Fledgling Oprah network struggling | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 13 comments on the Mar 9, 2011, Columbus Dispatch story titled Fledgling Oprah network struggling | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Candice Stewart, left, is assisted by investigative genealogist Pam Slaton on Searching for .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

grammar girl

Columbus, OH

#1 Mar 9, 2011
I'm disappointed and surprised to read that OWN is struggling. I hope people will give it a chance. I've found some very interesting and informative programs on the network. Scan through the schedule and pick one or two to watch. You'll be glad you did.
BuckinTol

United States

#2 Mar 9, 2011
Maybe she can just go away once and for all.
John

Columbus, OH

#3 Mar 9, 2011
Good. I get tired of people worshipping the Almighty Oprah.
From CA

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Mar 9, 2011
I channel surfed OWN and found nothing that would interest me.

I'm greatful for the large variety of DISCOVERY STATIONS.
Dirk

Columbus, OH

#5 Mar 9, 2011
LOL, too bad so sad. Maybe Orca and Ted Williams can team up

“Perfect? NO. Forgiven? YES!”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#6 Mar 9, 2011
Gee, that is too bad. Time to get rid of her once and for all. How much more money does she need to bleed from folks.
Pearl Whitia Necklacia

Dublin, OH

#7 Mar 9, 2011
You are jealous! I love Oprah Behind the Scenes. Best reality show ever! Now I know why they say Oprah has the best, most dedicated TV staff on the planet! These people are going to get huge payouts by Oprah for their dedication and hard work.
mark

Columbus, OH

#8 Mar 9, 2011
Pearl Whitia Necklacia wrote:
You are jealous! I love Oprah Behind the Scenes. Best reality show ever! Now I know why they say Oprah has the best, most dedicated TV staff on the planet! These people are going to get huge payouts by Oprah for their dedication and hard work.
Maybe it is just not their cup of tea you clown.
suckeyes

United States

#9 Mar 9, 2011
I am glad to hear that OWN is flopping. I watched alot of Discovery Health (along with their other channels) and was very disappointed that they sold out. It has been a few years, but I am still irritated that Court TV changed to True TV. So many of the TV stations think that the public has no attention span and must watch reality shows. I hope OWN continues to flop. Oprah doesn't seem to do well when she begins other ventures. Look at her school in Africa for girls. She should stick to what she knows. Obviously her fan base thinks the new channel stinks.
Baby Boomer

Bowling Green, OH

#10 Mar 9, 2011
I have tried watching it but find it boring. Even Gail's show is boring and slow. I'd rather watch the Food Channel. Sorry Oprah............
Barrys Buddy

Columbus, OH

#11 Mar 9, 2011
Oprah who?
Old News

Columbus, OH

#12 Mar 10, 2011
Oprah should open a used car lot.

“Perfect? NO. Forgiven? YES!”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#13 Mar 10, 2011
Pearl Whitia Necklacia wrote:
Jealous? Oh please. She is the biggest waste of time. And if they are doing it for the money, then they aren't any better than she is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

America Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ruby Dee's legacy of activism, acting mourned (Jun '14) Jun '14 amw 3
News The 25 Stupidest Liberal Quotes Of The Last Decade (Aug '13) Aug '13 Jack from Bedias 14
News Maya Angelou hosts Black History Month special (Feb '12) Feb '12 rider 1
News Lifetime, Rosie O'Donnell Look for 'America' (May '10) Oct '11 Joanne Nickerson ... 4
News Laura Ingraham takes aim at American culture (Jul '11) Jul '11 County Resident 3
News Now God will destroy America (Jun '11) Jun '11 Aloha Miaka 6
News Pastor Fred Phelps to Picket Funerals of Arizon... (Jan '11) Jan '11 nite 1
More from around the web