Carrie Hassler: Southeast Tennessee's...

Carrie Hassler: Southeast Tennessee's leading lady of bluegrass

There are 31 comments on the Nooga.com story from Nov 10, 2013, titled Carrie Hassler: Southeast Tennessee's leading lady of bluegrass. In it, Nooga.com reports that:

Carrie Hassler of Pikeville, Tenn., is one of the region's leading ladies of bluegrass, with a voice that is often compared to Etta James, Patsy Cline and Alison Krauss.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Nooga.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Proud for Our Town

Pikeville, TN

#1 Nov 10, 2013
CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so happy for you and all your hard work, for the ambassador you are for our county, and just because I am happy to know you and your family and that you are doing well. Couldn't happen to a nicer person! You go girl -
uuh

United States

#2 Nov 10, 2013
Who in the heck is the ambassador
Not Suprised

Pikeville, TN

#3 Nov 10, 2013
uuh wrote:
Who in the heck is the ambassador
Yes, education is definitely lacking in our county. lol Rather than to think for a minute that "they" should maybe figure out what something means, "they" jump on topix to reinforce (advertise) stupidity... funny!
Not Suprised

Pikeville, TN

#5 Nov 11, 2013
rushe wrote:
<quoted text> you must be a yankee
Nope! lol
henry smith

Dunlap, TN

#6 Nov 11, 2013
I can sing too
tom

Pikeville, TN

#7 Nov 11, 2013
she sure as heck isn't my leading lady of bluegrass, can't stand to hear her sing..
Another Negative

Pikeville, TN

#8 Nov 11, 2013
tom wrote:
she sure as heck isn't my leading lady of bluegrass, can't stand to hear her sing..
Then don't listen to her and stop complaining because everything isn't supposed to be just for you but I can tell you there are a lot of us who love to hear her sing and are very proud of her success! Yea, I realize that there are those who choose never to do anything positive and don't want to see anyone succeed at anything. I would be happy for you if you won the lottery but then you would probably complain that "it wasn't enough"? Oh well, life is about CHOICES and you can't help anyone with anything that don't want to help themselves! Some people's kids...lol
We are Proud

Pikeville, TN

#9 Nov 11, 2013
tom wrote:
We don't agree. We are very proud of our local girl!
Chrsty

Warrenton, VA

#10 Nov 13, 2013
who in the hell is Carrie Hassler
just wondering

United States

#12 Nov 17, 2013
Chrsty wrote:
who in the hell is Carrie Hassler
Look her up on YouTube.
Chrsty

Warrenton, VA

#13 Nov 17, 2013
If i have to look her up on YouTube then she must not be the leading lady of bluegrass,I love bluegrass music but i have never heard of her,are you sure you are not talking about Rhonda Vincent
FLnativeTNtransp lant

Warrenton, VA

#14 Nov 17, 2013
All this world needs... another damn youtube star, lol.... hell, I can post a video on youtube! Dumb hillbilly bluegrass yokel!
Figures

Pikeville, TN

#15 Nov 17, 2013
FLnativeTNtransplant wrote:
All this world needs... another damn youtube star, lol.... hell, I can post a video on youtube! Dumb hillbilly bluegrass yokel!
Yea, and all Pikeville needs is another FLnativeTNtransplant with a dumbass negative attitude. If Florida didn't have any "dumb hillbilly ..." then why didn't you stay where everything was great and you could be happy? Jealousy is a funny thing, it makes you "think" you are the only person in the world that "should" matter. Frankly, there is nothing dumb, hillbilly nor yokel about Carrie Hassler and I wish her continued success. I would wish the same for you too if you could possibly find something positive to do with your life!
Yankee

Pikeville, TN

#16 Nov 18, 2013
She's on more than just YouTube. I've heard her sing and I think she's FANTASTIC! Beautiful voice! And I'm a Yankee with a bit of education.
BIG JOHN

United States

#17 Nov 21, 2013
Yankee wrote:
She's on more than just YouTube. I've heard her sing and I think she's FANTASTIC! Beautiful voice! And I'm a Yankee with a bit of education.
A yankee with an education is still a dumb ass
Yankee

Pikeville, TN

#18 Nov 22, 2013
BIG JOHN wrote:
<quoted text>A yankee with an education is still a dumb ass
You don't even know me. Typical dyed-in-the-wool southern idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about. Your comment has nothing to do with the topic.
BIG JOHN

United States

#19 Nov 22, 2013
Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>You don't even know me. Typical dyed-in-the-wool southern idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about. Your comment has nothing to do with the topic.
If you are a true yankee and living in Pikeville i would not let any one know ,you sick basterds need to stay where you came from
Yankee

Pikeville, TN

#20 Nov 23, 2013
BIG JOHN wrote:
<quoted text>If you are a true yankee and living in Pikeville i would not let any one know ,you sick basterds need to stay where you came from
Learn to spell. Your third grade education is showing. Did you even brush your tooth today? LOL
Just Talk

Pikeville, TN

#21 Nov 23, 2013
Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>You don't even know me. Typical dyed-in-the-wool southern idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about. Your comment has nothing to do with the topic.
We are all just people and I could care less where any of you "came from". Neither of you have the integrity to be throwing slurs at the other. One calls the other a "dumbass Yankee" and from a "feeling" to respond, Yankee immediately fires back with "Typical dyed-in-the-wool southern idiot..."? Anyone can call someone else whatever they choose but that doesn't make them that, right? May make you "feel" better at the time but sure doesn't sound like "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" for either of you! It doesn't make any difference where any of us came FROM, but it should make a difference what we have INSIDE when we reach our destination. Just a thought...
Really

Pikeville, TN

#22 Nov 23, 2013
BIG JOHN wrote:
<quoted text>A yankee with an education is still a dumb ass
Yes, and you make yourself sound like a rocket scientist? Not! Ignorance is not territorial, it is rampant. BTW, I am southern and thought I would mention that BEFORE you come back with Yankee propaganda. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Country Strong Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Feds intercepted 722,000 illegal immigrants las... (Mar '14) Apr '14 Ron in Az 4
News Kirsten Dunst's Boyfriend Is An Ass (Jul '13) Jul '13 Daze 1
News Gwyneth Paltrow's 'strange' life with Brad Pitt (Dec '10) Jul '11 RMQuinn37 3
News 'The Little Mermaid' To Get A Dark Remake (May '11) May '11 Stewie 3
News Gwyneth Paltrow: Wild in the 'Country' (Dec '10) Mar '11 dave 5
News The Worst Celebrity Singers (Mar '11) Mar '11 She Bangs 3
News The 83rd Annual Academy Awards show (Feb '11) Feb '11 T Erik Rager 1
More from around the web