'Because I Said So': Sorry, That's No...

'Because I Said So': Sorry, That's Not a Good Enough Reason

There are 1 comment on the The Washington Post story from Feb 2, 2007, titled 'Because I Said So': Sorry, That's Not a Good Enough Reason. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

An open letter to the cast and crew of 'The Holiday':Dear Nancy, Cameron, Kate, Jude and Jack,Long time, no hear-from!Listen, I'll be honest.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Sandy

AOL

#1 Feb 2, 2007
Reading this review made me very
sad indeed. When a reviewer seriously maligns a movie it has
the worst impact possible. That
you changed your mind a couple of
months later and put it in print is noble but unfortunately does no good. I suspect you are not alone in your reversal of opinion, whether it was caused by seeing this other movie whose trailwr had already led me to a poor opinion of the offering. But you missed the boat on HOLIDAY.. It's reatest merit (after Jude Law) was that it was a true feel-good movie and all you heard from the people who saw it was "I want to see it again: This movie didn't require heavy philosphical thinking or careful dissecting of the plot or intent, one only had to sit back and enjoy the obvious, the heart-warming, and an adorable dog and two more than adorable little girls and an incomprably dreamy Prince Charming. with a big bowl of other goodies thrown in. But now think of all those people you shut out by calling the kettle black in the beginning. Being a critic, i.e. criticizing, doesn't have to mean tearing apart. Better to recognize that different kinds of films require a different realm of values and adjust your pen accodingly. All those who missed out on a very special movie would be able to thank you instead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Annie Hall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BWW Reviews: Playhouse on Park's Play it Again,... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Ramona 1
News Christopher Walken's No. 1 Life Lesson (Feb '13) Feb '13 Banana Republic 1
News Childfree Celebrity Spotlight: Christopher Walken (Nov '12) Nov '12 Saudade 1
News Christopher Walken (Oct '12) Oct '12 Saudade 3
News Christopher Walken on being Hollywood's ultimat... (Oct '12) Oct '12 DirtyDollazworth 1
News Mia Farrow and Woody Allen's prodigy son Ronan ... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Ron 1
Watching DVD player gets 2 Cleveland air traffi... (Oct '11) Oct '11 rgj20091014 1
More from around the web