Kevin Smith oversized? ejected from f...

Kevin Smith oversized? ejected from flight

There are 8 comments on the El Paso Times story from Feb 15, 2010, titled Kevin Smith oversized? ejected from flight. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Kevin Smith says he's "way fat," but that shouldn't stop him from flying. The director and actor says a pilot ejected him from a Southwest Airlines flight from Oakland to Burbank, Calif., saying he didn't fit properly in a single seat.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

So What

El Paso, TX

#1 Feb 16, 2010
Tell them to blow you, Kevin.
yuri

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Feb 16, 2010
Flying is overrated anyway.(unless you are traveling overseas.) I wish more money was put into Amtrak after the 9-11 attacks, instead of less. I would rather take a train than a plane anytime.

Kevin should use this experience in his next movie. Maybe do a scene where Silent Bob is getting ejected from the plane, and Jay bribes the attendants and the pilot and co pilot with "Doobie Snacks." The plane is in the air, but the crew is higher than the plane. Then it's up to Jay and Silent bob to land the plane, and when they do, the crew gets arrested and fired, while Jay and Silent Bob are hailed as heros.(even shaking hands with the guy who landed the plane in the Hudson River.)

Anyway, F Southwest Airlines! I hope they go bankrupt like Frontier!
Get over it

Chicago, IL

#3 Feb 16, 2010
It's not Southwest's fault that you fat. Do yourself a favor and lose weight.
I Got An Opinion

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Feb 16, 2010
I can relate to Kevin.

First it was smokers, now they are after fatties.

I am a fatty. I am harassed too. I used to eat 500 calories a day years ago to try to stay slim- always dizzy. Used to bike to keep weight down-- until I ripped my knee parts.

Some of us are just destined to be bigger. So what!

I get bariatric surgery study letters from the U of Minnesota because I have slightly elevated blood sugar, they feel it is due to having about 30 pounds to lose. Never mind the people who send the letters out also are fat. Fatties bullying fatties. This blind procedure done laparscopically is considered no big deal....now fatties are surgical lab rats.

I say Tweet away Kevin. You are the new spokesperson for the rest of us.

Somehow your weight hasn't affected your ability to make great movies...where we all eat popcorn and candy.

Hang in there Kevin.

And to those of you who reply to this...if you have 20 pounds or more to lose...you are not allowed to reply with nasty comments. You are a fatty too! It is just a matter of time until you are insulted for needing to lose weight.
Jive talking

United States

#5 Feb 17, 2010
Unless you have to sit by one of these sweaty fatties you don't know.

I'll never forget getting stuck between the window and an obese smelly sweaty fat man.
Longest 2 hour flight of my life. I couldn't move!
Just because you can get the arm rest down doesn't mean you can fit. With all your junk hanging over.
You can't have any respect for yourself, so telling you to have respect for others is out of the question.

Buy two seats and save yourself and other the embarrassment.
Tony

Mount Laurel, NJ

#6 Feb 17, 2010
Some chick told me I was oversized.
Caffeinated

Des Plaines, IL

#7 Feb 17, 2010
It is wrong to humiliate a passenger publicly. If this is their policy, they need to ask questions...BEFORE a ticket is purchased...not after.
Gay Lloyd

El Paso, TX

#8 Feb 17, 2010
Tony wrote:
Some chick told me I was oversized.
It was not a chick

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chasing Amy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Raja Sen: Why Ben Affleck will make a GOOD Batman (Aug '13) Aug '13 Rb RECORDS 1
News TNT's 'Memphis Beat' gets makeover (Jun '11) Jun '11 dennis hauser 4
News Hollywood director Kevin Smith fuels row over a... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Pegasus 1
News My Name Is Earl: Season Four (Nov '09) Jun '10 Chris 2
News The actor inside Casey Affleck (Jun '10) Jun '10 cpeter1313 1
News Hollywood director Kevin Smith fuels row over a... (Apr '10) Apr '10 123zoom 2
News 'Silent Bob' not silent about being ejected fro... (Feb '10) Apr '10 Rp van den bosch 128
More from around the web