"Onion Field" killer dies in California prison at 79

Aug 13, 2012 Full story: WTAX-AM Springfield 26

Convicted murderer Gregory Powell, who kidnapped two Los Angeles police officers and killed one of them in 1963, a crime chronicled in the book and film "The Onion Field," has died in prison at the age of 79.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Michelle O

Vacaville, CA

#27 Aug 18, 2012
My mother always said you can't fix stupid.. You are living proof that she was right.
curious

Suisun City, CA

#29 Aug 18, 2012
Antwan wrote:
<quoted text>Short on facts, long on insults. Did momma teach you that too? This always happens to people that spew hate. Confront them with a challenge to show facts and they resort to personal insults. Just more hate.
It's easy to despise a brain-dead dumbass like you, Jerry. Your arrogance is only exceeded by your stupidity, you pompous idiot. Your posts are like cartoons.
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#31 Aug 18, 2012
Couldn't open the article... I wonder if any family claimed the body or if we used tax dollars to dispose off...

and another A Thought...

Eliminate the publicity of the book and the fact that the victim was a cop; does anyone who would literally hunt down another human to kill deserve any mercy? Life without parole seemed more than fitting to me.
Michelle Hoe

Vacaville, CA

#32 Aug 20, 2012
Michelle O wrote:
My mother always said you can't fix stupid.. You are living proof that she was right.
Was yo momma from Africa too?
Maximus Vacavillius

Danville, CA

#33 Aug 20, 2012
Michelle Hoe wrote:
<quoted text>Was yo momma from Africa too?
Off topic.
Anonymous

Whittier, CA

#34 Aug 26, 2012
Antwan wrote:
Gregory Powell should have been paroled years ago.
You & I and anyone with a brain knows this.

But there are a lot of idiots in the criminal justice system.

Judge Jackie Glass was stupid enough to claim OJ's 19 year sentence was in no way payback for what she believed he got away with in LA. But in the Las Vegas incident, no one was hurt.

But OJ got more than child molesters do. Only an idiot would believe the bs Glass spewed. And only an idiot would think Powell wouldn't have been paroled without the publicity this case garnered.

RIP, Gregory.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crime Movies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Martha Plimpton: 'I don't want to be just famous' 4 hr Mr anonomous proxy 1
Who's the King, Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley,... (Dec '09) 13 hr Listen Up 7,205
On Movies: 'Interstellar' mulls science and soul 19 hr foodonthego 2
COZI-TV announces 'Magnum, p.i.' marathon: Marc... (Mar '14) Dec 11 no doubt 2
Tom Selleck Mustache Sunday Party at Sturges to... Dec 11 no doubt 1
'Boyhood,' 'Birdman' lead SAG Awards nods Dec 10 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Paul Walker Cannot Lie (Feb '06) Dec 7 PWWr 11,951
More from around the web