Malden was icon of moral authority

Full story: LA Daily News 8
Back when we could still have faith in our institutions - financial and otherwise - it made absolute sense for American Express to tap Karl Malden as the signature TV spokesman for their famous motto "Don't Leave Home Without It." Malden, who died Wednesday at the age of 97, had by that time established himself as an icon of moral authority, the ... Full Story
william

Chengdu, China

#1 Jul 1, 2009
They welcome you to try all kinds.....They allow you to join for free......It is a dating place for singles========Cougar Circle . com =========.
Got it now

AOL

#2 Jul 1, 2009
Wow Mr. Malden was married to his wife for 71 years! Great pictures from a great man
David

San Diego, CA

#3 Jul 1, 2009
Got it now wrote:
Wow Mr. Malden was married to his wife for 71 years! Great pictures from a great man
71 years, Wow is right. Manslaughter or "crime of passion" and he would have been paroled 50yrs. ago, poor guy probably didn't know that.
a former subscriber

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Jul 1, 2009
I think that it's a safe bet that 50 years from now people will still enjoy movies like "Patton", "On the Waterfront" or "A Street Car Named Desire". Whereas Michael Jackson will be just a blip remembered as a weird pedophile who could sing & dance enough for dumbed so-called music fans. Didn't Milli Vanilli sell a lot of records too? Remember them?
Valhalla Books

Carson, CA

#5 Jul 1, 2009
I enjoyed watching Karl Malden as a child in the Streets of San Francisco, and fondly remember my mother telling me of how On The Waterfront reminded her of her father's life working on the docks. A truly remarkable and honest man. He will be missed.
Bebe

Sylmar, CA

#6 Jul 2, 2009
I just hope the "Streets of San Francisco" series makes a comeback for reruns on TV with Michael Douglas as his partner.
so what

Bangkok, Thailand

#7 Jul 2, 2009
Malden the hero and Whacko Jacko are gone.
Ipso Facto

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Jul 2, 2009
a former subscriber wrote:
I think that it's a safe bet that 50 years from now people will still enjoy movies like "Patton", "On the Waterfront" or "A Street Car Named Desire". Whereas Michael Jackson will be just a blip remembered as a weird pedophile who could sing & dance enough for dumbed so-called music fans. Didn't Milli Vanilli sell a lot of records too? Remember them?
Very well-said! Thanks for posting! Karl started out in the Actors Workshop in New York when it was just beginning. He did a ton of stage work.

He was really good as the priest in On the Waterfront.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

A Streetcar Named Desire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cate Blanchett said yes to Woody Allen, "Blue J... (Jul '13) Jul '13 x0x0x 1
Vivien Leigh (Jan '12) Jan '12 rhymie poemie grrl 1
Karl Malden, Oscar winner & acclaimed character... (Jul '09) Oct '10 sad 2
Marlon who? TV actor brings his own Stanley Kow... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Bucky Badger 1
which is your favourite Marlon Brando movie and... (May '10) May '10 lily 1
Happy Birthday, Marlon Brando, Stage and Motion... (Apr '09) Apr '10 jjray 6
Karl Malden Dies at the Age of 97 (Jul '09) Sep '09 anon 2

A Streetcar Named Desire People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE