James Cameron's "Avatar"

James Cameron's "Avatar"

There are 15 comments on the WABC 7 story from Dec 14, 2009, titled James Cameron's "Avatar". In it, WABC 7 reports that:

It's being called the most ambitious and the most expensive film ever made, a roll of the dice equal to James Cameron's "Titanic", which is the biggest hit of all time, grossing almost $2 billion.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WABC 7.

Sheila

Texarkana, TX

#1 Dec 14, 2009
Can't wait to see it!

Since: Dec 09

Beijing, China

#2 Dec 14, 2009
So am I.
Sheila

Texarkana, TX

#3 Dec 14, 2009
Holy Thierry wrote:
So am I.
Sci-fi is the best kind of entertainment, because the ending is never predictable. I like being surprised.

London, UK

#4 Dec 18, 2009
since James Cameron produced the film Titanic,which was unlike the Ship a success,his new film was never questioned by the harbingers of doom who said the film Titanic would be a disaster,the film seems to be animated however this must be good to have grossed so much money,I look forard to seeing it.
Ken in San Jose

Santa Cruz, CA

#5 Dec 26, 2009
Almost every great work of art is created to work on multiple levels, including an “actual” story or theme and a subtext. This movie falls into that category. Writer James Cameron shows old school racist colors as well as extreme hypocrisy way in this admittedly visually spectacular film.

1. White man saves primitive species–PLEASE, James, not this pat Hollywood formula AGAIN. I know it makes money but give me a break–I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw this coming one more time.(p.s.–I’m white).

2. White man flips seamlessly between his white world and the more compelling primitive world (Cameron living vicariously through the Na’vi (NBA?), as he no doubt wishes that he, like many white libs, were black). OK man, got it, but the expiration date on that one was about 1989 and now it’s really starting to stink up the place.

3. I loved the makeup of the military defectors–a Latino dude, a handicapped white dude, two white academics, and a probable Lesbian. Man, I love that Democratic party! James, do you have any other paint by numbers coloring books you can share?

4. Closing scenes show almost every single bad human to be white men. Certainly no women, and few if any Latinos, Asians or Blacks. Hmmm.

5. Worst of all, the real story of the film is not the taking of the precious metal from the Na’vi, or about the taking of oil from Iraq, or about the stripping of the the rain forest. It’s about the James Cameron mining our uncertainties about race in order to make an insane amount of money. This kind of maneuver will blow up your emotional Hometree whether you realize it or not, and most people will never how completely they have been manipulated by this film.

One more point regarding race while I'm on a roll -- I'm perplexed as to why people of all colors continue to beat white people up over the issue of slavery. Folks, the slave trade TODAY as perpetrated by Arabs and Africans against native Africans is ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE larger than the slave trade in the colonial U.S. African governments have been selling their own people across the world for centuries. MANY, MANY more slaves ended up in South America vs. North America. Don’t let your professors or the liberal media play you for a fool with their revisionist history as the world has been a nasty place for a long, long time and non-white faces have played a huge part in the nastiness.

I prefer to live in a post-racial world where I don’t really give a damn about anyone’s race. I don’t care if you are white, brown, green, black, purple or see-through, if you’re a good person I’m going to like you, and if not then I’ll be seeing you later.

That’s my take. Happy Holidays and God Bless.
Sheila

Texarkana, TX

#6 Dec 26, 2009
You took a perfectly good movie and tried to squeeze the life out of it!
Robert

Westminster, CO

#7 Dec 26, 2009
Ken has a point.
Yet look closer at James Cameron on wikipedia and the films he involved himself in as he matured.
The Bible written by God says that out of a mans mouth comes the abundance of his heart.
What James creates is the imaginations of his heart.
What is in James heart is what he exposed himself to as he matured. Reading his wikipedia file and the wikipedia examination of his earlier movies he worked on shows much exposure to perversion.
The dangerous part is now he is taking the imaginations of his heart and pouring them into our hearts as we sit in his movie. Your eyes are the windows into your soul. Wether you know it or not James Cameron is writing his New Age Gospel into your heart. Only God belongs there. Better to believe with your heart on Jesus Christ.
Manoj

Santa Clara, CA

#8 Dec 31, 2009
Sheila

Texarkana, TX

#9 Jan 14, 2010
I finally saw AVATAR this week and it was great, just like I knew it would be! I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. Can't imagine why anybody would have something bad to say about it.
Rikison

Slovakia

#10 Jan 15, 2010
I think avatar is the best movie ever made.It is absolutely briliant...i love it.Can watch it 50 times per day...
Sheila

Texarkana, TX

#11 Jan 15, 2010
Rikison wrote:
I think avatar is the best movie ever made.It is absolutely briliant...i love it.Can watch it 50 times per day...
Yeah, maybe, if you live on other-dimensional time where every day lasts 1500 hours! It was a really long movie, but I didn't get impatient for it to end like other long movies make me. I was afraid the special effects were going to make it too cartoony, but it was near perfect.
Sheila

Texarkana, TX

#12 Jan 15, 2010
Robert wrote:
Ken has a point.
Yet look closer at James Cameron on wikipedia and the films he involved himself in as he matured.
The Bible written by God says that out of a mans mouth comes the abundance of his heart.
What James creates is the imaginations of his heart.
What is in James heart is what he exposed himself to as he matured. Reading his wikipedia file and the wikipedia examination of his earlier movies he worked on shows much exposure to perversion.
The dangerous part is now he is taking the imaginations of his heart and pouring them into our hearts as we sit in his movie. Your eyes are the windows into your soul. Wether you know it or not James Cameron is writing his New Age Gospel into your heart. Only God belongs there. Better to believe with your heart on Jesus Christ.
Whatever....
Sheila

Texarkana, TX

#13 Jan 15, 2010
Ken in San Jose wrote:
Almost every great work of art is created to work on multiple levels, including an “actual” story or theme and a subtext. This movie falls into that category. Writer James Cameron shows old school racist colors as well as extreme hypocrisy way in this admittedly visually spectacular film.
1. White man saves primitive species–PLEASE, James, not this pat Hollywood formula AGAIN. I know it makes money but give me a break–I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw this coming one more time.(p.s.–I’m white).
2. White man flips seamlessly between his white world and the more compelling primitive world (Cameron living vicariously through the Na’vi (NBA?), as he no doubt wishes that he, like many white libs, were black). OK man, got it, but the expiration date on that one was about 1989 and now it’s really starting to stink up the place.
3. I loved the makeup of the military defectors–a Latino dude, a handicapped white dude, two white academics, and a probable Lesbian. Man, I love that Democratic party! James, do you have any other paint by numbers coloring books you can share?
4. Closing scenes show almost every single bad human to be white men. Certainly no women, and few if any Latinos, Asians or Blacks. Hmmm.
5. Worst of all, the real story of the film is not the taking of the precious metal from the Na’vi, or about the taking of oil from Iraq, or about the stripping of the the rain forest. It’s about the James Cameron mining our uncertainties about race in order to make an insane amount of money. This kind of maneuver will blow up your emotional Hometree whether you realize it or not, and most people will never how completely they have been manipulated by this film.
One more point regarding race while I'm on a roll -- I'm perplexed as to why people of all colors continue to beat white people up over the issue of slavery. Folks, the slave trade TODAY as perpetrated by Arabs and Africans against native Africans is ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE larger than the slave trade in the colonial U.S. African governments have been selling their own people across the world for centuries. MANY, MANY more slaves ended up in South America vs. North America. Don’t let your professors or the liberal media play you for a fool with their revisionist history as the world has been a nasty place for a long, long time and non-white faces have played a huge part in the nastiness.
I prefer to live in a post-racial world where I don’t really give a damn about anyone’s race. I don’t care if you are white, brown, green, black, purple or see-through, if you’re a good person I’m going to like you, and if not then I’ll be seeing you later.
That’s my take. Happy Holidays and God Bless.
You are pathetic in your attempt to analyze the man or the movie.

Stevenston, UK

#14 Sep 4, 2010
While on the subject of avator I tried many times to contact james cameron for the film titanic but in spite of many attempts could not do so I wanted to have my grandfather who sank on the titanic included in the sequence.However now that james cameron has it seems done an animated film maybe I should see it sometime I hope he carries on making films for our entertainment.
Mee Free

Suncheon, Korea

#15 Sep 21, 2010
---Instead of buying into RED China franchise slum
sellout artist James Cameron's eco-fascist vision
CHECK OUT Alex Jones's documentary 'Invisible
Empire' on Youtube.
----------WOW!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aliens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alien Rising, Sci-Fi Thriller, released this we... (Feb '15) Feb '15 freethinkradio do... 1
News Alien egg, signed by the cast of Aliens, auctio... (Feb '15) Feb '15 freethinkradio do... 1
News Paxton wastes no time working with Cruise on 'E... (Jun '14) Aug '14 Beto 3
annette marion is off world, delusional, she is... (Jun '13) Jun '13 jerri 1
News Northern Ontario-shot 'The Colony' mashes icy h... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Blackwater 1
No need to search for aliens (Feb '09) Mar '13 Igotlife 2
Join our UFO community (Jun '07) Oct '11 Dwain Sawh 8
More from around the web