'Carol' Offers Mother Lode Against Left

'Carol' Offers Mother Lode Against Left

There are 7 comments on the www.newsmax.com story from Oct 3, 2008, titled 'Carol' Offers Mother Lode Against Left. In it, www.newsmax.com reports that:

Ever feel like news events are surreal?

Director David Zucker (“Airplane,” “Naked Gun,” and “Scary Movie”) felt that way, so much so that he was inspired to direct and co-write the film “An American Carol,” which opens in theaters Friday.

“Far Left politics are taken too seriously,” Zucker told me. The hyper reaction provides material that’s “perfect for poking fun at,” he said.

“Who would’ve thought airplane disaster movies would be material for jokes before ‘Airplane?’ Or serious Westerns would be funny until ‘Blazing Saddles’?” he said. “My motivations have always been to first ask, ‘Where can I find good jokes?’ ”

When it comes to good jokes, Zucker hit the mother lode with the politics of the far left.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.newsmax.com.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#1 Oct 3, 2008
This movie is going to kick butt. Michael Moore has had this coming for a long long time. Though it is a satire, it REALLY hits home.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#3 Oct 3, 2008
From the review: "Although it's refreshing to encounter a parody that doesn't use tired movie genres for inspiration, "An American Carol" squanders its comedic potential with a near-total absence of laughs. Audiences will be mostly stone-faced, though it's a pretty good bet that Moore will be laughing his ass off somewhere. The film opened Friday without advance press screenings..."

Evidently you guys can't do comedy on purpose.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#5 Oct 3, 2008
yeah - since when have critics ever been right about the popularity of a movie?

Especially when coming from a liberal news source. Can't have the conservatives picking on their golden boy of American Hate.
leosnana wrote:
From the review: "Although it's refreshing to encounter a parody that doesn't use tired movie genres for inspiration, "An American Carol" squanders its comedic potential with a near-total absence of laughs. Audiences will be mostly stone-faced, though it's a pretty good bet that Moore will be laughing his ass off somewhere. The film opened Friday without advance press screenings..."
Evidently you guys can't do comedy on purpose.
GitRdone

Orange Park, FL

#6 Oct 3, 2008
Michael Frisbee wrote:
yeah - since when have critics ever been right about the popularity of a movie?
Especially when coming from a liberal news source. Can't have the conservatives picking on their golden boy of American Hate.
<quoted text>
LMAO...I agree. These lib's always believe everything they read, especially when it's coming from the wacko lib media.

Since: Sep 08

Braidwood

#7 Oct 4, 2008
I can't wait to see this movie!!!
ANON

AOL

#8 Oct 4, 2008
I loved it. It was funny, but at times it seemed like a it was a real movie instead of satire. I felt sad when Micheal's character's nephew was shipping off to war. I had a little tear in my eye.

It's refreshing to see actors unafraid to be conservative in the liberal bubble they live in. I'm so sick of young people being indoctrinated by the views of these mostly uneducted people with no real purpose in life other than to entertain. They have no morals or values. Care nothing about anything except making more money.
ids stop election fix

Chartley, MA

#9 Oct 6, 2008
it was funny, but alot of the funny things were true, just like when the peace activists get violent, and lib beliefs in general.....if obama gets in, he'll ban it i bet, fairness doctrine or someway to deny freedom of expression to others....one of many, protesters signs in the movie i thought were funny "its too cold, the sun is not the answer"...lol....libs are funny, but since they can vote, it isnt funny

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Airplane! Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Airplane' Star Julie Hagerty Does Old Navy (Feb '13) Feb '13 Joseph monaco 1
News Classics to warm up seasonal series | The Colum... (May '11) May '11 Mike Goffee 1
News Worth doing (Apr '11) Apr '11 Kelly 1
News This week's new film events (Feb '11) Feb '11 Fallen Idol 1
News Gone but not forgotten, 2010: Goodbye to some t... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Dawne 2
News Recount begins in Minnesota governor's race, wa... (Nov '10) Dec '10 Matt Is An Imbecile 12
News Shirley, he will be missed: Actor Leslie Nielse... (Nov '10) Dec '10 WARRIOR 9
More from around the web