Sacha Baron Cohen's 'Bruno': Equal op...

Sacha Baron Cohen's 'Bruno': Equal opportunity offender

There are 21 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 3, 2009, titled Sacha Baron Cohen's 'Bruno': Equal opportunity offender. In it, Newsday reports that:

Among the narrowly focused special-interest groups poised to get lathered up over "BrAA A1 4no" - comic-critic Sacha Baron Cohen's new exercise in carefully calibrated bad taste - are Jews.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
OldGabs

New Milford, NJ

#1 Jul 5, 2009
Cannot wait to see this movie!!!!!!!!!!
lostsoul

Silver Springs, FL

#2 Jul 5, 2009
You got to be kidding me. I got talked into seeing thismovie. I found it to be uncomfortably unfunny. The lack of talent that gets past off as comedy in movies frustrates the hell out of me.
Sasha is just another of a list of unfunny peaople making millions to be unfunny idiots.Will Farrell,Ben Stiller, the Jackass idiots,almost anyone who graduated from the SNL cast and many more.
It kills me because I'm just as unfunny as any of these guys.
columbo

Valley Stream, NY

#3 Jul 5, 2009
lostsoul wrote:
You got to be kidding me. I got talked into seeing thismovie. I found it to be uncomfortably unfunny. The lack of talent that gets past off as comedy in movies frustrates the hell out of me.
Sasha is just another of a list of unfunny peaople making millions to be unfunny idiots.Will Farrell,Ben Stiller, the **** idiots,almost anyone who graduated from the SNL cast and many more.
It kills me because I'm just as unfunny as any of these guys.
Sounds so easy to make millions,I guess you'll be the next one to do so.
Love Him

Bronx, NY

#4 Jul 5, 2009
This guy is funny as sh-t!!!!
hrm

West Sayville, NY

#5 Jul 5, 2009
I haven't seen Bruno yet but I will. Just a comment on Sasha Baren Cohen in general though is that the reason his comedy is so effective is because he is very intelligent. He takes a scathing look at whats wrong with society and then expose it through his humor.

One example of his Bruno character doing this is in the past on the Ali G show was having Bruno go to the owner of a night club for an interview. He gets the owner to openly admit on camera that they discourage and remove handicap people from trying to come into his club. The humor comes in the exposing of the shallow nature of modern society. Hopefully that trend continues in this movie.
mike

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Jul 5, 2009
lostsoul wrote:
You got to be kidding me. I got talked into seeing thismovie. I found it to be uncomfortably unfunny. The lack of talent that gets past off as comedy in movies frustrates the hell out of me.
Sasha is just another of a list of unfunny peaople making millions to be unfunny idiots.Will Farrell,Ben Stiller, the **** idiots,almost anyone who graduated from the SNL cast and many more.
It kills me because I'm just as unfunny as any of these guys.
it's ok... you just don't have a sense of humor
NOGOTObRunO

Elizabeth, NJ

#7 Jul 5, 2009
uMM.. gA-Y PEOPLE WILL SEE THIS GA-Y FILM. ODE TO THE WRITER, most, prolly 98.99999% will be going to see Borat, not some "Genius gay pusher of propaganda". Trust me, I will be boycottin this movie just bc GLAAD thinks it is for them.. Ga'ys are ok.. Sure, but not for the Sacrament of Marriage. YOu want us to respect you and yet you cannot respect OUR Sacrament? Given to Man & Women. WHats next. Gay marriage then threesomes getting married? A man and a horse? A woman and an Ox? Seriously., get a union. YOu are all definately taking advantage with this liberal hoax of a president in office. I guarentee you in 3 years a republican will be in and all will be back again...

