Actress Mason drops price on AbiquiAo...

Actress Mason drops price on AbiquiAo estate

There are 22 comments on the The Santa Fe New Mexican story from Dec 30, 2008, titled Actress Mason drops price on AbiquiAo estate. In it, The Santa Fe New Mexican reports that:

Marsha Mason, the four-time Oscar-nominated actress and longtime New Mexico resident, is trying to sell her 247-acre estate and ranch in AbiquiAo for just under $8 million.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Santa Fe New Mexican.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Sep 08

Santa Fe

#1 Dec 31, 2008
Cut the price.
Then we`ll wait for you to cut the price again.
Then we`ll wait for you to cut the price again.
Then we will wait for you to cut the price again.
JDL

Powhatan Point, OH

#2 Dec 31, 2008
who cares, she is a lousy over actor anyway.
Whathe

Santa Fe, NM

#3 Dec 31, 2008
Ms. Mason is a wonderful person, who has done so much for Santa Fe, but ... The New Mexican has no business (read: "journalistic integrity") in turning a real estate advertisement into "news".
Madrid Gal

Scottsdale, AZ

#4 Dec 31, 2008
Whathe I'm with you - Marsha Mason has done a great deal for Santa Fe and for organic farming. Her products are good quality, well-priced and make lovely Christmas/birthday gifts! It's been nice to see her selling them down at the Farmers Market over the years.
The property sounds interesting - wish I had a spare $8 mill! Would have loved to have seen some pics of it however...
NMcan

Lagos, Nigeria

#6 Jan 10, 2009
I think Marsha's timing is a bit off, Abiquiu (and for that matter Santa Fe) cachet is worth a lot less when the customer base (East Coast investment bankers) is basically bankrupt. But give it a year or two and the Yankee shysters will figure out how to pocket most of this national bailout.
listen_to_meh

New Brighton, PA

#7 Jan 10, 2009
I love Ms. Mason as an actress. But, an 8 Mil estate in Northern NM, especailly in that Abiqui area, will take an eternity to sell. Abiquiu is not conveniently located, pretty much in the middle of nowhere. One lousy store: Bode's General Store. No grocery store, outlet shopping, nothing. Nothing but weeds and rocks. Let's face it: current economy does not dictate such expansive real estate transactions, nor should it.

Did I mention I love Ms. Mason a an actress?
duh it

Santa Fe, NM

#8 Jan 10, 2009
listen_to_meh wrote:
I love Ms. Mason as an actress. But, an 8 Mil estate in Northern NM, especailly in that Abiqui area, will take an eternity to sell. Abiquiu is not conveniently located, pretty much in the middle of nowhere. One lousy store: Bode's General Store. No grocery store, outlet shopping, nothing. Nothing but weeds and rocks. Let's face it: current economy does not dictate such expansive real estate transactions, nor should it.
is an agricultural property
Yeah so-

New Brighton, PA

#9 Jan 10, 2009
duh it wrote:
<quoted text>
is an agricultural property
Does that make it worth 8 mil? Come on, dude. Ain't nothin worth 8 Mil in Abiquiu, Nuevo Mexico.
Yeah so-

New Brighton, PA

#10 Jan 10, 2009
But I love Ms. Mason in all her movies. Maybe Bernie, Mr. Panzi, can make an offer?
I bet Masons Realtor

New Brighton, PA

#11 Jan 10, 2009
loves this article. Realtor,@ 6% commission, will make a comfortable $660,000 on this sale for doing next to nada! I hope Realtor gives New Mexican Newspaper a gratuity upon sale, que no?
duh it

Santa Fe, NM

#12 Jan 10, 2009
Yeah so- wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that make it worth 8 mil? Come on, dude. Ain't nothin worth 8 Mil in Abiquiu, Nuevo Mexico.
means you don't care whether there is an outlet mall nearby. Have you seen it? It is a great 250 acre property with water rights and house that is worth a couple of million on its own.
sam i am

