State takes over probe of Ashland death

State takes over probe of Ashland death

There are 16 comments on the www.beardstownnewspapers.com story from May 21, 2009, titled State takes over probe of Ashland death. In it, www.beardstownnewspapers.com reports that:

by Marla Blair / Star-Gazette editor ... After six months of waiting for answers, and rumors replacing fact, the case of Steven Watkins death has been moved from Cass County Stateís Attorney John Dahlemís office, to the Office of the Stateís Attorneys Appellate Prosecutor..

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.beardstownnewspapers.com.

someone

Havana, IL

#1 May 21, 2009
I sure pray that they do a better job than Cass County State Attorney.

Hopefully the Watkins family will see justice finally!!!! served and get the much needed closure they are so needing!

My prayers are still on going for the Watkins family!
bored

Peoria, IL

#2 May 21, 2009
im hoping with the newly appointed stateís attorneys appellate prosecutor finds justice for this family and the kids especially ... its been too long as it is with no progress they should look into cass county a little more and see if theres any incompetence ... sounds like there plenty of it
Dusk96 Havana

Pekin, IL

#3 May 22, 2009
Great news for this family,this should have been done a long time ago.Like in the begining.In anything but a capital murder case,I can see where these things can happen,but it is way past time to take care of this mess.

“2008 is not our year??? It may”

Since: Dec 07

VIRGINIA, Il

#4 May 24, 2009
There is benefit planned for June to raise money for legal fees ,in case needed or for the daughters education.
Dusk96 Havana

Pekin, IL

#5 May 25, 2009
Legal fees for whom?
somewhere

Beardstown, IL

#6 May 26, 2009
for steven's family to fight for justice...
someone who cares

Pekin, IL

#7 May 27, 2009
What is wrong with this picture when a family has to raise money to find justice for the death of their son. We live in one of the greatest places in the world and this family has to deal with the fact that their son is gone and NO ONE IN LAW ENFORCEMENT is doing anything about this. You can bet if it was one of their love ones something would have been done long ago. I can not image the pain Slick and Penny must be feeling,I feel so sorry for them. I will keep them in my prayers.
Dusk96 Havana

Pekin, IL

#8 May 28, 2009
Someone who cares;Here Here,the family needs to raise money,for this.My god what kind of county do you have.Sounds like a bunce of keystone cops and stupid county officals too me.I would say, look towards election time,and remeber this could have been anybody's else's loved one
unknown

Williston, SC

#9 May 29, 2009
May God Bless this family.
uknowit

Beardstown, IL

#10 May 30, 2009
btown cops DO suck. they only do things for people that are associated with them. screw them all.
keg

Houston, TX

#11 Jun 5, 2009
Its about damn time that they do something..I mean its only been 7 months and still they dont know who killed that poor man!! You know its funny how there was a house full of people and no one saw this man get shot in the head. thats a little odd!! My thoughts and prays go out to his family!! I cant wait for the day that this case is closed, and the family will finally be at peace!! And I also agree that BTOWN cops do suck!! I am from there, and finally moved about 2 years ago!!
Rhoda

Raleigh, NC

#12 Jun 5, 2009
If they find out? My friend, Susan Bonser was murdered, after being at the Rod&Gun bar in 1990"s and it still is unsolved
uknowit

Beardstown, IL

#13 Jun 7, 2009
susan Bonser.. that's because a COP murdered her. of course there not gonna find out "who" did it. haha...
Lil sis

Arlington, VA

#14 Nov 9, 2009
And which cop would that be? I would love to hear your theory..........
Nosey

Monmouth, IL

#15 Jun 22, 2010
Rhoda wrote:
If they find out? My friend, Susan Bonser was murdered, after being at the Rod&Gun bar in 1990"s and it still is unsolved
Your friend? Really? The same friend you defended
by doing everything the RPD asked of you? You took
a lie detector test right? Oh no you didnt. Hmmm
Well I hope I never find a friend like you Rhoda.
confused

United States

#16 Jul 4, 2010
is is possible...(and NO , dont go crazy here, murder is NOT by any means the answer) that Mr Watkins, was doing something he shouldnt have been doing?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Avenged Sevenfold - A Little Piece Of Heaven - ... Jun '15 BHH 1
News Lincoln Chafee hits Hillary Clinton on war, tru... Jun '15 Jeff Brightone 1
News Pittsfield candidates join fray for city clerk,... Apr '15 Praxis33 2
News Hillary Clinton emails: Did she do anything wro... Mar '15 Le Duped 92
News Young honored as - Trooper of the Year' (Dec '09) Feb '15 JasonYoung 16
Shortage of bricklayers worsens as east's const... (Jan '15) Jan '15 buttered brick 1
News Bail denied for New Bedford man charged with Wa... (Sep '09) Nov '14 NBHomeboy 21
More from around the web