"Onion Field" killer dies in Californ...

"Onion Field" killer dies in California prison at 79

There are 26 comments on the WTAX-AM Springfield story from Aug 13, 2012, titled "Onion Field" killer dies in California prison at 79. In it, WTAX-AM Springfield reports that:

Convicted murderer Gregory Powell, who kidnapped two Los Angeles police officers and killed one of them in 1963, a crime chronicled in the book and film "The Onion Field," has died in prison at the age of 79.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTAX-AM Springfield.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Antwan

Vacaville, CA

#1 Aug 13, 2012
Gregory Powell should have been paroled years ago.
Right is Right

Walnut Creek, CA

#2 Aug 14, 2012
Gregory Powell should have been hung until dead in public shortly after his conviction. This piece of scum was a cop killer for god's sake! Instead, the taxpayers of California payed for his more than comfortable stay at CMF here in Vacaville.
Antwan

Vacaville, CA

#3 Aug 14, 2012
Right is Right wrote:
Gregory Powell should have been hung until dead in public shortly after his conviction. This piece of scum was a cop killer for god's sake! Instead, the taxpayers of California payed for his more than comfortable stay at CMF here in Vacaville.
Had it not been for the book and film The Onion Field and all the publicity it generated over the years, Powell would have been out on parole years ago.
Right is Right

Walnut Creek, CA

#4 Aug 14, 2012
Antwan wrote:
<quoted text>Had it not been for the book and film The Onion Field and all the publicity it generated over the years, Powell would have been out on parole years ago.
^^^Libturd Democrap d-bag.^^^
Michelle O

Vacaville, CA

#5 Aug 14, 2012
ANtwan....you really are not firing on all cylinders
Antwan

Vacaville, CA

#6 Aug 14, 2012
Michelle O wrote:
ANtwan....you really are not firing on all cylinders
Why?
Michelle O

Vacaville, CA

#7 Aug 15, 2012
A killer that kidnapped a cop and killed him in cold blood and you wanted him paroled and having to explain that point just makes my point that your brain is some how compromised
Bob

Lafayette, CA

#8 Aug 15, 2012
Michelle O wrote:
A killer that kidnapped a cop and killed him in cold blood and you wanted him paroled and having to explain that point just makes my point that your brain is some how compromised
Pay no mind to Antwan, Michelle. He has peacock poop for brains.
Antwan

Vacaville, CA

#9 Aug 15, 2012
Michelle O wrote:
I see. Did you read the article? If so, did you skip the part that mentions what I have stated that Powell would have been out on parole had it not been for the book and film? I will accept your apology now. Please continue.
Adam Lambert

Benicia, CA

#10 Aug 15, 2012
Right is Right wrote:
He should have been *hanged.*
Bob

Lafayette, CA

#11 Aug 15, 2012
Adam Lambert wrote:
<quoted text>
He should have been *hanged.*
In the good old California before the libtards took over, Powell would have been gassed to death shortly after conviction.

Now, the libtard law requires so many appeal processes that a person convicted and sentenced to death is sure to die of old age at San Quentin prior to lethal injection.

WHAT A COMPLETE WASTE OF TAXPAYER RESOURCES! We need to bring back quick public executions in this state either by hanging or by firing squad. Make the death slow and extremely painful for the con.
Michelle O

Vacaville, CA

#12 Aug 15, 2012
Antwan wrote:
<quoted text>I see. Did you read the article? If so, did you skip the part that mentions what I have stated that Powell would have been out on parole had it not been for the book and film? I will accept your apology now. Please continue.
Arn't you just so precious
Michelle O

Vacaville, CA

#13 Aug 15, 2012
Btw go back and look at your first post! You know the one where you said he should have been paroled years ago. Waiting for your apology
Antwan

Vacaville, CA

#14 Aug 15, 2012
Michelle O wrote:
Btw go back and look at your first post! You know the one where you said he should have been paroled years ago. Waiting for your apology
Keep waiting cupcake. I said should because that's what the story said. Now let me be clear. Gregory Powell was not paroled because of the notoriety when anyone else under similar circumstances would have been paroled. This was a political decision to keep him locked up well beyond any reasonable length of time. A 79 year old terminally ill person is of no threat to anybody. Save your tax money and let these people go!

So anybody that disagrees with you is somehow out of their mind? If so, you sure live in a very small world.
Antwan

Vacaville, CA

#15 Aug 15, 2012
Michelle O wrote:
<quoted text>Arn't you just so precious
Precious yes, and special too. You? Small minded.
Michelle O

Vacaville, CA

#16 Aug 16, 2012
Save our tax dollar, not hardly. He would have been on public welfare rollers for food, housing and medical care. So there would have been no savings there. Unless you have knowledge that he had personal wealth. So flawed thinking
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#19 Aug 16, 2012
Well...

If it was wambaugh's book that kept him in the joint...

Then we all owe wambaugh a bit of gratitude!

just A Thought
Michelle O

Vacaville, CA

#21 Aug 17, 2012
Nope jack, it is just a fact. This guy would have gone from prison to public welfare and his expensive healthcare would have been picked up by you and me and others. No cost saving just a shift. Sorry you cannot see that
Michelle O

Vacaville, CA

#23 Aug 17, 2012
Where was this guy going to live, pay for his food and medical care. No job no hope except to live on welfare which comes out of the taxpayers pockets. That is unless he was going to live with you. Present to me how this guy would have lived on the outside with no money, no place to live. When people are indigent with no one to help them they live on welfare roles. Please tell me how you think he was going to make ends meet. I m just curious. Explain to me "what is actually there" that I missed.
Michelle O

Vacaville, CA

#25 Aug 17, 2012
I see you have no answers..so.... What facts do you want other than people with no source of income live off of welfare which is supplied by the state. If you don't understand that, then I guess there is no reason to go on with this.

I would still like your explanation of where food, housing and medical care would have come from. But I understand if you don't have a clue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crime Movies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News HalloweenExpress.com Releases its Top 10 Hallow... (Nov '08) 31 min prettyperi 6
News 'Lost' Tribe Keeps Growing - Elizabeth Mitchell... (Oct '07) 3 hr benice 3
News Happy Birthday, Gregory Hines, Tap Dancer, Chor... May 26 FAMOUSSTARFIELD 2
News Michelle Rodriguez: Jehovah's Witnesses Scarred... May 14 Randall Watters 59
News 'Nights in Rodanthe': stars Richard Gere, Diane... (Sep '08) May 14 MELISSA GERE 18
News John Travolta helps recreate the O.J. Simpson t... May 13 Jaimie 2
News 50s Fords Haul Moonshine To Quench The Devil's ... (Nov '08) May 13 barbara 38
More from around the web