Happy Birthday, William Holden, Film ...

Happy Birthday, William Holden, Film Star and Hollywood a oeGol...

There are 2 comments on the findingDulcinea story from Apr 16, 2009, titled Happy Birthday, William Holden, Film Star and Hollywood a oeGol.... In it, findingDulcinea reports that:

Long before Tom Hanks ruled romantic comedies, or Brad Pitt dazzled audiences with his baby face, William Holden was the "Golden Boy" of Hollywood.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at findingDulcinea.

mary

Lakeland, FL

#1 Apr 21, 2009
I really enjoyed mr holden in all of his movies. He was a nimber one class act. God bless him on his birthday
Colette_9

Petaluma, CA

#2 Mar 8, 2011
William Holden was an effortless actor and made all his performances so believable and wonderful to watch. He oozed charm, handsomeness and style. In my opinion, he is head and shoulders above any actor today.
I've read that he was insecure with his acting abilities and he didn't think much of his profession. Well, I for one would have told him otherwise. I think that he was a magnificent actor and should have won or been nominated for more Oscars than he got.
I salute him and his great body of work. I just wish he had overcome his addictions and been alive today to receive the recognition from his peers for his great body of work. He so richly deserved it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Born Yesterday Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Locarno to Pay Tribute to 'My Fair Lady' Direct... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Eric Saucier 1
News Don Johnson's Birthday (Jan '08) Jan '08 Tracey 3
News Don Johnson's First Night in Guys and Dolls (Jan '07) May '07 kristia valentinova 11
More from around the web