Carrie Hassler: Southeast Tennessee's...

Carrie Hassler: Southeast Tennessee's leading lady of bluegrass

There are 31 comments on the Nooga.com story from Nov 10, 2013, titled Carrie Hassler: Southeast Tennessee's leading lady of bluegrass. In it, Nooga.com reports that:

Carrie Hassler of Pikeville, Tenn., is one of the region's leading ladies of bluegrass, with a voice that is often compared to Etta James, Patsy Cline and Alison Krauss.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Nooga.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
isthstru

United States

#23 Nov 23, 2013
Just Talk wrote:
<quoted text>
We are all just people and I could care less where any of you "came from". Neither of you have the integrity to be throwing slurs at the other. One calls the other a "dumbass Yankee" and from a "feeling" to respond, Yankee immediately fires back with "Typical dyed-in-the-wool southern idiot..."? Anyone can call someone else whatever they choose but that doesn't make them that, right? May make you "feel" better at the time but sure doesn't sound like "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" for either of you! It doesn't make any difference where any of us came FROM, but it should make a difference what we have INSIDE when we reach our destination. Just a thought...
that could be one ote bests posts I've read on here.
JeanneOcalaFL

United States

#24 Dec 18, 2013
This Carrie Hustler person must be one of those local people with a small town following. I have never seen her or heard of her anywhere except here in Pikeville. What this little village needs is some culture, like we had in Florida. Maybe some good jazz music or some poetry readings, and less bluegrass. Even though I've not heard her sing, I wish Miss Hustler luck anyway, in everything she does. Does anyone know if she sings around town? Maybe karaoke or something? I would love to hear her.
A thought

Pikeville, TN

#25 Dec 19, 2013
JeanneOcalaFL wrote:
This Carrie Hustler person must be one of those local people with a small town following. I have never seen her or heard of her anywhere except here in Pikeville. What this little village needs is some culture, like we had in Florida. Maybe some good jazz music or some poetry readings, and less bluegrass. Even though I've not heard her sing, I wish Miss Hustler luck anyway, in everything she does. Does anyone know if she sings around town? Maybe karaoke or something? I would love to hear her.
Don't mean to be smart toward you, but before you post this type of opinions, you should check around with people who KNOW. Carrie has done very well and I wish her continued success! "This little village" has an abundance of talent and more culture than you might be aware of; however, if you think some "poetry readings" are the way to get everyone on the same page, then set it up yourself, do the readings and see how many would make an effort to attend. Btw, if more "culture" is your need "...like we had in Florida", then make yourself happy and move back. You have a right to your opinion and I respect that but when you move to a new place, it doesn't make you brighter than anyone else who has lived here all their lives. Just a thought...
Get it together

Warrenton, VA

#26 Dec 19, 2013
Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to spell. Your third grade education is showing. Did you even brush your tooth today? LOL
Your Education must not be to good.:: should be teeth not tooth,
Lame

Pikeville, TN

#27 Dec 19, 2013
Get it together wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Education must not be to good.:: should be teeth not tooth,
I think that was supposed to be an attempt at humor, under the disguise of being mean. It is amusing how some people like to make hateful remarks, thinking (in their own mind) that they are somehow above the average "joe" and then (in their own mind) that they are being funny. Sad!
Culture Club

Pikeville, TN

#28 Dec 19, 2013
JeanneOcalaFL wrote:
If I thought Florida was great, I would go back. What keeps you here? This place is rich in culture. We need constructive criticism, not someone thinking they are superior. We all put our pants on one leg at a time. You would find Carrie very enjoyable to hear.
Citizen Cane

Dunlap, TN

#29 Dec 25, 2013
Carrie use to sing gospel but there was not enough money in it so she started singing the devils music.
Laughable

Pikeville, TN

#30 Dec 25, 2013
Citizen Cane wrote:
Carrie use to sing gospel but there was not enough money in it so she started singing the devils music.
She still sings gospel as well as bluegrass and any other type she chooses - all of which she does very well! Whose opinion is it that any music other than gospel is the devil's music? Most songs are written about life events so is it your opinion that life belongs to the devil? Not! That is, unless YOU make that choice for yourself. It seems to me that too many people are too (self) righteous to be religious - think about that for awhile. Speaking of the "devil", he is given a lot of credit especially when it comes to someone's opinion insofar as someone else's life is concerned. Are you sure about your opinion that you quoted? Stating facts that are not true are on the devil's list, right? Jus saying.
way to go

United States

#32 Dec 25, 2013
Congratulations on your new Christmas baby boy, Carrie!
Hard to Bluff

Pikeville, TN

#33 Dec 26, 2013
Don't you just love it !!! The old saying that those who can, DO! And those who can't DO criticize those who DO! End of story!
Care less

United States

#34 Dec 28, 2013
I think these people on Topix are trying to get to Wnky not Carrie, because she is a nice person. Carrie, Candi and Shelia are all nice ladies. We can not say that about Ole Winky the Gambler..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Country Strong Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Feds intercepted 722,000 illegal immigrants las... (Mar '14) Apr '14 Ron in Az 4
News Kirsten Dunst's Boyfriend Is An Ass (Jul '13) Jul '13 Daze 1
News Gwyneth Paltrow's 'strange' life with Brad Pitt (Dec '10) Jul '11 RMQuinn37 3
News 'The Little Mermaid' To Get A Dark Remake (May '11) May '11 Stewie 3
News Gwyneth Paltrow: Wild in the 'Country' (Dec '10) Mar '11 dave 5
News The Worst Celebrity Singers (Mar '11) Mar '11 She Bangs 3
News The 83rd Annual Academy Awards show (Feb '11) Feb '11 T Erik Rager 1
More from around the web