Letters: Obama trying

Letters: Obama trying

There are 95 comments on the El Paso Times story from Sep 7, 2010, titled Letters: Obama trying. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Obama came to Fort Bliss to talk to the troops. Many of our elected officials, or those running, were not there.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
mimi

Howe, TX

#1 Sep 8, 2010
Obama Trying? He is trying all of us. I am sick and tired of all the finder pointing that this economy happened before Obama. As soon he took office the economy went down hill. All the money that has been thrown at the economy has not created jobs. the money being thrown out here is for us and our great grandchildren to pay and nothing to show for it. Yes I will blame Obama and all his little followers that are doing nothing to take care of the economic situation. Spend Spend Spend, that is not the soultion, spend so there will be more corruption those are the people that are getting most of the monies. Cities are using the money to do stupid things in their cities, while the working people pay the price. Obama the way I see it is not trying. Quit makeing excuses and get everybody back to work. Cut the taxes and really help. www.elpasograpevine.com
Fun

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Sep 8, 2010
LaRue D. Lamb is one very confused person.

Read this:

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/245730...
SuperMex

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Sep 8, 2010
mimi wrote:
Obama Trying? He is trying all of us. I am sick and tired of all the finder pointing that this economy happened before Obama. As soon he took office the economy went down hill. All the money that has been thrown at the economy has not created jobs. the money being thrown out here is for us and our great grandchildren to pay and nothing to show for it. Yes I will blame Obama and all his little followers that are doing nothing to take care of the economic situation. Spend Spend Spend, that is not the soultion, spend so there will be more corruption those are the people that are getting most of the monies. Cities are using the money to do stupid things in their cities, while the working people pay the price. Obama the way I see it is not trying. Quit makeing excuses and get everybody back to work. Cut the taxes and really help. www.elpasograpevine.com
Cut taxes? Is this some trickle-down nonsense? The economy needs demand for goods and services. We need more stimulus programs like the cash for clunkers, home-buyer credits. We could easily pay for this if needless pork spending (including wasteful military contracts for programs even the generals don't want).
Really are you for real

El Paso, TX

#4 Sep 8, 2010
Obama trying?...yes he is I agree with that. He is trying to run this country into the ground with his irresponsible and incessant spending.

Obama has been in office for two years, and all he has done is advance his liberal agenda, HIS liberal agenda, not that of the American people.

How much longer are you going to blame the Republicans on Obamas failures? Yes, billions were spent on the Iraq war, but, Obama has spent TRILLIONS on his social welfare programs and bank bailouts, which, by the way, should have been allowed to go under.

Also, the banks would not have gone under if monitoring procedures were put into effect, which BARNEY FRANK blocked. So, if you want to blame someone for the bank bailouts, put it on the Democrats where it belongs.
Sal

El Paso, TX

#5 Sep 8, 2010
Answer for LaRue D. Lamb:

The Forgotten Man - Jon McNaughton

&fe ature=player_embedded
Petro

El Paso, TX

#6 Sep 8, 2010
Obama did figure out a way to win the war. He is War Hero now . Welcome to new better Amreica.
Fun

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Sep 8, 2010
SuperMex wrote:
<quoted text>Cut taxes? Is this some trickle-down nonsense? The economy needs demand for goods and services. We need more stimulus programs like the cash for clunkers, home-buyer credits. We could easily pay for this if needless pork spending (including wasteful military contracts for programs even the generals don't want).
How many boxtops did you send in to get your degree in economics? You have no idea what you are talking about other than what Olberman tells you. Even the mainstream media are starting to see the light (kicking and screaming all the way, but getting there). Everything this administration has said is a bld-faced lie.
Fun

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Sep 8, 2010
Sal wrote:
Answer for LaRue D. Lamb:
The Forgotten Man - Jon McNaughton
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =4KGlBHyVeYUXX&feature=pla yer_embedded
Wow, what a great clip. I wonder if prints are available for purchase?
Triumpth

