Tom Hanks shows he still knows how to...

Tom Hanks shows he still knows how to make a splash

There are 16 comments on the Newsday story from May 7, 2009, titled Tom Hanks shows he still knows how to make a splash. In it, Newsday reports that:

Tom Hanks must have done something heinous in his life, right? Something awful? Nasty? Unspeakable? Unprintable? Something he wouldn't tell his mother? No? Cheated on his taxes? Stole a parking space? Didn't recycle? Forgot to wear a flag pin? Perhaps not.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Lovely year for a Guinness”

Since: Dec 07

Daytona Beach

#2 May 8, 2009
he's another phony who can't keep his political POV to himself
This Movie Sucked

New Rochelle, NY

#5 May 8, 2009
I loved him in "Philadelphia" ... AIDS ridden and dying. When is life going to imitate art? One can only hope.
OpieCunningham is Racist

New Rochelle, NY

#6 May 8, 2009
Why don't the people in Hollyweird make a movie belittling the Jewish or Muslim religions, like they love to do against the Catholic Church?
george

United States

#7 May 8, 2009
How did little Opie" from the Mayberry RFD series grown into a such a bald headed, anti-G-d, religion hating monster in just one lifetime. It seems Hollywood, with its drugs and decadance can rot the minds of the best of us. Unbelievable!
george

United States

#9 May 8, 2009
OpieCunningham is Racist wrote:
Why don't the people in Hollyweird make a movie belittling the Jewish or Muslim religions, like they love to do against the Catholic Church?
Because they are cowards and their victims are easier targets. The muslims would hunt them down and cut their stupid gay loving, drug saturated heads off. PS: I don't blame them. Who really needs the Godless to live amongst us. Turning the other cheek will one day get us all killed.
Nassau Nell

Albany, NY

#10 May 8, 2009
I would love to see Hanks play a villian: like Henry Fonda did in Once Upon a Time in The West. That would make me pay attention.

Playing another good guy or saintly person bores me.
LAW AND ORDER

Bohemia, NY

#11 May 8, 2009
Well now that we have heard from the Idiots, Morons, Racists, Neo-Nazis, and KKK oh have I left any one out OVERALL SHIRTHEADS?
I like Tom Hanks. He is a great actor. Ron Howard one the best directors of the day.
For the people who have commented as special the Genius buy drinks.
GET EDUCATED STUPID!!!!!!!!!!
LAW AND ORDER

Bohemia, NY

#13 May 8, 2009
Hey Poopshoot if you had a brain you would be dangerous.
Jim from Middle GA

Warner Robins, GA

#15 May 9, 2009
Nassau Nell wrote:
I would love to see Hanks play a villian: like Henry Fonda did in Once Upon a Time in The West. That would make me pay attention.
Playing another good guy or saintly person bores me.
that would be a great career move. some guys have the guts to do that, others play it safe.
Jim from Middle GA

Warner Robins, GA

#16 May 9, 2009
LAW AND ORDER wrote:
Well now that we have heard from the Idiots, Morons, Racists, Neo-Nazis, and KKK oh have I left any one out OVERALL SHIRTHEADS?
I like Tom Hanks. He is a great actor. Ron Howard one the best directors of the day.
The idiots don't want to be responsible for original thought. Its easier and less effort to drink the kool aid and bleat the same nonsense. Try thinking sometime, the first it might make your head hurt, but it will get easier with time.
John

Brooklyn, NY

#17 May 10, 2009
Yeah, he DID do something heinous. His wife of 20 years was his "ho" that he broke up his first marriage with. I have no respect for either of them.

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Jan 09

Scenic Manitowoc County WI

#18 May 10, 2009
Hard to believe that Tom Hanks could generate these hugely emotinal reactions - one way or another.

Why would anyone take the time to spew hatred or personal praise about a celebrity - and a total stranger whom you have zero directd knowledge about?

There is a world for someone who does this. That word is LOSER.
thingy

Terre Haute, IN

#19 May 10, 2009
Kinder and Gentler Phil wrote:
Hard to believe that Tom Hanks could generate these hugely emotinal reactions - one way or another.
Why would anyone take the time to spew hatred or personal praise about a celebrity - and a total stranger whom you have zero directd knowledge about?
You are too logical.
Hanks is a good actor.
That's all I know.
About Hanks.:)

Daytona Beach

#20 May 11, 2009
Kinder and Gentler Phil wrote:
so, why should he be praised ?

Daytona Beach

#21 May 11, 2009
LAW AND ORDER wrote:
I think you've watched 'Apollo 13' enough; time to change the DVD

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Jan 09

Scenic Manitowoc County WI

#22 May 11, 2009
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
so, why should he be praised ?
Just how far up yourass is your head?
You are a prime example of the type of loser I referenced.

Did you actually take the time to log onto your computer - 3 DAYS LATER, read posts, and try to start an argument about your (or anyone's) completely baseless and irrelevant opinions on a celebrity??????

You are a loser. Get a life. Worry aabout yourself and your family. Get a dog. Find something that has personal meaning and run with it. Stop being part of the problem in our shallow celebrity based culture you tool.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catch Me If You Can Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News More to John Williams than big movies (Mar '14) Mar '14 M Robert 5
News Catch Me If You Can (Dec '12) Dec '12 Is it i__It is I 1
News Leslie Sisman: Popcorn Preview: A Late Quartet (Nov '12) Nov '12 Saudade 1
News Christopher Walken (Oct '12) Oct '12 Saudade 3
News Former Gaucho Unveils New Film (Nov '11) Nov '11 Hannellene 1
How to Record Yahoo Messenger Video Call and pl... (Feb '11) Feb '11 xiaohaozi 1
News 'Barefoot' bandit eludes cops, captures cult fo... (Feb '10) Feb '10 slacquin 1
More from around the web