Tom Hanks donates to Red Bluff State ...

Tom Hanks donates to Red Bluff State Theatre

There are 42 comments on the Red Bluff Daily News story from Jan 12, 2010, titled Tom Hanks donates to Red Bluff State Theatre. In it, Red Bluff Daily News reports that:

The State Theatre's newly refurbished doors will open to the community for some magical movie screenings thanks to a donation by actor Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Red Bluff Daily News.

lebowski

United States

#22 Jan 15, 2010
jen wrote:
I gotta ask, If people haste this town for bein so "coruppt" then why do you stay? Why not pack your bags and move on? Ive lived here all my life and no theres things i dont like about the way things are going, but right now this is the best place for my kids. now if you dont love it the feel free to leave it. Thank you again Tom for helping our town.<quoted text>
Hellping our town? He just pay two old fuhks for nothing, well its a tax write off aint it Tom
jen

Long Beach, CA

#23 Jan 15, 2010
wow someone sounds a little anger.. if you cant say something nice, then shut kcuf up. im so sick of people doin nothin but nihctib all the time. be thankful that someone has taken an interest in our town, so what if its a tax write off. at least someone is looking out for our town. its rude nasty people like you that cause celebs. like tom to say kcuf you. so tom if your reading these post let ME thank you.
lebowski wrote:
<quoted text>Hellping our town? He just pay two old fuhks for nothing, well its a tax write off aint it Tom
Female Red Bluff CA

Menlo Park, CA

#24 Jan 16, 2010
If you don't live here how can you judge???
Dave Slimmer

San Clemente, CA

#25 Jan 16, 2010
When I was just a kid the State used to have a Saturday afternoon movie. My folks dropped us off there one afternoon to see, "The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad." I thought I was going to see a pirate movie...
When I saw that big old one eye'd Cyclops coming out of that cave I realized this ain't no pirate movie.. Scared the taters out of me.

Thank You Tom Hanks.
fluhngduhng

Weed, CA

#26 Jan 16, 2010
Dave Slimmer wrote:
When I was just a kid the State used to have a Saturday afternoon movie. My folks dropped us off there one afternoon to see, "The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad." I thought I was going to see a pirate movie...
When I saw that big old one eye'd Cyclops coming out of that cave I realized this ain't no pirate movie.. Scared the taters out of me.
Thank You Tom Hanks.
Great post!
grateful

United States

#27 Jan 19, 2010
Well, I think it is really terrific that Tom Hanks made a donation to our local state theater. I am glad that he has family here, and has taken an interest in our community. I think the local theater board should make him an honorary member, and ask him, and director Ron Howard for ideas as to how the theater could be brought back to its former glory.
The Chamber of C. in their proposed focus on business/tourism through the job training center should view the state theater as a business and make it a target for securing grants. It is one of the last remaining "historic" buildings in Red Bluff. The RB city council should quit being so "short-sighted", learn to manage their books, and return the transient tax revenue back to the Chamber. This was the original intent for collecting these funds. Anywhere else, it would be considered theft.
joke

United States

#28 Jan 20, 2010
grateful wrote:
Well, I think it is really terrific that Tom Hanks made a donation to our local state theater. I am glad that he has family here, and has taken an interest in our community. I think the local theater board should make him an honorary member, and ask him, and director Ron Howard for ideas as to how the theater could be brought back to its former glory.
The Chamber of C. in their proposed focus on business/tourism through the job training center should view the state theater as a business and make it a target for securing grants. It is one of the last remaining "historic" buildings in Red Bluff. The RB city council should quit being so "short-sighted", learn to manage their books, and return the transient tax revenue back to the Chamber. This was the original intent for collecting these funds. Anywhere else, it would be considered theft.
Nice!
GrumpyOldMan

Palo Cedro, CA

#29 Jan 20, 2010
Funny take on Tom Hanks in Red Bluff:

http://www.merrystandish.com/standard.html
Pat Johnston

Stockton, CA

#30 Jan 20, 2010
me too wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW you go Pat! HeheÖ So much hatred for people in Tehama County. Maybe you should see a Doc cause all this hatred towards people is going to cause you to age faster and die early. Itís not good to have some much anger in you. I hear Yoga is good for you and meditation also helps. Unfortunately for you people just donít care about your opinion so I would really try to seek some peace in your life. GOOD LUCK WITH THATÖ.
Still don't own your words?