United States

#9 Sep 8, 2010
Politicians are running away from Hussein because they want to get re-elected. They were over joyed at health care passing, but none of them are running on it now!
It's amazing how this clown (LaRUE)is sympathizing because Hussein "is trying to put the country back", yet there was no bigger task of doing this, than the task faced by President Bush after 9/11.
No doubt, La Rue was among the first to blame Bush for 9/11 and absolve Clinton despite the fact that Bush had only been in office 10 months. Now it's all excuse making because Hussein has only been in office 20 months. Hypocrites!
Someone needs to tell LaRue that democrats own both houses and that republicans don't have the votes (or the guts) to stop the democrats. Hussein, in fact, has gotten everything he wants so how can LaRue sit there and say the republicans are "destroying good things".
Oh that's right. No origigal thought here, just a bunch of washed up liberal cliches.
As far as America having a short memory, it is LaRue that has forgotten the first attack on the Towers, the attacks on our embassies, Sadaam dissing Clinton and Albright for 8 years, Megadishu, Clinton accidentally bombing a Chinese embassy, and the attack on the USS Cole.(the good old days in the eyes of liberals)
It is Larue that has forgotten, or never cared, that Hussein is the least experienced man ever put in the White House in the history of America!
That, by the way, was the only "historic" aspect of his election.
mimi

Howe, TX

#10 Sep 8, 2010
SuperMex wrote:
<quoted text>Cut taxes? Is this some trickle-down nonsense? The economy needs demand for goods and services. We need more stimulus programs like the cash for clunkers, home-buyer credits. We could easily pay for this if needless pork spending (including wasteful military contracts for programs even the generals don't want).
More Stimulus are you kidding me? Who did it help? I have been out there talking to people in business especially used car dealers the cash for clunkers killed most of their business. No new car trade ins no used cars. Sounds like you live in a fantasy world. We already have goods and services for the lazy bums that do not want to take care of their families. Right here in our city is a prime example of the corruption that the gov brings on . How many people in city state, offices are in this corruption scandal. They are given way to much power and too much Gov money. The theives in office will figutre a way to get it from us. No more spending!!!
www.elpasograpevine.com

“End the War on Arizona”

Since: Jan 08

El Paso, TX

#11 Sep 8, 2010
"LaRue D Lamb: Don't blame Obama; he is doing his best. Go back to 2000-2008. This country went downhill and many countries really started hating us."
Hmmm. I presume, since you stated that Bush was the problem, that you really meant Jan 2001- Jan 2009? Those would be the years of W's actual terms in office. When you include the year 2000, you are actually talking about the last of Clinton's eight years.
Let's review those years (1993-2001):
1993 Islamist Small Arms attack at CIA Hq, 2 killed
1993 First Islamic attack on the World Trade Center.
1994 Brooklyn Bridge Shooting. Islamist swine fills one, wounds four Jewish victims.
1995 Islamist bombing of (US) OPM-SANG offices in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 5 Americans dead.
1996 Khobar Towers bombing in Dhahran Saudi Arabia, 19 US dead, 372 wounded.
1997 Empire State Building shooting. Ali Abu Kamal opens fire on tourists at an observation deck atop the in New York City- family later claims he wanted to punish US for support of Israel.
1998 US Embassies in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and Nairobi, Kenya attacked (al Qaida) hundreds (non-US) dead.
1999 2000 Millenium Attack Plot. Attempt thwarted when Muslim Dog captured at Canadian border with expressed attempt to bomb LAX airport.
2000 Attack on USS Cole in Yemeni port, 17 US Sailors dead, 39 wounded/injured.

Now I ask you, for how many of these was Bill Clinton responsible?
Let me help you- None.
Pull your head out of your partisan backside. The real enemy is Islam.
eplion

United States

#12 Sep 8, 2010
I wish Obama would quit trying to run our country into the ground.
Texas Grandma

El Paso, TX

#13 Sep 8, 2010
DEMOCRATS HAVE HAD CONTROL OF THE HOUSE/SENATE...where have you been. Yeah Obama is trying...to take us down hook line and sinker....wake up America...because the America under Obama is a weak, broke lonely power! We are no longer the powerful nation we once were....November can not come soon enough, it may take a while but we will once again become a super power to be reckoned with not apologized for!!
Get Real

El Paso, TX

#14 Sep 8, 2010
mimi wrote:
We don't have to point fingers at The Bush Administration the FACTS speak for themselves. Sad that there are none so blind as those who REFUSE to see and The GOP has become a party of totally blind, lying, crooks and adulterers.
OldandGrey

El Paso, TX

#15 Sep 8, 2010
Jesus...

