Sharron Angle Wants Nevada Republican...

Sharron Angle Wants Nevada Republicans' Votes, You HIV-Spreading Child-Molesting Queer

There are 14 comments on the www.queerty.com story from Jun 25, 2010, titled Sharron Angle Wants Nevada Republicans' Votes, You HIV-Spreading Child-Molesting Queer. In it, www.queerty.com reports that:

Nevada Republican Senatorial candidate Sharron Angle not only calls herself a "true protector of the Nevada Constitution", she also calls LGBT people "child-molesting, HIV-carrying, Hell-bound freaks." She made those statements 16-years-ago , but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't use them to play Beguile The Bigot now!

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.queerty.com.

Great Warrior

Las Vegas, NV

#2 Jun 25, 2010
Ok, what this story does not explain to be true nor false, is the question of whether or not this candidate PRESENTLY feels that way. I've never heard of her myself and I'm no big fan of most republicans to be honest.

What I would like to know is: Does she PRESENTLY think this way? If not, then it doesn't even matter anymore. 16 years is MORE THAN enough time for someone to change. So what someone said 16 years ago (good or bad) is basically irrelivant unless anyone can say that the person is still like that.

Holding someone's past against them is stupid, silly, petty, ill-informed, and counter-productive. People change all the time. Believe that!

Again, I don't know much about Sharron Angle. And I don't deny those comments were terrible. I'm just saying don't hold someone's past against them unless you know they are still like that.
MrSir

United States

#3 Jun 25, 2010
Great Warrior wrote:
Ok, what this story does not explain to be true nor false, is the question of whether or not this candidate PRESENTLY feels that way. I've never heard of her myself and I'm no big fan of most republicans to be honest.
What I would like to know is: Does she PRESENTLY think this way? If not, then it doesn't even matter anymore. 16 years is MORE THAN enough time for someone to change. So what someone said 16 years ago (good or bad) is basically irrelivant unless anyone can say that the person is still like that.
Holding someone's past against them is stupid, silly, petty, ill-informed, and counter-productive. People change all the time. Believe that!
Again, I don't know much about Sharron Angle. And I don't deny those comments were terrible. I'm just saying don't hold someone's past against them unless you know they are still like that.
Hmmmmmm, Interesting "Theory",( And in SOME cases True , but once a "Republican", ALWAYS A REPUBLICAN ,...In MOST Cases )
Pride2010

United States

#4 Jun 26, 2010
Great Warrior wrote:
I agree!

I'm a big fan of second and third chances. I believe in forgiveness AS LONG AS the person is willing to change! Believe me I'm nobody's fool. If you aren't willing to change your behaviour then the battle's on until you are. But if you are for real, and you can convince me you are, then I will usually forgive you.

I think I'm still one of the few people who have forgiven Michael Vick for his past transgressions.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#5 Jun 26, 2010
For those of you willing to give Angle another chance, the story about her involvement with the Independent American Party in general and specifically the issue of its incredibly over the top rabidly anti-gay agenda has been making the rounds all of the last week. What I haven't found during that time is any source where she has even addressed the issue, let alone attempted to explain how her current views might in any way differ from her previously stated rather seemingly dangerously disturbed and very disturbing ones. Until she lets the voters know how and why she left the dark and scary position she obviously held, the only possible conclusion is that she still holds those ugly beliefs. Second chances at this point are out of the question...
Pride2010

United States

#6 Jun 26, 2010
Rick in Kansas wrote:
For those of you willing to give Angle another chance, the story about her involvement with the Independent American Party in general and specifically the issue of its incredibly over the top rabidly anti-gay agenda has been making the rounds all of the last week. What I haven't found during that time is any source where she has even addressed the issue, let alone attempted to explain how her current views might in any way differ from her previously stated rather seemingly dangerously disturbed and very disturbing ones. Until she lets the voters know how and why she left the dark and scary position she obviously held, the only possible conclusion is that she still holds those ugly beliefs. Second chances at this point are out of the question...
I agree with that also.

Again I am a very big believer in second chances. But you have to be serious about wanting to change. And when confronted about the past, you should typically express some remorse, but most importantly a promise that it will not happen again.(Whatever "it" is in whichever case.)

