what do you take away from blue valen...

what do you take away from blue valentine?

Posted in the Blue Valentine Forum

glites

Hayward, CA

#1 May 17, 2011
the cynical side of me says marriage sucks... the logical side of me says marriage, already difficult, is WAY too difficult for 2 people to get married knowing each other for such a short period of time...

that aside, most women would kill for a husband to love them the way dean loved cindy... which brings to mind three questions - can a man love a women too much to the point that its smothering (or was it the excessive drinking or dean's lack of ambition that doomed the marriage? or did cindy just get married for the wrong reason - which is my belief),

and 2, are the chances of a happy marriage greater if the women loves the man more than the reverse or is the opposite true?- bc most ladies will say the latter so ladies be careful what you wish for...

and finally, can 2 people on 2 totally different education levels have a successful marriage - i say absolutely not

so who is to blame for the marriage not working... aside from dean's drinking i hold him blameless simply bc he knew who he was and he stayed the same person throughout and loved her unconditionally (although i always felt he was slightly neurotic but the point being is thats who he was when cindy met him and she married him anyway)... cindy, on the other hand, fell out of love with him for a variety of reasons and it all points back to her marrying him for the wrong reason...

dont get married unless your mate is your soulmate and there is no such thing as everlasting love at first sight... good-nite

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Valentine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'The Light Between Oceans': The story isn't wor... Sep '16 Phil 1
News The Place Beyond The Pines (Mar '13) Aug '15 Elise Gingerich 6
Blue Valentine star Ryan Gosling NAKED CAUGHT P... (Sep '12) Mar '15 rajuncajun 7
News Casting Call: 20 candidates for 50 Shades of Gr... (May '12) Mar '13 Grace 53
News Petition: Gosling should be 'Sexiest Man,' not ... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Truths 1
News Ryan Gosling remembers trying to impress 1st crush (Jul '11) Jul '11 JIM 1
News Hilary Swank vs. Michelle Williams: Who Should ... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Susan 1
More from around the web