Lesbian Texas teacher barred from her...

Lesbian Texas teacher barred from her classroom to start new academic year

There are 308 comments on the The Beaumont Enterprise story from Aug 11, 2018, titled Lesbian Texas teacher barred from her classroom to start new academic year. In it, The Beaumont Enterprise reports that:

Stacy Bailey , an art teacher at Charlotte Anderson Elementary School was suspended and reassigned to a secondary school after showing this photo of herself and her wife Julie Vazquez to her students.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Beaumont Enterprise.

First Prev
of 16
Next Last

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#1 Aug 11, 2018
I hope she wins her lawsuit and bankrupts this Podunk hellscape.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Dave

Fort Worth, TX

#4 Aug 12, 2018
"Bailey will be stating the new academic year Mansfield's Lake Ridge High School and will be teaching 9th through 12-grade students instead of elementary age students."

Ideally she should never be allowed to teach any kids of any age but at least her pushing homosexuality on older kids is better than forcing it on the impressionable minds of the tiny ones.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Indianapolis

#5 Aug 12, 2018
Yes, I'm sure you dislike facts being conveyed to kids. She is not pushing anything; she's speaking about simple facts. She's married to a woman. Many of my teachers mentioned their OS spouses. Get the hell over it.
Dave wrote:
"Bailey will be stating the new academic year Mansfield's Lake Ridge High School and will be teaching 9th through 12-grade students instead of elementary age students."

Ideally she should never be allowed to teach any kids of any age but at least her pushing homosexuality on older kids is better than forcing it on the impressionable minds of the tiny ones.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TomInElPaso

El Paso, TX

#6 Aug 12, 2018
Dave wrote:

Yes because everyone knows homosexuals are created by talking about them! You gonna change your name from Dave to Darla?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#7 Aug 13, 2018
Why did she feel her students needed to know that Jasper Johns was gay?
Why isn't it important for kids to know Rockwell was straight?

Bias. It has no place in the classroom.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Martha

Alameda, CA

#8 Aug 13, 2018
I have had many art classes from elementary school through college and never once did a teacher mention any artists sexual orientation. Why would they?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#9 Aug 13, 2018
Martha wrote:
I have had many art classes from elementary school through college and never once did a teacher mention any artists sexual orientation. Why would they?
You lost everyone when you claimed to go to college! LOL!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Sammy

Fort Worth, TX

#10 Aug 13, 2018
Wondering wrote:

I wish my elementary school art teacher had taught us that Norman Rockwell was a straight man. I also wish she had shown us pictures of her and her husband in their Halloween costumes. I mean that would have totally made my elementary art education so much better.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Indianapolis

#11 Aug 13, 2018
Why do I care if Washington was straight, married a widow, and had no kids? But I had to learn all about him and his boring homelife. But pretending that learning someone is gay is any different from learning someone is straight is either equally pertinent or equally irrelevant. In the case of artists. writers, etc, their own lives usually impact their work, so knowing their orientation can be educational in explaining some works.
Wondering wrote:

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Hudson

Housatonic, MA

#12 Aug 13, 2018
Wondering wrote:
Yes, you are correct. People like you have no place in the classroom.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Indianapolis

#13 Aug 13, 2018
How do yu study Michelangelo or Gaugin and NOT discuss their orientation? Their works are diaries of their conquests and romances, even if veiled thinly by a veneer of observation. I went to catholic schools, and even they touched on their sex lives, especially in college.
Martha wrote:

Indianapolis

#14 Aug 13, 2018
And your teachers would have preferred that yu not come to school intoxicated.
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text>

I wish my elementary school art teacher had taught us that Norman Rockwell was a straight man. I also wish she had shown us pictures of her and her husband in their Halloween costumes. I mean that would have totally made my elementary art education so much better.
Big Barry

Fort Worth, TX

#15 Aug 13, 2018
cpeter1313 wrote:
How do yu study Michelangelo or Gaugin and NOT discuss their orientation? Their works are diaries of their conquests and romances, even if veiled thinly by a veneer of observation. I went to catholic schools, and even they touched on their sex lives, especially in college.

