, then do what you need to do. Personally, I'd kick the dust off my shoes and as hard as it is, I'd leave him behind.
Fiona

Thomastown, Australia

#8 Jul 12, 2006
If you look back, you'll roll back.
Rose

Belleville, MI

#9 Jul 13, 2006
Suit yourself.
Interested

Mebane, NC

#10 Jul 13, 2006
I agree 100% with Fiona. Some people in our lives are toxic and we cannot maintain a relationship with them without harming ourselves. I can understand that she loves him, but does not want to have a realtionship with him. I have had this type of thing within my own family with certain members. After I stopped trying and acknowledged how the realtionship was harming me I really gained a peace I had now known before. I still love the person, but I cannot have them in my life.
sharon cuneta

Chicago, IL

#11 Jul 13, 2006
I totally agree!
Mija288

Cincinnati, OH

#12 Jul 13, 2006
Fiona & Interested, ITA. What's love got to do with it? "keeping your sanity." The irony is that the final split came from JV publizing his opinion about her mental state, and here we have her more than likely keeping him away because he's been a major cause/reason she developed many of her issues.
observer

Hightstown, NJ

#13 Jul 14, 2006
Mija288 wrote:
Fiona & Interested, ITA. What's love got to do with it? "keeping your sanity." The irony is that the final split came from JV publizing his opinion about her mental state, and here we have her more than likely keeping him away because he's been a major cause/reason she developed many of her issues.
Very well put. I like that you said that clearly.
He is strange in that he chooses to go to Access Hollywood - Gossip show- tabloid show to air his concerns. which is very stupid- these are the same people that have done nothing but agrivate her life.
observer

Hightstown, NJ

#14 Jul 14, 2006
Heres a tidbit you can read.

Dysfunction is the norm in Hollywood, where families take out their anger and resentment towards each other in public and through the media.
That whole concept is so foreign to us. Cuban families are like the mafia. We put on a pretty facade to all outsiders and put on this act of being perfect, though that's always far from the case.
Angelina Jolie may be talking about expanding her brood with Papa Pitt, but her own father, John Voight, won't stop talking about his daughter and how hurt he is that they're estranged.
Jolie's dad says that he hasn't seen his daughter or The Baby. However, he did see the pics we all saw in People magazine.
"I never saw Angie's face more happy," he said of her spread in the mag. "Deep, deep peace that never has been there before until this. Beautiful, beautiful look. Both Brad and Angie looked so happy. I haven't seen Shiloh yet. I'm looking forward to it."
Referring to Jolie, Voight said, "And no, we haven't spoken.... I don't, I didn't have any communication with her."
Color us a skeptic, but we think Voight could accomplish more if he shut his trapper. But he probably won't do that any time soon. He's only in the media when he talks about Ange.
you know who

New York, NY

#15 Jul 14, 2006
observer wrote:
Heres a tidbit you can read.
Dysfunction is the norm in Hollywood, where families take out their anger and resentment towards each other in public and through the media.
That whole concept is so foreign to us. Cuban families are like the mafia. We put on a pretty facade to all outsiders and put on this act of being perfect, though that's always far from the case.
Angelina Jolie may be talking about expanding her brood with Papa Pitt, but her own father, John Voight, won't stop talking about his daughter and how hurt he is that they're estranged.
Jolie's dad says that he hasn't seen his daughter or The Baby. However, he did see the pics we all saw in People magazine.
"I never saw Angie's face more happy," he said of her spread in the mag. "Deep, deep peace that never has been there before until this. Beautiful, beautiful look. Both Brad and Angie looked so happy. I haven't seen Shiloh yet. I'm looking forward to it."
Referring to Jolie, Voight said, "And no, we haven't spoken.... I don't, I didn't have any communication with her."
Color us a skeptic, but we think Voight could accomplish more if he shut his trapper. But he probably won't do that any time soon. He's only in the media when he talks about Ange.
He wants sympathy from us...guess he won't get it here. Maybe from a few, but then, that's what he's counting on. After all, he is an actor. Wonder has he talked to AJ's mom yet? Or Brad's parents? Or his son?
BP's parents could get some mileage out of this too, but, obviously they don't care for it. Very Classy.
Who Cares

Duarte, CA

#16 Feb 5, 2008
Why do you care?
Nicki

Duarte, CA

#17 Apr 18, 2008
Hit me baby one more time. Did you hear the Simpson girls might both be pregnant?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deliverance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Reynolds: 'Deliverance Rape Scene Went Too Far' (Jan '08) Oct '16 Gary 10
News Angelina Jolie Continues To Snub Her Father Jon... (Jan '06) Aug '13 wtf 169
News Burt Reynolds Health Improves Over Weekend Afte... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Matthew DiDomenico 1
News Flu puts Burt Reynolds in Florida ICU (Jan '13) Jan '13 Hector 2
News Pascal Rossignol, Reuters / LandovNights of Rag... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Sheik Yerbouti 1
News Voight hopes daughter Jolie will visit Israel (Feb '11) May '11 Vic 5
News Neil Marshall directs: the film concerns the Ni... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Anthony 1
More from around the web