Fast chat with Che' star Benicio Del ...

Fast chat with Che' star Benicio Del Toro

There are 22 comments on the St. Louis Post-Dispatch story from Jan 19, 2009, titled Fast chat with Che' star Benicio Del Toro. In it, St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that:

You've seen the T-shirts. Everywhere. With that face: the beard, beret, eyes burning with revolution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
luan vidad

Las Vegas, NV

#1 Jun 8, 2009
1. Oda a mi Habana.

La Habana,
Mi ciudad joven,
Mi ciudad vieja…
Si trepas por el mundo,
Cabes en mis ojos:
Trópico, mar, arrecifes, palmeras,
Sol, viento, aroma de tambor y flauta…
La habana,
Mi ciudad,
Prostíbulo de paredes carcomidas por el tiempo.
Si te veo en mi verso, te canto elevando mi nota
Sobre lo que queda de ti:
Cadáver quizás,
Mujer, levadura en lo estrecho,
Lagarto mutilado en verbenas nocturnas.
Si te recuerdo es porque lates en mi sangre:
Latifundios de miedos aterrorizan
Cañaverales en primavera
Y yo me quedo, desnudo,
Vistiendo a la giraldilla para no cambiar
Un beso de ron por un deseo de tequila.
Soy poeta, lo sé,
Comulga mi alma la penitencia de la rima
Y pronuncio discursos que sepan a ti.
El tirano está muerto y los hijos de la verdadera patria
Reclaman su cadáver en ultratumba.
Martí espera paciente para hacer justicia
Otra vez con su pluma dorada.
¿Quién será quien no sea mañana?
¿Y quién vendrá que no sea después?
La Habana,
Cenicienta de cuentos macabros,
No eres Vietnam, ni Berlín
Y parece que te han bombardeado con tantas bombas de hambre
Que en tu geografía llora mi lágrima
Como el llanto de cualquier cubano que mendiga por ti
Un porvenir mejor,
Un día mejor,
Donde la libertad sea el pan sobre la mesa
Y la verdad una oración de paz y amor…

copyright 2008

luan vidad
luan vidad

Las Vegas, NV

#2 Jun 10, 2009
Ode to Havana

Havana,
My young city,
My old city…
If you climbs on top of the world, You fit in my eyes:
Tropic, sea, reefs, palms,
Sun, wind, smell of drum and flute…
Havana, my city, brothel of decayed walls by the time.
I see you in my verse,
I sing to you lifting my note on which it is of you:
Corpse perhaps,
Woman, yeast in the narrow,
Lizard mutilated in nocturnal Spanish parties.
If I remember you it is because you bark in my blood:
Longest estates of fear terrify Cane plantations in spring
And I remain, naked,
Dressing the giraldilla just for not change
A kiss of rum by a tequila desire.
I am poet, I know that,
The penance of the rhyme agrees with my soul
And I deliver speeches that know all about you.
The tyrant is dead and the children of the true mother country
Demand their corpse of him in ultra tomb.
Martí hopes patient to make justice again with his golden pen.
Who will be the one who is not tomorrow?
And who will come that it is not later?
Havana, ashen of macabre stories,
You are not Vietnam, nor Berlin
And you look like somebody have bombed you with so many bomb of hunger
That in your geography cries my tear
Like the weeping of any Cuban that begs for you a better future,
A better day,
Where the freedom will be the bread on the table
And the truth an everlasting oration of peace and love…

luan vidad

Copyright
Anon1

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Dec 17, 2009
testing

Since: Sep 07

USA

#5 Dec 18, 2009
I like the "I a poet and I know it" part.
james walker

Fairfax, VA

#6 Dec 19, 2009
Too much peyote there, watch out for its effects....
Luan Vidad

Las Vegas, NV

#8 Oct 16, 2011
Puedes adquirir mis libros en Amazon.com . Soy Juan D Jimenez, poeta y escritor cubano.... Simplemente teclea mi nombre en Amazon.com y mira mis libros, vale. Afectos Luan vidad-Resfalgio- Juan D Jimenez....
james walker

Centreville, VA

#9 Oct 19, 2011
Well the truth is you must make a choice;

who is better Castro or Pinochet

Pinochet protected the interests of the rich, so obviously the U.S. supported him

Castro protected the interests of the poor, so obviously the U.S. did not support him.

the rich are in the process of destroying the
american middle class, what is so sad and funny,
is that it is being done with the support of the middle class.

