Elvis Is Everywhere

Elvis Is Everywhere

There are 17 comments on the City Pages story from Aug 6, 2007, titled Elvis Is Everywhere. In it, City Pages reports that:

Bubba Ho-tep Limited Edition Intentional camp is difficult to do well. It's a contradiction that usually comes off cutesy and forced. via City Pages

Join the discussion below, or Read more at City Pages.

DEZ DEI MONA

Williamston, MI

#1 Aug 8, 2007
well i just figured this out , wanted to just read the story not hotep everyone......dl

“....may God bless you, Adios”

Since: Jul 07

Viva Las Vegas

#2 Aug 8, 2007
I get so ticked OFF that everyone has to make a big deal of Elvis being in the privacy of his bathroom when he died. WHY can't Elvis get any dignity????...Why?....because people like to SELL negativity (think TABLOIDS) and just kindly saying ELVIS died at Graceland wouldn't be enough for people with sordid/cruel/evil/vindictive/ LITTLE minds. It seems everyone is allowed a some dignity at the end of life EXCEPT if your name is...ELVIS Presley. I am so sick of Elvis being fodder for the tabloid type writers...and those that were jealous of him all along.
DEZ DEI MONA

Williamston, MI

#3 Aug 8, 2007
TCB-girl wrote:
I get so ticked OFF that everyone has to make a big deal of Elvis being in the privacy of his bathroom when he died. WHY can't Elvis get any dignity????...Why?....because people like to SELL negativity (think TABLOIDS) and just kindly saying ELVIS died at Graceland wouldn't be enough for people with sordid/cruel/evil/vindictive/ LITTLE minds. It seems everyone is allowed a some dignity at the end of life EXCEPT if your name is...ELVIS Presley. I am so sick of Elvis being fodder for the tabloid type writers...and those that were jealous of him all along.
LITTLE MINDS HAVE LITTLE BATHROOMS, AND DON'T REALIZE IT WAS A BIG SITTING ROOM ETC.NOT AN OUT HOUSE..........DL

New Salisbury, Indiana

#4 Aug 8, 2007
TCB-girl wrote:
Hi it's me again. I know what you mean about this one. It makes me totally sick too! There was absolutely no need to make that public!! People wanting attention & money!! I wanted to also say that I taped the movie Elvis & Me this week-end & I finally got to watch it. Well, I HATED it!! I thought it would be a love story. Boy was I way off on that one! It made our sweet Elvis out to be nothing but a jerk & worse! Even the guy that played him was ridiculous!!! I don't know how much say Miss Priss had in the making of that movie ( I would say quite a bit) anyway I just can't stand her! She should be ashamed!! Lee was always complaining about her not sueing people that slandered Elvis, well of course she wouldn't sue anyone because she would have had to sue herself first!!!
My poor husband!! He listened to me bitch through that whole movie! Yes, I watched the whole thing but I never will again!!I can not believe she did that to him after he wasn't around to defend himself!!!!!The same goes for the bathroom thing!
DEZ DEI MONA

Williamston, MI

#5 Aug 8, 2007
Elsie Marina 2007 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi it's me again. I know what you mean about this one. It makes me totally sick too! There was absolutely no need to make that public!! People wanting attention & money!! I wanted to also say that I taped the movie Elvis & Me this week-end & I finally got to watch it. Well, I HATED it!! I thought it would be a love story. Boy was I way off on that one! It made our sweet Elvis out to be nothing but a jerk & worse! Even the guy that played him was ridiculous!!! I don't know how much say Miss Priss had in the making of that movie ( I would say quite a bit) anyway I just can't stand her! She should be ashamed!! Lee was always complaining about her not sueing people that slandered Elvis, well of course she wouldn't sue anyone because she would have had to sue herself first!!!
My poor husband!! He listened to me bitch through that whole movie! Yes, I watched the whole thing but I never will again!!I can not believe she did that to him after he wasn't around to defend himself!!!!!The same goes for the bathroom thing!
HI EL I DID NOT MEAN FOR THAT THREAD TO SHOW UP HERE ,I WAS TRYING TO READ THE ARTICLE ONLY, ABOUT ANOTHER STUPID MOVIE .I DID NOT SEE IT AND WON'T . BUT I DID SEE THE PRISS ONE AND IT CAME FROM HER OWN BOOK . AS FOR LEE SHE WAS OBSESSED. AND I HOPE SHE STAYS GONE. THIS PLACE LOOKS CLEAN .AND PLEASANT NOW TO BE HERE.....DIANE ..