BOYCOTT Borats Bruno... Glaad will never win! Boycott GLAAD> Let us stand up for traditional marriage. Do not offend the gays, do not bigate. Stand up for what is ours! Gays are disrespectful hypocrites. TEHY MUST respect US! It is a Religious Sacrament priveliged to US!
GAYSrHypocrites

Elizabeth, NJ

#8 Jul 5, 2009
Why are GAYS hypocrites? THey tell us to respect them and yet they do not respect our Sacrament? O, And PEREZ Hilton.(The pink flamy haired gay one>>>)( The GLAAD Ga-y community came out and supported him when he called Carrie Prejean a ********** yet when Prezzz himself calls Black eyed Peas guy a F-A-G-G-O-T (Faggot). They say nothing? Not CNN, NOt NBC Nor CNBC or ABC? Yet all of them covered her Answer on the Pageant?
HYPOCRITICAL GAYS AND LEZZZIESS>> Respcet our RIGHTS>> DOnt matter anyway, just makes it worse for oyu,, we are the MAJJJOORRRIIITYTYYY ALways wil be. GO TO EUROPE> ANYWHERE,(Not Russia) they love you.... ;)
Edit-Newsdayus

Elizabeth, NJ

#9 Jul 5, 2009
He called her (sic) a *****.
Edit: Newsday commentator
7-5-09 2.1.A9 Message error posted in real time>
HAHAHA

Medford, NY

#10 Jul 5, 2009
NOGOTObRunO wrote:
uMM.. gA-Y PEOPLE WILL SEE THIS GA-Y FILM. ODE TO THE WRITER, most, prolly 98.99999% will be going to see Borat, not some "Genius gay pusher of propaganda". Trust me, I will be boycottin this movie just bc GLAAD thinks it is for them.. Ga'ys are ok.. Sure, but not for the Sacrament of Marriage. YOu want us to respect you and yet you cannot respect OUR Sacrament? Given to Man & Women. WHats next. Gay marriage then threesomes getting married? A man and a horse? A woman and an Ox? Seriously., get a union. YOu are all definately taking advantage with this liberal hoax of a president in office. I guarentee you in 3 years a republican will be in and all will be back again...
BOYCOTT Borats Bruno... Glaad will never win! Boycott GLAAD> Let us stand up for traditional marriage. Do not offend the gays, do not bigate. Stand up for what is ours! Gays are disrespectful hypocrites. TEHY MUST respect US! It is a Religious Sacrament priveliged to US!
How old are you? You are an effing MORON! Keep watching Fox News you ignorant prick! This movie is intended to MAKE A JOKE..OUT OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU!! You're a dying breed loser!

If it's such a "religious sacrament" that you and your kind "own" than why are atheists able to get married? Gays want CIVIL marriage..not your fairytale fake made-up religion version of "Marriage" that is so *sacred* that the divorce rate is 52%+! Keep your B.S. religion to yourself and stop trying to use it to dictate everyone elses lives and "above" them! Your religion gives you government provided protection that others shouldn't have, a free pass to be a d!ckheaded pig in life? If you don't agree with gay marriage then don't marry someone of the same sex! Mind your own business and learning how to spell and form a proper sentence wouldn't hurt either!
Sasha Cohen Is Boring

Shoreham, NY

#11 Jul 6, 2009
"Borat" sucked-- it was filled with cliches and stereotypes. Sasha Baren Cohen's targets are easy pickings. He's the Morton Downey Jr. of "comedy."
just saying

Bronx, NY

#12 Jul 6, 2009
Looking at that picture of him in the paper made it difficult to keep my breakfast down.
king julian xiii

New York, NY

#13 Jul 6, 2009
the best performance ever when sacha baron cohen played me, king julian xiii, in madagascar.

i like to move it, move it.

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

#14 Jul 6, 2009
NOGOTObRunO--"Trust me, I will be boycottin this movie just bc GLAAD thinks it is for them.."

So, if a group that stands for equality likes something, you hate it.

"Ga'ys are ok.. Sure, but not for the Sacrament of Marriage."

You insult this sacrement by using it as a weapon of hate. Gay couples are just as loving, just as committed, and just as married as any other.

"YOu want us to respect you and yet you cannot respect OUR Sacrament?"

How is it "disrespecting" it to get married?

"Given to Man & Women."

Wrong. Given to two people in love. Telling millions they can never marry is wrong.

"WHats next. Gay marriage then threesomes getting married? A man and a horse? A woman and an Ox?"

Don't claim NOT to be a bigot. When you compare gay people to animals, you're a bigot. Your hate is gross and immoral.

"Seriously., get a union."

It's called a marriage.

"YOu are all definately taking advantage with this liberal hoax of a president in office."

He's not a hoax, or a liberal.

"I guarentee you in 3 years a republican will be in and all will be back again..."

All will be back to bigotry and selfishness.

"BOYCOTT Borats Bruno... Glaad will never win! "

I have no interest in the movie, but GLAAD stands for equality and decency, not your bigotry and hate.

"Boycott GLAAD> Let us stand up for traditional marriage."

Lie. Your discrimination doesn't benefit ANY marriage at all. YOu're just standing up for Jim Crow, for laws of discrimination and hate.

"Do not offend the gays, do not bigate. Stand up for what is ours!"

Whites only! Segregation today, segregation forever! Stand up for what is ours! Your words have a scary echo to them.

"Gays are disrespectful hypocrites."

Lie. All they're asking is simple equality.

"TEHY MUST respect US!"

And you must respect them. They are. You aren't.

"It is a Religious Sacrament priveliged to US!"

There is NOTHING religious about your bigotry and hate.
You gotta be kiddin

Decatur, GA

#15 Jul 6, 2009
Who...the hell...cares. However, I do have to love online arguments people love to have. Hypocrisy oozing from every pore in their flimsy little points of view. As a conservative, I have accepted that my country is hell-bent on destroying itself. But at the same time I marvel at the way that freedom of speech and expression is routinely defamed by the left as "bigoted" and "hatefilled." No one here (on either side) said anything overtly hateful. Disrespectful yes, but hateful no. However, calling someone a racist or bigot, etc. in the modern day is exactly like calling someone a communist in the 1950s. It can be baseless and ignorant, but nonetheless enables the defamer to decline to address the so-called bigoted one's point of view, opinion, and subsequent argument and concerns. So, spiral on downwards my once great nation! I enjoyed fighting for you all in Iraq and Afghanistan. You make me proud with your hypocracy, self-loathing, and desire to tear down my country with me still in it.

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

#16 Jul 6, 2009
You gotta be kiddin--"As a conservative, I have accepted that my country is hell-bent on destroying itself."

"Destroying itself"? With what? Freedom? Equality? Opportunity? What on earth are we "Destroying" except what conservatism is destroying with greed above all else?

"But at the same time I marvel at the way that freedom of speech and expression is routinely defamed by the left as "bigoted" and "hatefilled."

Lie. Freedom of speech isn't defamed. Bigotry is called bigotry, hate is called hate. You have a problem with this? Or do only bigots have free speech?

"No one here (on either side) said anything overtly hateful. Disrespectful yes, but hateful no."

Wrong. There is immensely hateful bigotry seen from the homophobes in conversation here every day.

"However, calling someone a racist or bigot, etc. in the modern day is exactly like calling someone a communist in the 1950s."

Lie. It is exactly like calling someone a racist or a bigot at any other time. Or do you want to pretend bigotry doesn't exist??

"It can be baseless and ignorant, but nonetheless enables the defamer to decline to address the so-called bigoted one's point of view, opinion, and subsequent argument and concerns."

So, you really DON'T think bigotry exists, it's just a stunt people play to decline the views of others.

What color is the sky in your world?

"So, spiral on downwards my once great nation!"

You're truly nausiating. Our nation is not ONCE great, it is still great. It is not spiraling downwards in recognizing equality that should have ALWAYS existed, as was promised.

"I enjoyed fighting for you all in Iraq and Afghanistan."

None of us benefit from that. We'd be just as free and a greater nation had we never set foot in either. I appreciate those willing to serve, but the leaders who put us into this idiotic and illegal war have caused harm to this nation that will be incredibly difficult to undo, and killed thousands who will never be back, for no good reason at all.