Obama is NOT a Liberal.

If he was, he wouldn't keep pandering to the GOP.

The stimulus was half what it should have been and even then he caved to the Republicans and made 40% of it tax cuts (Which the rich NEVER spend on jobs, but instead deposit into their bank accounts.)

He caved to the GOP on Health Care reform until it became Health Insurance reform and will provide a bonanza in new clients to the Health Insurance companies who can still deny coverage while getting even richer.

Arrests of undocumented aliens are up and he is spending more money than Bush on ICE and yet the Republicans say he isn't doing enough to curb immigration.

But keep on supporting the Republicans and watch the United States turn into a third world country with no middle class and just the super rich and all the rest of us because THAT is where THEY are headed.
FEDUP

El Paso, TX

#16 Sep 8, 2010
DOWN SIZE THE BLOATED CITY GOVERNMENT!!!
Thes people at city hall are the only ones employed at exorbitant salaries and benefits that we can no longer afford!
Their jobs aren't that critical and specialized that they merit such insanely high salaries!
Rey

United States

#17 Sep 8, 2010
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have to point fingers at The Bush Administration the FACTS speak for themselves. Sad that there are none so blind as those who REFUSE to see and The GOP has become a party of totally blind, lying, crooks and adulterers.
As oppossed to the in-your-face, eyes-wide-open, liars, crooks, and adulterers in charge now with the Democrats? Yes the facts speak for themslves. An econmoic team that had NO idea what is was doing with the economy, and STILL doesn't; 10 percent umpemployment nationwide; trillion-dollar deficts in one year; businesses shedding employees; healthcare about to double and triple in cost in the next few years due to Obamacare; health insurance carriers getting ready to dump seniors off coverage; whole industries in the US closing up shop, the DOJ refusing to enforce immigration and voter fraud laws. Those are facts to be proud of, eh?

Are you better off now than you were 4 trillion dollars ago?

Which came first; liberalism or stupidity?
Traditional Muah

United States

#18 Sep 8, 2010
The person who wrote this article has to have thier head in the clouds or lives in some sort of fantasy Obama Land...

Wake Up!!!! He has not tried!!!! he has not done a single thing for the American People.

He needs to just complete one term and call it quits. Or better yet the real American People can simply not vote for him again.
mimi

Howe, TX

#19 Sep 8, 2010
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Point as you may you are correct the facts speaks for themselves. Get Real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
Sal

El Paso, TX

#20 Sep 8, 2010
Traditional Muah wrote:
The person who wrote this article has to have thier head in the clouds or lives in some sort of fantasy Obama Land...
Wake Up!!!! He has not tried!!!! he has not done a single thing for the American People.
He needs to just complete one term and call it quits. Or better yet the real American People can simply not vote for him again.
I agree in principle, but need to disagree in general.

He has done a lot for the American people. He has woken them up and now they realize how precious our liberty, rights, freedoms, jobs, way of life and the value of our Constitution really are and how fragil our system is when it is controled by redicals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... (Nov '16) Sep 2 Tm Cln 8,714
News MI Vietnam vet is Trumpa s 1st Medal of Honor r... Jun '17 planecaptain 1
News Why is America still freakishly obsessed with J... (Aug '16) May '17 Tex the MultTasker 8
News Scholars: 'Liberal' reputation of 9th Circuit o... (Feb '17) Feb '17 whats the scoop 10
News Welcome to the Presidential Transition from Hell (Nov '16) Nov '16 o see the light 1
News Guelph Hydro Announces New Board Members (Jul '16) Jul '16 why no Halton info 1
News Former first lady Nancy Reagan dies at 94 in Ca... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Electra41 1
More from around the web