Sean Penn - Milk is Best Gay Movie of...

Sean Penn - Milk is Best Gay Movie of the Decade

There are 7 comments on the Contactmusic.com story from May 16, 2011, titled Sean Penn - Milk is Best Gay Movie of the Decade. In it, Contactmusic.com reports that:

Sean Penn's Oscar-winning movie Milk has been voted the best gay film of the last decade.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Contactmusic.com.

SLIF

Toronto, Canada

#1 May 16, 2011
I didn't see the movie,so I can't comment.

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#2 May 16, 2011
I find it annoying that critics lump all movies with a GLBTQ plot thread all together and then single out one as superior to all the others.

"Milk" was an outstanding achievement in filmmaking; but if you must categorize it, why not consider it in the context of other fact-based biographical dramatic features like "The King's Speech", "The Queen", "The Last King of Scotland", etc.?

Creating fictional characters and setting them in an historical time and place, as was brilliantly achieved in "Brokeback Mountain", isn't really comparable at all.

And how in Hades did "The Hours" (despite the private orientations of its director and writer) qualify as a "gay film", when Ed Harris' supporting character was the only openly GLBTQ character in the film?

Ah, well, what does it really matter in the long run?
Resist Ignorance

Grovetown, GA

#3 May 16, 2011
SLIF wrote:
I didn't see the movie,so I can't comment.
It is a really good movie. You should rent it or check it out from one of your libraries.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#4 May 16, 2011
Resist Ignorance wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a really good movie. You should rent it or check it out from one of your libraries.
Might watch it again. I'm going to need some inspiration for upcoming battles.
Frank Stanton

Omaha, NE

#5 May 16, 2011
i heart sean. the epitome of a real human being.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#6 May 17, 2011
Besides some incredible acting, by all the principals, it truly caught a time period closer than many movies. I came of age in that time and spent many a weekend in San Francisco in the later 70's.

Apparently, besides, designing copies of the clothes of what the real people would have worn, copying real photos of them, they even "dressed" Castro Street in the proper signs and businesses, painting some of the buildings to match their 1978 look.

It was a true masterpiece.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#7 May 26, 2011
I dunno, I saw Brokeback too and I would give that thought to that movie instead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Comedy Movies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 42 min True Judgment 680
News Joseph Mascolo, Stefano DeMira From - Days of O... Fri ERIC 5
News LGBTQ Activist Cleve Jones: 'I'm Well Aware How... Fri hivaids epidemic 19
telegram fun groups (full masti videos ) (Nov '14) Dec 8 hos 165
News Peter Vaughan, best known for his roles in Porr... Dec 6 A Good One 1
News Welcome to the Presidential Transition from Hell Nov 30 o see the light 1
News Columbus State to celebrate Carson McCullersa 1... Nov 30 Will Dockery 1
More from around the web