New Salisbury, Indiana

#6 Aug 8, 2007
DEZ DEI MONA wrote:
<quoted text> HI EL I DID NOT MEAN FOR THAT THREAD TO SHOW UP HERE ,I WAS TRYING TO READ THE ARTICLE ONLY, ABOUT ANOTHER STUPID MOVIE .I DID NOT SEE IT AND WON'T . BUT I DID SEE THE PRISS ONE AND IT CAME FROM HER OWN BOOK . AS FOR LEE SHE WAS OBSESSED. AND I HOPE SHE STAYS GONE. THIS PLACE LOOKS CLEAN .AND PLEASANT NOW TO BE HERE.....DIANE ..
Hi DI, That's the movie I saw. The one from her book!!UGG! It was sickening!!
Elvis is Everywhere tho isn't he? I see him on TV or in the paper, on billboards or hear him on the radio or somewhere everyday. I even seen a Dagwood & Blondie comic stip that had a reference to Our Elvis. It's still hanging on my frig!

Since: Apr 07

Federal Way , Wa

#7 Aug 9, 2007
TCB-girl wrote:
The bathroom thing is getting real old. Besides it's not like a person can decide where he's going to die! For heaven's sake tabloids, and book writers, so what where Elvis died! Would they write about it so much if he'd died in bed? Leave our man alone!! Poor Elvis, 30 years later and they still try to put him down! But he has millions of fans to keep him up!! UP UP UP to the top, where he deserves to be til the end of time!!

Federal Way , Wa

#8 Aug 9, 2007
Elsie Marina 2007 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi you again
Hope you got some rest after all those long hours you put in.
I hated that movie too! That actor acted so cocky, and Elvis wasn't like that at all!! The movie wasn't very well written either. It skipped so many years at a time or else I wasn't keeping up!
Didn't the movie portray that Priscilla moved out to her own place? And when she actually moved out didn't she move in with Mike Stone?
And from then on she used the Presley name to open doors for herself!! She's still doing it as far as I'm concerned. Still making money off of Elvis!

Federal Way , Wa

#9 Aug 9, 2007
Elsie Marina 2007 wrote:
<quoted text>
Elvis is Everywhere tho isn't he? I see him on TV or in the paper, on billboards or hear him on the radio or somewhere everyday. I even seen a Dagwood & Blondie comic stip that had a reference to Our Elvis. It's still hanging on my frig!
Elvis is everywhere. Tonight at work one of the guys came running to get me, I thought there was an accident or something, but he says come on, hurry, hurry, he was running, I was TRYING to run, LOL, not a pretty sight, I followed him into the cafeteria and lo and behold, there was Elvis on TV!! It actually was just kind of funny, cause this guy doesn't care for Elvis, yet he knew I did so he went out of his way to come and get me. How sweet is that?! Then I found out there was another guy on his way to get me when he saw me already on my way. It was all too cute.
Thanks for listening to me ramble. See you again soon.
Dagwood and Blondie? Funny!
DEZ DEI MONA

Warren, MI

#10 Aug 9, 2007
elvis4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Elvis is everywhere. Tonight at work one of the guys came running to get me, I thought there was an accident or something, but he says come on, hurry, hurry, he was running, I was TRYING to run, LOL, not a pretty sight, I followed him into the cafeteria and lo and behold, there was Elvis on TV!! It actually was just kind of funny, cause this guy doesn't care for Elvis, yet he knew I did so he went out of his way to come and get me. How sweet is that?! Then I found out there was another guy on his way to get me when he saw me already on my way. It was all too cute.
I HAVE MADE IT A POINT TO NEVER RUN THE WORLD HAS TO WAIT ON ME . EVEN IF HOUSE WAS BURNING DOWN . "SHUT UP AND HELP ME GRAB THE ELVIS PICTURES " TWO EL MOVIES ON TV LAND TODAY.
DEZ DEI MONA

Warren, MI

#11 Aug 9, 2007
Elsie Marina 2007 wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU CAN REFER TO ME AS D.L. PARKER KEPT ELVIS UNDER WRAPS SO ..THE LEAVE THEM WANTING MORE ,WAS THERE, CUZ WE NEVER HAD ALL THIS WHEN HE WAS ALIVE...D.L.