"You make me proud with your hypocracy, self-loathing, and desire to tear down my country with me still in it."

Nobody is tearing down the nation, we're fighting for what it's SUPPOSED to have been about all along.
columbo

Valley Stream, NY

#17 Jul 7, 2009
OkieDarren wrote:
You gotta be kiddin--"As a conservative, I have accepted that my country is hell-bent on destroying itself."
"Destroying itself"? With what? Freedom? Equality? Opportunity? What on earth are we "Destroying" except what conservatism is destroying with greed above all else?
"But at the same time I marvel at the way that freedom of speech and expression is routinely defamed by the left as "bigoted" and "hatefilled."
Lie. Freedom of speech isn't defamed. Bigotry is called bigotry, hate is called hate. You have a problem with this? Or do only bigots have free speech?
"No one here (on either side) said anything overtly hateful. Disrespectful yes, but hateful no."
Wrong. There is immensely hateful bigotry seen from the homophobes in conversation here every day.
"However, calling someone a racist or bigot, etc. in the modern day is exactly like calling someone a communist in the 1950s."
Lie. It is exactly like calling someone a racist or a bigot at any other time. Or do you want to pretend bigotry doesn't exist??
"It can be baseless and ignorant, but nonetheless enables the defamer to decline to address the so-called bigoted one's point of view, opinion, and subsequent argument and concerns."
So, you really DON'T think bigotry exists, it's just a stunt people play to decline the views of others.
What color is the sky in your world?
"So, spiral on downwards my once great nation!"
You're truly nausiating. Our nation is not ONCE great, it is still great. It is not spiraling downwards in recognizing equality that should have ALWAYS existed, as was promised.
"I enjoyed fighting for you all in Iraq and Afghanistan."
None of us benefit from that. We'd be just as free and a greater nation had we never set foot in either. I appreciate those willing to serve, but the leaders who put us into this idiotic and illegal war have caused harm to this nation that will be incredibly difficult to undo, and killed thousands who will never be back, for no good reason at all.
"You make me proud with your hypocracy, self-loathing, and desire to tear down my country with me still in it."
Nobody is tearing down the nation, we're fighting for what it's SUPPOSED to have been about all along.
Put a sock in it.
You gotta be kiddin

Decatur, GA

#18 Jul 7, 2009
You're absolutely right OkieDarren. What could I possibly have been thinking? You're right about absolutely everything and I'm wrong about absolutely everything. My opinions and arguments are inherently wrong because you say so. You're one sharp cookie, I tell ya.

“ TRUTH : NOT EXPEDIENCE”

Since: Nov 07

town near Jax, Fl

#19 Jul 7, 2009
You gotta be kiddin wrote:
You're absolutely right OkieDarren. What could I possibly have been thinking? You're right about absolutely everything and I'm wrong about absolutely everything. My opinions and arguments are inherently wrong because you say so. You're one sharp cookie, I tell ya.
Recognizing one's short comings is the first step in changing them.

“ TRUTH : NOT EXPEDIENCE”

Since: Nov 07

town near Jax, Fl

#20 Jul 7, 2009
OkieDarren wrote:
You gotta be kiddin--"As a conservative, I have accepted that my country is hell-bent on destroying itself."

Agree 100%. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bruno Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Book About Marriage Equality That Has So Ma... (Jun '14) Jun '14 St Rick Saintpornum 7
News Sacha Baron Cohen To Play Freddie Mercury (Sep '10) Feb '13 John 8
News 'The Dictator' (Aug '12) Aug '12 Busty Heart 1
News Shouldn't a Ban on Sex-Selective Abortions in A... (Jun '12) Jun '12 SilverSwanBabies 3
News He Said, She Said movie review: 'Bruno' is a ja... (Jul '09) Apr '12 Dictator 2
Bruno Official Fancy Dress? (Dec '11) Dec '11 Giant Party 1
News Sacha Baron Cohen - Happy 40TH Birthday, Sacha ... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Mariana 1
More from around the web