Brokeback Mountain Star Heath Ledger ...

Brokeback Mountain Star Heath Ledger Is Found Dead

There are 584 comments on the gay_blog.blogspot.com story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Brokeback Mountain Star Heath Ledger Is Found Dead. In it, gay_blog.blogspot.com reports that:

Brokeback Mountain Star Heath Ledger was found dead this afternoon in an apartment in Manhattan owned by the actress Mary-Kate Olsen, according to the New York City police.

More news & updates.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at gay_blog.blogspot.com.

First Prev
of 30
Next Last
Mark

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Jan 22, 2008
Nice. Very human of you.
G Long wrote:
Brokeback Mountain was poorly acted, poorly filmed, and had a poor story line. It was only famous and pushed forward because of sexual deviance.
It's sad that this young man wasted his life on filth and degredation.
Gay Seminarian

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Jan 22, 2008
Heath will be sorely missed. His role in Brokeback Mountain showed us in a "real" context: loving men who kept their love secret because of bigotry and violence practiced toward good people, encouraged by those did not and still will not open their minds and hearts to reality. The movie was another step toward opening those minds and hearts. Thank you, Heath. You are loved. You blessed us with your presence. Go with God.

Since: Apr 07

Morrison, IL

#6 Jan 22, 2008
G Long wrote:
Brokeback Mountain was poorly acted, poorly filmed, and had a poor story line. It was only famous and pushed forward because of sexual deviance.
Cinematically the movie was very well-made. The direction, production, writing, sets, wardrobe, editing, all were critically aclaimed and award-winning or worthy. The actors pulled off the intricacies and complexities of their conflicted characters flawlessly. It was famous and pushed because of it's controversy, yes. But plenty of gay-themed movies have been ignored in the past and this one shone for a reason.

Hate Heath Ledger if you will. Hate BBM if you have to. But don't say the movie was poorly made; you lose all credibility at the get go.

“Editor of Gay News Blog”

Since: Feb 06

CA & CT

#7 Jan 22, 2008
G Long wrote:
I'll bet you go to a Christian church every Sunday - right? Too bad ya don't know how to spell 'degredation'- but then again if ya had some book learnin' ya would be such a cruel bigot, would ya?
Bob

Greensboro, NC

#8 Jan 22, 2008
G Long wrote:
Whatever you low life creep

“Editor of Gay News Blog”

Since: Feb 06

CA & CT

#9 Jan 22, 2008
Sargon the Great wrote:
How much clearer can the Good Book be," The man who lays with the man as with the woman will surely die." He propagandized for the sodomites for have giving us South Beach and Aids.
I hope this lesson sinks in to those young boys who are being seduced by old queens on the web as I type." Just say no,"or " Join the New York Jacks. Check them out on web, for gays they are pretty cool.
Why a bigot who claims to be Christian would select as their screen name the name of a pagan king is much more interesting than the un-Christian cruelty they post here -

“Courage, love and truth”

Since: Feb 07

Atlanta, Georgia

#13 Jan 22, 2008
CDMelton wrote:
<quoted text>
Cinematically the movie was very well-made. The direction, production, writing, sets, wardrobe, editing, all were critically aclaimed and award-winning or worthy. The actors pulled off the intricacies and complexities of their conflicted characters flawlessly. It was famous and pushed because of it's controversy, yes. But plenty of gay-themed movies have been ignored in the past and this one shone for a reason.
Hate Heath Ledger if you will. Hate BBM if you have to. But don't say the movie was poorly made; you lose all credibility at the get go.
Exactly. The movie BBM was excellent, and he played a very nice role in Patriot as well. Why am I not amazed that the hate trolls came out to bash he death of a good actor, because he played a gay role?
The show must go on and I suppose the irrational homophobia goes on as well.
GFC

Lake Hamilton, FL

#10 Jan 22, 2008
FHFC
Hawk

Lexington, KY

#17 Jan 22, 2008
G Long wrote:
I feel the bible's character development was very weak. Not to mention the plot was a little far fetched. Good piece of fiction worth a read once though.

Since: Jan 08

West Hollywood, CA

#12 Jan 22, 2008
This is such sad news, you could see his choice of roles and acting abilities beginning to grow recently. Truly Sad news

[URL=" http://www.webcastr.com/index.php... ;]VIDEO ON HEATH LEDGER'S DEATH[/URL]

Since: Jan 08

West Hollywood, CA

#14 Jan 22, 2008
Woops let me try that again.

[URL=" http://www.webcastr.com/index.php... ;]VIDEO ON HEATH LEDGER'S DEATH[/URL]
flo germany

Berlin, Germany

#16 Jan 22, 2008
what a shame. i´m so sorry for hist daughter and his family.
he always seemed to be a happy person without any problems at all.
that is what he showed us.
r.i.p.
Confused in Missouri

Saint Louis, MO

#18 Jan 22, 2008
Wow, this guy died today and all you can think about is your biased view on one film he was in. That's really great.
G Long wrote:
hoodathunkit

Findlay, OH

#19 Jan 22, 2008
Sargon the Great wrote:
How much clearer can the Good Book be," The man who lays with the man as with the woman will surely die." He propagandized for the sodomites for have giving us South Beach and Aids.
I hope this lesson sinks in to those young boys who are being seduced by old queens on the web as I type." Just say no,"or " Join the New York Jacks. Check them out on web, for gays they are pretty cool.
What a post. You start out quoting the "good book", then spew idiotic hateful crap, add some more idiotic hateful crap, and finish with a plug for a club. And, not just any ole club, but a gay masturbation club. Interesting, a Bible thumping gay-hating bigot with an affinity for looking up and promoting gay sex clubs. Kind of hypocritical???????

“JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY TO GOD!!”

Since: Nov 07

Repent and trust Jesus!

#20 Jan 22, 2008
It's sad.

I hope he did the right thing, repented of his sins, and made his peace with God before his death.

Now he has no opportunity to do what is right.

“Tired of being tolerant”

Since: Dec 07

Cedar Falls, Ia.

#21 Jan 22, 2008
When G Long & Sargon the Great meet St. Peter at the gates to heaven I doubt that Peter will be very impressed by their lack of compassion.

R.I.P. Heath.

“Courage, love and truth”

Since: Feb 07

Atlanta, Georgia

#22 Jan 22, 2008
Hesed wrote:
It's sad.
I hope he did the right thing, repented of his sins, and made his peace with God before his death.
Now he has no opportunity to do what is right.
What? That is about the most ignorant immoral statement ...I have heard in a long time.
Saul

Kissimmee, FL

#23 Jan 22, 2008
Cal wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously know nothing about the movie business. It was an extremely poor movie that was supported by homosexuals in Hollywood.
Morally, it was also dispictable. Adultery and abandoning children were central themes.
It was the worst sort of trash from every point of view!
Uh...no, did you even watch it???
It depicted a story of two men that loved each other more than they loved their wives. The wives they married to fit into a society that would rather them be unhappy just so long as they are straight. To me it told a story of when you repress who you are and make decisions to make others happy, in the end you hurt way more than yourself when you decide to say screw the world.

This young man died, and all you "christians" can think to do is blame it on a movie and justify it by saying he deserved it? It's like you were waiting for him to die just so you could spread your message about "See, see? Homosexuality will ya" It wasn't his role in a movie that killed him, it was his appetite for drugs that did. May he rest in peace, he was a talented young man gone too soon.
Cate

United States

#25 Jan 22, 2008
G Long wrote:
Ass. A man died, leaving behind his 2 year old daughter and your going to focas on a movie from 2 years ago, almost 3? Classy. He was obviously depressed and no one helped him. Wasted his life on filth? I've never seen the movie, but let the dead rest. Wow, this is a tragic event and you are treating him with no respect. Open your mind, it won't hurt if you use the brain God gave you.
Asshole

“Read my name”

Since: Jul 07

Raleigh, North Carolina

#26 Jan 22, 2008
Sargon the Great wrote:
The Good Book ? Yeah, Riiiighhhht,.. haha,

Christianity:
The belief that some cosmic Jewish Zombie can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree. Makes perfect sense,..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 30
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brokeback Mountain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ledger to play Joker (Aug '06) Sep '14 the_real_joker_is... 29
News Did the “Brokeback Mountain” movie curse strike... (Jan '08) Mar '14 Jeffersonglade 7
News Who Should Play Kurt Cobain? (May '10) Dec '13 Dawn 22
News A Look Back at 10 of the Most Iconic 'Gay' Films (Oct '13) Oct '13 JohnInToronto 32
News Gay 'Sopranos' Mobster Glad for Exposure (Apr '06) Nov '12 dognes 96
News Anne Hathaway 'Looked Like Gay Brother' in 'Les... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Curteese 4
News Life Of Pi (Nov '12) Nov '12 Baba g 1
More from around the web