New Salisbury, Indiana

#12 Aug 9, 2007
elvis4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi you again
Hope you got some rest after all those long hours you put in.
I hated that movie too! That actor acted so cocky, and Elvis wasn't like that at all!! The movie wasn't very well written either. It skipped so many years at a time or else I wasn't keeping up!
Didn't the movie portray that Priscilla moved out to her own place? And when she actually moved out didn't she move in with Mike Stone?
And from then on she used the Presley name to open doors for herself!! She's still doing it as far as I'm concerned. Still making money off of Elvis!
I finally got rested up! I felt like I had been hit in the head. lol
Oh that movie had my blood boiling! They made him look stupid & barbaric!! I have seen enough footage of interviews & heard him speak during the concerts I have on video to know he wasn't anything like that! In the interview before the Madison Square Garden concert(for example) he was so witty & sweet. He was polite & soft spoken & SOOO handsome in that blue suit. I watched that one over & over.
Yea, in the movie she moved out & you didn't see Stone anywhere. She made herself look so innocent & Elvis looked like the old devil himself!! It was sickening. I also agree with you in the fact that she uses his name still to this day. How Sad!! Hope you are having a good day.

New Salisbury, Indiana

#13 Aug 9, 2007
elvis4me wrote:
<quoted text>
How sweet!! I think some like him don't that want admit it.:)
Dagwood is in an online chat room & he is telling Blondie how great it was & "real" his new online friends were. She asks him what his user name is & he says "Elvis".
Isn't that cute? I hope I didn't ruin it. I'm not too good at telling jokes.:)

New Salisbury, Indiana

#14 Aug 9, 2007
DEZ DEI MONA wrote:
<quoted text> I HAVE MADE IT A POINT TO NEVER RUN THE WORLD HAS TO WAIT ON ME . EVEN IF HOUSE WAS BURNING DOWN . "SHUT UP AND HELP ME GRAB THE ELVIS PICTURES " TWO EL MOVIES ON TV LAND TODAY.
LOL
DEZ DEI MONA

Warren, MI

#15 Aug 9, 2007
Elsie Marina 2007 wrote:
<quoted text>
I finally got rested up! I felt like I had been hit in the head. lol
Oh that movie had my blood boiling! They made him look stupid & barbaric!! I have seen enough footage of interviews & heard him speak during the concerts I have on video to know he wasn't anything like that! In the interview before the Madison Square Garden concert(for example) he was so witty & sweet. He was polite & soft spoken & SOOO handsome in that blue suit. I watched that one over & over.
Yea, in the movie she moved out & you didn't see Stone anywhere. She made herself look so innocent & Elvis looked like the old devil himself!! It was sickening. I also agree with you in the fact that she uses his name still to this day. How Sad!! Hope you are having a good day.
I TOSSED HER BOOK TO THE TRASH. BUT HE DID HAVE A TEMPER .AS MOST STARS DO. AND ME . YOU ALL SEEN MINE. IT WOULD LOOK BAD ON FILM........DL.

New Salisbury, Indiana

#16 Aug 9, 2007
DEZ DEI MONA wrote:
<quoted text> YOU CAN REFER TO ME AS D.L. PARKER KEPT ELVIS UNDER WRAPS SO ..THE LEAVE THEM WANTING MORE ,WAS THERE, CUZ WE NEVER HAD ALL THIS WHEN HE WAS ALIVE...D.L.
Right On.. D.L.
Hey, TCM has him on all day on the 16th too. I'm so glad I found you girls!! No one else understands any of this! lol Everyone just thinks I am obsessed & i guess I am. I just love him. Can't help that!! As for Parker I think he used him the most.
DEZ DEI MONA

Auburn Hills, MI

#17 Aug 9, 2007
Elsie Marina 2007 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right On.. D.L.
Hey, TCM has him on all day on the 16th too. I'm so glad I found you girls!! No one else understands any of this! lol Everyone just thinks I am obsessed & i guess I am. I just love him. Can't help that!! As for Parker I think he used him the most.
Glad you found us too! Stick with us. you'll be farting through silk..........DIANE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darkman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Superhero season starts now (Feb '12) Feb '12 Stan Lee 1
News Keep it Simple, Stupid (Nov '09) Nov '09 Common Cents 1
News Taken Blu-ray Disc Review (Jul '09) Jul '09 Erik_Rager77777 1
More from around the web