<quoted text>
Were Michelangelo or Gaugin gay or something? I don't know because my art teacher never mentioned it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#16 Aug 13, 2018
Dave wrote:

You can post this baloney as many times as you want......

Sexual orientation cannot be "forced" or "pushed" on anyone. Throughout my life, people have tried to push heterosexuality on me. Guess what.....I'm 51 years old and still gay.
Big Barry

Fort Worth, TX

#17 Aug 13, 2018
Gremlin wrote:
<quoted text>You can post this baloney as many times as you want......

Sexual orientation cannot be "forced" or "pushed" on anyone. Throughout my life, people have tried to push heterosexuality on me. Guess what.....I'm 51 years old and still gay.
That's because you're a loser and can't get women.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#18 Aug 13, 2018
Big Barry wrote:
<quoted text>

That's because you're a loser and can't get women.
Guess what, idiot.....I don't want women.

Look up the word "homosexual" in the dictionary. A real loser someone who's so insecure about his manhood he has to hate gays to feel better about himself.

Indianapolis

#19 Aug 13, 2018
Your art teacher did a piss-poor job, then. You can point to individual Michelangelo works and identify his lover of the moment. Gaugin was hetero and had relations with many of the island women he painted.
Big Barry wrote:
<quoted text>

Were Michelangelo or Gaugin gay or something? I don't know because my art teacher never mentioned it.
Big Barry

Fort Worth, TX

#20 Aug 13, 2018
cpeter1313 wrote:
Your art teacher did a piss-poor job, then. You can point to individual Michelangelo works and identify his lover of the moment. Gaugin was hetero and had relations with many of the island women he painted.

<quoted text>
And your art teacher told you this in elementary school? That's funny all I remember from elementary school art class was making paper mache masks. I guess your teacher must have been gay.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Big Barry

Fort Worth, TX

#22 Aug 13, 2018
cpeter1313 wrote:
I see the confusion. I went to elementary, high school, and college. You evidently didn't get past 3rd grade.

<quoted text>
Well if you read the article and if we're having a discussion relevant to the article and giving examples from our lives to back up our arguments, the art teacher in question was promoting the gay agenda (I mean teaching art) in an elementary school.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#23 Aug 13, 2018
cpeter1313 wrote:
Why do I care if Washington was straight, married a widow, and had no kids? But I had to learn all about him and his boring homelife. But pretending that learning someone is gay is any different from learning someone is straight is either equally pertinent or equally irrelevant. In the case of artists. writers, etc, their own lives usually impact their work, so knowing their orientation can be educational in explaining some works.

<quoted text>
I was never taught that a straight man was straight in any public school. No one ever made a big deal about it or announced it. My kids were never taught that a straight man was straight in any public school. Why, because that's the way it's supposed to be.

Straight is normal. I understand how important it is for gays to point out that some gays actually did something that's considered positive. They use these people to tell little kids that gay is normal and
they have many accomplishments. If sexual preference is going to be pointed out for people it should always be pointed out for straights as well.

You say you "had to learn" but I've never seen evidence that you actually learned anything.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Comedy Movies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... (Nov '16) 6 min Dada 10,863
News Hollywood star Burt Reynolds dies aged 82 12 hr C Kersey 2
News Alexandra Shipp says 'colorism' is prevalent in... Mon Here Is My Card 1
News 'The Red Shoes' among classic movies in NYC the... (Nov '09) Mon SLIF 22
News Burt Reynolds, Star Of Film, TV And Tabloids, D... Sep 9 res x 3
News Suddenly Infamous: Casting JonBenet And Rodney ... (May '17) Sep 1 Anonymous 8
News Ex-'ER' Actress Vanessa Marquez Shot Dead After... Aug 31 Randy Jefferson 1