And the Oscar goes to . . . * George ...

And the Oscar goes to . . . * George Clooney is a favorite this...

There are 4 comments on the Cecil Whig story from Mar 1, 2006, titled And the Oscar goes to . . . * George Clooney is a favorite this.... In it, Cecil Whig reports that:

George Clooney is the jack-of-all-trades at the Academy Awards, earning directing and screenplay nominations for "Good Night, and Good Luck" and a supporting-actor honor for "Syriana." The good will he has ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cecil Whig.

Gloria

Canada

#1 Mar 5, 2006
How true is this.....so sad that Jake lost. I was truley hoping Jake would win this award for supporting actor. He's still a winner in my eyes....now I'm hoping for a Best Picture nod for my boy.....fingers and toes are crossed.

Jake is amazing with or without the Ocsar.
adrien

AOL

#2 Mar 8, 2006
i agree, he is wonderful with or without.
stacey

Guangzhou, China

#3 Mar 14, 2006
Agreed. Jake deserved the award but im not worried, jake is still young, he will eventually win an award. At least he was nominated for one.
tmj3

Dover Plains, NY

#4 Apr 9, 2006
I think Paul Giamatti was robbed. That guy is a brilliant actor. I hate how they pick the cute actor to win. He got snubbed the year before also.
I loved jom stewart but I thimk the oscars are turning into this stuffy awards. no sense of humor that audience. Jon stewart is rught hollywood lives in lala land. George is a nut if he thinks hollywood addresses the issue of america and the world. There were civil rights activists addressing those issues before hollywood makes money of it. Remember George its about money in hollywood not issues. You made money off that too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American Splendor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Drama goes behind lens of landmark in 'reality'... (Apr '11) Apr '11 hamburger pimp 2
News Hot Dog of the Week: Steve's Lunch in Cleveland... (Dec '10) Dec '10 _Duh 1
News Happy Birthday, Harvey Pekar, Author of the 'Am... (Nov '09) Oct '10 DanInTheApple 4
News Cleveland benefit to raise money for comic book... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Sinder Blok Hed 3
News Comic-book writer Harvey Pekar dies at Ohio hom... (Jul '10) Jul '10 what 5
News Famed Cleveland Comic Book Writer Harvey Pekar ... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Paul in NYC 10
News Clinton-Blair Years Focus of HBO's 'Relationship' (May '10) May '10 frank miller 3
More from around the web