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Jan 10, 2009
duh it wrote:
<quoted text>
means you don't care whether there is an outlet mall nearby. Have you seen it? It is a great 250 acre property with water rights and house that is worth a couple of million on its own.
Yeah, UR right, I give up. Everyone just flocking to live in picturesque Abiquiu, NM. That same home/situation in Santa Fe may be a differant story, but Abiquiu? Have u been there? Maybe a double-wide mobile home on an acre, but not 11 mil estate. If you got $$, you live in Santa Fe (some limited advice).
Doh

Cerrillos, NM

#14 Jan 10, 2009
duh it wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he probably hasn't seen it and probably doesn't get out much. If someone is willing to pay $8 million for it, then that's what it's worth. To them. I really doubt that Mason shops at outlet malls anyway and probably has staff to go into town to grocery shop, etc.
Que bueno

Cerrillos, NM

#15 Jan 10, 2009
I bet Masons Realtor wrote:
loves this article. Realtor,@ 6% commission, will make a comfortable $660,000 on this sale for doing next to nada! I hope Realtor gives New Mexican Newspaper a gratuity upon sale, que no?
Yeah well some people know how to make money. You probably don't. Que no, dude? How's tings in da trailer park, mon?
Que Bueno

Algodones, NM

#17 Jan 10, 2009
I hear ya-- wrote:
<quoted text>
pssst...I have a secret for ya. Real money is in Santa Fe, not Abiquiu. Just thought you needed to be reminded of such. Open your eyes, Que Bueno. I bet UR a Realtard. They are the only ones who spew nonsense like this.
There's more money in parts of Northern NM than you could ever hope to have. Stay in da trailer park where you belong. Keep readin' the bumper stickers on your "Lexus", dude.

Since: Oct 08

Questa, NM

#18 Jan 11, 2009
listen_to_meh wrote:
Then stay your self in the city...we don't want ya messing up our area.....
OK Mon

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Jan 11, 2009
I hear ya-- wrote:
I think I figured out how to make the 8 Mil property of value, being that it is an agricultural property, right? Grow a cash crop like marijuana. Now that will work! Short of that, an 8 mil property in Double-wide, NM (oops, I mean Abquiu), will take many, many years to sell. Seller may as well donate to some charitable organization, cuz no way in H__ L is an 8 Mil proprty gonna sell in today's down real estate market, unless it's in Santa Fe. And even if it were in Santa Fe, that is still not a guarantee.
Now, I'm sure all the Realtards out there will disagree, saying things like you are. Time will tell, bro. BTW, Realtard already dropped the price from 11 Mil to 8 Mil. Hmmm.
Bro, dude. Ese man, whatever you say, man. Where you learn those words you use, bro, dude. I think I used to hear those in high school. You cruise around with old car wit big chiney rims, que no?
NMcan

Lagos, Nigeria

#21 Jan 11, 2009
Well, anyway, Marsha will soon learn the first law of retail, a product's worth is related only to the demand not to your costs (1million purchase plus 10 million invested) into the product.

Fair market value is probably $2-3 million tops assuming the house is worth a million bucks, but with the market, financing, and customer based issues, it will just boil down to how bad she needs the money ($1-2 million??)
I hear ya--

New Brighton, PA

#22 Jan 11, 2009
NMcan wrote:
Well, anyway, Marsha will soon learn the first law of retail, a product's worth is related only to the demand not to your costs (1million purchase plus 10 million invested) into the product.
Fair market value is probably $2-3 million tops assuming the house is worth a million bucks, but with the market, financing, and customer based issues, it will just boil down to how bad she needs the money ($1-2 million??)
Finally an intelligent Post. Thank you!
Yes thank you

Rio Rancho, NM

#23 Jan 11, 2009
I hear ya-- wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally an intelligent Post. Thank you!
Yes, thank you!! There was certainly no intelligence whatsoever coming from the Bro Dude in the trailer park.

As stated in a previous post, real estate like anything else, is only worth "what", someone is willing to pay for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cinderella Liberty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Burt Young has fond memories playing Paulie in ... (Sep '06) Apr '09 matt 8
News Marsha Mason's Organic Farm and Estate in Abiqu... (Mar '09) Mar '09 Joan Mier 3
More from around the web