"Bangkok Dangerous" kicks off fall movie season

Sep 5, 2008 Full story: Reuters

The fall box-office season gets off to a rather sedate start this weekend, with just one film opening in wide release -- Lionsgate's "Bangkok Dangerous," starring Nicolas Cage and going out without advance ...

Full Story
Maven

Monroeville, PA

#1 Sep 5, 2008
I read a review that Joe takes Kong under his wing for no apparent reason.
My question is were ou paying attention to the movie?
He took him under his tutelage because he knew he would never have a family of his own,and he wanted to pass on what was taught to him.
Everything fits in the movie.
The only question I was left with was at the end,why?
I got the feeling their was some disturbing emotional baggage for Joe,but they didn't waste anyone's time with it.They left it up to the person watching the movie to imagine.
The character is depraved and likeable,and there is a very good moral to the story.
When he goes against his own rules,that's how the story builds.
Go see it people.
The trailor doesn't do it justice.
The description doesn't either.
When you don't give anyone a good enough enticement to want to see something,of course it's going to be a slow start for it.
I am in no way disappointed.You won't be either.No one will be after seeing this surprisingly emotional and moving movie.
It's a diamond in the rough.
M

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bangkok Dangerous Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bangkok Dangerous 2 (Oct '08) Aug '14 Lukas 6
Does Nic Cage have the kavorka? (Oct '09) Oct '09 mary 1
Cage on Ghost Rider Sequel, Kick Ass (Sep '08) Sep '08 fodleg 1
'Bangkok Dangerous' wins fall box office (Sep '08) Sep '08 allah 2

Bangkok Dangerous People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE