Guest View: NASA now lifting Muslim self-esteem

Full story: San Gabriel Valley Tribune

YOU would be hard-pressed to find an American who doesn't know that the "S" in NASA stands for "Space." Since the race to the moon in the 1960s, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration has been one of the most storied agencies in the U.S. government.
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Jul 15, 2010
sgvgirl

Claremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

So now our President is going to repurpose NASA and turn it into some sort of ambassador to Muslim nations?

I know, this is all about making them feel better about themselves. I'll bet they are having fun with this story in those countries. What's next? Free passes to a day spa? Maybe some aroma therapy would help.

I'm sure the Iranian President is feeling warm and fuzzy for the United States over this.
Juliet

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

Astoundingly shocking! I am speechless....
Jim C

Fountain Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

The Great Confiscator puts his stamp on another great American institution. Re-purpose everything to curry favor with our enemies. That's a sign of weakness.
That part of the world on respects force.
Dumbfounded

Claremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

Way to go green with NASA. What's next? I can only hope he has something in mind for the ACLU or NAACP.
Just Dave

Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

It's ironic that Obama's cronies call their political opponents filthy names (racist, fascist, etc.) while their boss pays homage to jihadists and thugs. How did such fools and scoundrels rise to the top of the pile? As awful as he is, I'm less worried about Obama and his crazy czars than I am about an America that puts a lunatic like this into the driver's seat.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Apollo 13 Discussions

Search the Apollo 13 Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Buzz Aldrin: Where were you when I walked on moon? Jul 22 Speedy Turtle 1
Debate: Was the Apollo moon landing real or a h... (Aug '07) Feb '13 SpaceBlues 483
Ron Howard to Direct Film of Jay-Z's "Made in A... (Sep '12) Sep '12 just saying 3
Ron Howard - Ron Howard Pens Moving Tribute To ... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Sol 2
See The Bacon Brothers at Indian Ranch (Jun '12) Jun '12 Debbie 1
Geraldo To O'Reilly: Santorum 'Torpedoed His Ca... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Changed Channels 1
Neil Armstrong rallies Afghan troops (Aug '11) Aug '11 Faith 3
•••
•••
•••