The talented Ms Ripley

The talented Ms Ripley

There are 3 comments on the Surrey Hants Star story from Oct 13, 2009, titled The talented Ms Ripley. In it, Surrey Hants Star reports that:

It is 30 years since Ridley Scott's Alien burst on to cinema screens and introduced us to Ellen Ripley, chestbursters and body horror The other week I went to see a science-fiction thriller called Pandorum which opens a ' rather memorably a ' with a scene in which a befuddled Dennis Quaid falls out of a space-pod dressed only in his underpants.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Surrey Hants Star.

lycan

Tujunga, CA

#1 Oct 14, 2009
I for one, hated Pandorum. I thought it sluggish, visually unappealing, Poorly directed and sloppily acted. I normally love Dennis Quaid's performances, but in this he had an impossible task trying to make something out of this meddled mish mosh of boredom. The shock scenes were telegraphed and totally contrived.
Mark T

Libertyville, IL

#2 Oct 15, 2009
The movie was ok, nothing to do back flips about, but Dennis Quaid did a great job, I think if he would have had more of an action role in it the movie rather than just sitting in the room most of the time, it would have been a lot better. These directors need to utilize these big stars better, it’s not quaids fault they don’t use him better in scenes, he’s a brilliant actor but he can only hold a movies core and appearance for so long just on his acting alone. I hope the next movie he’s in, that he gets to really star in the movie as a lead actor rather than the director focusing on some newbie actor. Dennis Quaid can rock on the screen if they let him; he’s a big time money maker for the studios. I paid $15 dollars to see Quaid in action not to go see Pandorum.

“CUPIDS DEMONS”

Since: Aug 12

gosford

#4 Aug 31, 2012
Adore her

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alien³ Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bizarre alien corpse discovered in Russia has e... (Sep '15) Nov '16 truth be told 3
News Is that a Martian mouse? ArtAlienTV spotted thi... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Undie Concerned F... 4
News New in Mars rumors: 'Star Wars' star destroyer ... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Jaysus Sharia 1
News Alien Rising, Sci-Fi Thriller, released this we... (Feb '15) Feb '15 freethinkradio do... 1
News Alien egg, signed by the cast of Aliens, auctio... (Feb '15) Feb '15 freethinkradio do... 1
News Nothing to See Here but Sigourney Weaver Using ... (Feb '15) Feb '15 freethinkradio do... 1
News Watch Women Beat The Hell Out Of People In This... (Feb '15) Feb '15 freethinkradio do... 1
More from around the web