Unless and until she can do that, I do not think I would vote for her under any circumstances. But if she did appologize and change, I would gladly forgive her just like Michael Vick, Tiger Woods, etc. IF she were to change.

I fully believe in second chances, but only if the person is willing to change.

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#7 Jun 26, 2010
The TeaParty decides to run a domestic terrorist.
I am not surprised.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#8 Jun 26, 2010
People holding this deeply-seated hatred of another group of people don't--or very, VERY rarely--change. Those who do so experience some radically life-altering event, like a beloved child saying they are gay (and sometimes even that isn't enough).

If she no longer holds those views, she's certainly had ample time to refute them to the press. It takes all of five seconds to tell the press that she no longer holds to those views. But she won't, because she still does. She just wants to downplay them until the election
Great Warrior wrote:

Indianapolis

#9 Jun 26, 2010
Who ELSE is going to go along with them? Look at palin-- a member of an alaskan separatist group.
WDRussell wrote:
The TeaParty decides to run a domestic terrorist.
I am not surprised.

Since: May 09

Marin County, CA

#10 Jun 26, 2010
Rick in Kansas wrote:
...Until she lets the voters know how and why she left the dark and scary position she obviously held, the only possible conclusion is that she still holds those ugly beliefs. Second chances at this point are out of the question...
Exactly!

*SHE* has to be proactive and 'SPLAIN her position - it's not up to anyone else to have to ask her.

If she doesn't address her current views, then voters can only conclude that she still harbors those previously-expressed views.

Since: May 09

Marin County, CA

#11 Jun 26, 2010
Pride2010 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with that also.
Again I am a very big believer in second chances. But you have to be serious about wanting to change. And when confronted about the past, you should typically express some remorse, but most importantly a promise that it will not happen again.(Whatever "it" is in whichever case.)
Unless and until she can do that, I do not think I would vote for her under any circumstances. But if she did appologize and change, I would gladly forgive her just like Michael Vick, Tiger Woods, etc. IF she were to change.
I fully believe in second chances, but only if the person is willing to change.
Second chances - YES -**BUT** has she ever ASKED for a 2nd chance? Has SHE ever denounced her previous statements to SHOW that she is a changed person?

Unless and until she does ASK FOR A 2nd CHANCE, then you have to assume she stands by her previous position.
alan

Maringouin, LA

#13 Jun 27, 2010
its great that someone is running that doesent support you queers.you fairies should be on the drug companies to make a form of ky that prevents aids and stay out of politics!

“TMA&CRR One Love One Marriage ”

Since: Sep 09

port orange

#14 Jun 27, 2010
alan wrote:
its great that someone is running that doesent support you queers.you fairies should be on the drug companies to make a form of ky that prevents aids and stay out of politics!
look mom and idiot...don't stare honey...
MrSir

Charlotte, MI

#15 Jun 27, 2010
alan wrote:
Hmmmmm, Time to play "Beguile the Bigot" , First up is "Alan" from LA..... SORRY DUDE , You LOST , Your prize is ,Being Judged by the same ( low ) Standards you judege others , Now run along and Hibernate ( In your Ignorance ) untill your Judgement Day ,...

Indianapolis

#16 Jun 27, 2010
Are you so ignorant that you've never heard of lubricants with nonoxynol-9?

I too think it's great she's running; it'll swing support to more gay-friendly democratic candidates because decent people won't vote for her.
alan wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antichrist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News According to Jesus, you should WANT to be 'left... May '15 New Perspective 1
News Pat Robertson Warns Yoga Will Have You Speaking... Feb '15 Just Mad 1
News Islamic studies expert offering public lecture ... Feb '15 naman 2
News Colin Morgan introduces the "pure escapism and ... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Jezabel 1
News Pat Robertson Says Gays 'Will Die Out' (Dec '14) Dec '14 Belle Sexton 4
News Ebola & ISIS/ Weird American History (Oct '14) Oct '14 Cath League of Du... 1
News Pat Robertson Blames 'God Of The Heathen' For R... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Gremlin 5
More from around the web