USA

#10 Oct 21, 2011
james walker wrote:
Well the truth is you must make a choice;
who is better Castro or Pinochet
Pinochet protected the interests of the rich, so obviously the U.S. supported him
Castro protected the interests of the poor, so obviously the U.S. did not support him.
the rich are in the process of destroying the
american middle class, what is so sad and funny,
is that it is being done with the support of the middle class.
Castro for the poor... That's funny! If he were for the poor then why did so many "poor" Cubanos drown in the Caribbean trying to get to the US on makeshift rafts? The ONLY thing Castro protected was his own power. Nor do I give two hoots for Pinochet. I value personal liberty - something that Bolivians are quickly loosing.
Darrell Jackson

Centreville, VA

#11 Oct 21, 2011
Not so fast:
As far as your mantra for "personal Liberty" there is no such a thing no man is an island, not possible for man to exercise such liberty, it can only exist outside society. It is called FASCISM.

Personal liberty is a nice code word for SOCIAL DARWINISM which is promoted by nazis such as Ron Paul and was loved by Adolf Hitler because it "LIBERATES WHITE MEN FROM ANY ETHICAL RESPONSIBILITY IN SOCIETY" NITZCHE LOVED THIS KIND OF FREEDOM AND HE CALLED IT 'THE WILL TO POWER"

Personal liberty/ Social darwinism guarantees among other things the possibility to do such things as:

the freedom to own slaves
the freedom to create your own ethno state (even if it leads to the genocide of another group)
the freedom to be able to hate other groups
the freedom to be a feudalist

personal freedom is what FASCIST ALWAYS WANT, because it frees them from any responsibility or ethical standards to their fellow men or constituents.

neo nazis, hitler, Nitzche and Ron Paul love personal liberty because for them 'THE EXISTENCE OF LOWER GROUPS OF MEN INTERFERES IN THE PROGRESS OF HIGHER MEN, SO WE MUST FREE OURSELVES" F. Nietzche.

USA

#13 Oct 21, 2011
Darrell Jackson wrote:
Not so fast:
Wow, you’ve sure read an awful lot into my statement. Well, I assure you, you don’t have my number. I’m talking about the US constitution. I believe in it. I have defended it. What is it with you? You seem to see a fascist behind every tree. I suggest you look the word up and read the definition objectively. Also, I take it by your statement that you’re a fan of Che.
Darrell Jackson

Centreville, VA

#14 Oct 22, 2011
Some of the BEAUTIFUL THINGS, people would love to do under the banner of personaL Liberty:

" AS A WHITE RESTAURANT OWNER, I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE "PERSONAL LIBERY" TOOU REFUSE SERVICE TO BLACK AND ARAB PEOPLE IN MY RESTAURANT, I SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE MY CUSTOMERS"

"AS A LANDOWNER, I SHOULD HAVE THE "PERSONAL LIBERTY" AND EXERCISE MY RIGHT TO OWN SERVANTS AND SLAVES ON MY LAND, AND ANYONE WHO OPPOSES THIS IS AGAINST MY FREEDOM ON MY LAND"

"AS A CITIZEN I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE PERSONAL LIBERTY TO EDUCATE MY CHILDREN AS NAZIS AND TO TEACH THEM THE SUPERIORITY OF THE WHITE RACE."

"AS A WHITE CITIZEN, I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE "PERSONAL LIBERTY" TO BE ABLE TO LIVE IN A WHITE SOCIETY AND CULTURE WHICH IS GUARANTEED FOR PEOPLE TO HAVE THE RIGHT TO THIS CHOICE.ANYONE WHO OPPOSES AN ALL WHITE SOCIETY IS AGAINST FREEDOM".
"AS A CITIZEN I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE PERSONAL LIBERTY TO CLONE MYSELF USING GENETIC ENGENEERING METHODS, ANYONE WHO OPPOSES THIS IS AGAINST MY PERSONAL FREEDOM."

p.s. you need to think more critically and analize the concepts behind those who push the concept of "personal liberty" proposition.

It should bother you when in an already democratic society, people want "personal LIBERTY". What they want is not personal liberty, but what they want is personal liberty at the expense of others, which is FASCISM.
AntiChe wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, you’ve sure read an awful lot into my statement. Well, I assure you, you don’t have my number. I’m talking about the US constitution. I believe in it. I have defended it. What is it with you? You seem to see a fascist behind every tree. I suggest you look the word up and read the definition objectively. Also, I take it by your statement that you’re a fan of Che.

USA

#15 Oct 22, 2011
Darrell Jackson wrote:
Some of the BEAUTIFUL THINGS, people would love to do under the banner of personaL Liberty:

<quoted text>
Looks like you have indoctrinated yourself to the leftest propaganda. There are a few sites on the net that have mistakenly defined "liberty" and "Fascism" in the way you are parroting. You are really off base about those words. But I guess that's what you do so that you can claim "critical thinking." I can assume then that you refuse to answer my question about Che?
Darrell Jackson

Centreville, VA

#16 Oct 23, 2011
GROUPS CHAMPIONING FOR LIBERTARIANISM:

1. white Secessionists
2. white Separatists
3. White nationalists
4. Ultra convervatives( governments are not necessary for society)
5. Anti-semites
6. white Racists
7. Anti-multiculturalists
8. Anti-immigration nuts
8. Ron Paulites

THESE GROUPS DISLIKE MODERN LIBERAL DEMOCRACY, AND PREFER A ---DEMOCRACY --WHERE -- WHITE PEOPLE ARE IN POWER.
SO RON PAUL WAS VERY CLEVER ENOUGH TO USE "LIBERTY" IN HIS MOVEMENT.
"Liberty at the expense of others is not liberty at all, it is fascism"

Neither a communist fascist nor a libertarian fascist., both are flawed.

USA

#17 Nov 12, 2011
Darrell Jackson wrote:
What’s flawed is your ideology.
Fidel the jackal Hitler

Chapin, SC

#18 Nov 13, 2011
That is rightfully my name. The "jackal" stole it from me. My pals are Hugo "the scum" Chavez and the recently deceased Muamar "the daffy" Kaddafi www.therealcuba.com www.babalublog.com
Darrel Jackson

Falls Church, VA

#19 Nov 13, 2011
100 times better to elect another black man( Herman Cain) to the white house than FASCIST RON PAUL.
Ron Paul epitomizes the voice of the angry white man, i.e., stick to the white man.
It is time for BLACKS to stand up for REPARATIONS for slavery. SLAVERY REPARATIONS they need to sue to government for 100 trillon follars of free labor for 200 yrs.

Since: Feb 09

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Nov 14, 2011
Darrel Jackson wrote:
100 times better to elect another black man( Herman Cain) to the white house than FASCIST RON PAUL.
Ron Paul epitomizes the voice of the angry white man, i.e., stick to the white man.
It is time for BLACKS to stand up for REPARATIONS for slavery. SLAVERY REPARATIONS they need to sue to government for 100 trillon follars of free labor for 200 yrs.
I say "bring it, bitches!!!" Good luck with that. People have been repressing and abusing and killing other groups of people for eternity. Deal with it. I am not about to pay taxes to reparations for something that neither me nor my parents or even grandparents had anything to do with.

Shit happens.

Deal with it and get off your ass and make something of your life now that you are a couple generations away from the people in your family that were "wronged".

For crissake...grow up!!

“TUEBOR”

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

#21 Nov 14, 2011
Darrel Jackson wrote:
We should pay reparations to the coloreds. We should then back charge them for all of the property damage, increased insurance premiums, compensating the victims of their crimes, the cost of housing them in prisons, remuneration for the decrease in property values, etc. I'll be waiting for my check. Also, Che Guevara was atotal douche bag and it is a good thing the CIA whacked him.

USA

#22 Nov 15, 2011
Che was a blood-thirsty killer who Castro turned loose on all those he perceived to be his enemies. Talk about fascism.
Darrel Jackson

Falls Church, VA

#23 Nov 18, 2011
"Forty acres and a Mule" was supposedly the post-civil war era reparations for slavery. Initially given to black which the southerners took it back. Back then, whites made the law so they reverse it, as quickly as than. BUT NOW, black folk have a BETTER chance of accessing reparations and my guess is this CLAIM WILL PICK UP SPEED IN THE COMMING YEARS. For a nation which prides itself on human rights and justice, it is TIME for the U.S., to make good on its promises of human rights and reparations.
The U.S.,pushed hard on Germany to make reparations for all the looting, and labor on concentration camps. As a result German reparations to Jews after world war II amount to around $60 billion dollars, so why not to Black folk. Blacks know, the debt of white america for 400 years of forced labor, yet we know, if it does not happen, we will make sure they repay us one way or another. Peace bro; it you want true peace work for justice.

FOR SLAVERY from white america which by the way neWe should pay reparations to the coloreds. We should then back charge them for all of the property damage, increased insurance premiums, compensating the victims of their crimes, the cost of housing them in prisons, remuneration for the decrease in property values, etc. I'll be waiting for my check. Also, Che Guevara was atotal douche bag and it is a good thing the CIA whacked him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Top Pee-wee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pee-Wee Herman Enjoying His Second Act (Oct '10) Oct '10 Obama Failure 1
News Benicio Del Toro To Play Famous Undercover FBI ... (Mar '10) Apr '10 luan vidad 2
News The return of Pee-wee (Jan '10) Jan '10 Fabioso 12
News Pee--wee's next big adventure: Comedian Paul Ru... (Jan '10) Jan '10 hannah 2
News Fast Chat: Benicio Del Toro in 'Che' (Jan '09) Jan '09 AntiChe 21
News Fast Chat: Benicio Del Toro (Jan '09) Jan '09 Tony 2
News Back to 'Pee-wee's Playhouse' Here come DVDs, f... (Aug '06) Aug '06 Sam 1
More from around the web