My dislike is directed at people like you who back corrupt politicians. I work out every day and have peace. I feel it is my calling to try to clean up the corruption in Tehama County, so maybe we can be a healthy and prosperous community like we used to be before the scourge of Koenig and his friends ruined the wholesome fabric of our town. Nothing has gone right since.

If your okay with that than stick your head back in the ground and continue on your road of apathy and denial. No one is stopping you. That you think I'm the bad guy, because I don't back down shows me your true charachter even without a real name. As far as people not wanting to hear my opinion. The blogs supporting me out way the blogs against me.

See, how I debated with you, without personal attacks. I would have more respect for your opinion if you would own it and debate the issues not the personality.
Pat Johnston

Stockton, CA

#31 Jan 20, 2010
jen wrote:
I gotta ask, If people haste this town for bein so "coruppt" then why do you stay? Why not pack your bags and move on? Ive lived here all my life and no theres things i dont like about the way things are going, but right now this is the best place for my kids. now if you dont love it the feel free to leave it. Thank you again Tom for helping our town.<quoted text>
What I don't understand is why your okay with the "things you don't like". Those things I don't like have to do with protecting our children from good ole' pedophiles. You should care, especially; because you have children. I pray your child will not be raped and sodomized, like what happened to my friends four-year old and then have good ole' boy law enforcement ignore and cover it up because the man who did this was a friend of ex-Sheriff Ron Koenig, and his wife, who videotaped the sexual assault, while her 11 year-old participated was the lead teacher for Tehama County Schools Developmentally Disabled Program and was hired after the "investigation" by all agencies involved, was hired at Juvenile Hall.

Parker and Cohen covered up that molestation and they have been covering for three county employees at the Juvenile Hall who was having sex, giving guns and drugs to minor gangbangers, in Juvie or out for the last five years. Hopefully, your children won't have adult's paid by the county steal their innocense.

This is your community and leaders you defend. I stay in Red Bluff, because I live it and it is my home and it is worth fighting for. Believe it or not I have lots of friends in the community who love and support me and lot's don't.
marvin williams

United States

#32 Jan 20, 2010
pat please put me in the don't column. I am really tired of your incessant babble that has no merit.
BSinRB

United States

#33 Jan 20, 2010
marvin williams wrote:
pat please put me in the don't column. I am really tired of your incessant babble that has no merit.
where theres smoke theres fire
jen

Long Beach, CA

#34 Jan 20, 2010
Your going down a road that ive all ready traveled. I work very hard to teach my kids right from wrong, not to talk to strangers, and never get in to someones car that they do not know. now as to things i dont like how do you know im not fighting the things that i dont like? and to tell you the truth, this has nothing to do with me Thanking Tom Hanks for his support to our town. theres just to many ungrateful people out there. Im sorry to hear about your friends 4yr old. my heart goes out to the child, because those scars never go away. now it time people stood up and said thank you to the people who have done good things. cuz just because you may be a star doesnt mean you forget your roots.
Pat Johnston wrote:
<quoted text>
What I don't understand is why your okay with the "things you don't like". Those things I don't like have to do with protecting our children from good ole' pedophiles. You should care, especially; because you have children. I pray your child will not be raped and sodomized, like what happened to my friends four-year old and then have good ole' boy law enforcement ignore and cover it up because the man who did this was a friend of ex-Sheriff Ron Koenig, and his wife, who videotaped the sexual assault, while her 11 year-old participated was the lead teacher for Tehama County Schools Developmentally Disabled Program and was hired after the "investigation" by all agencies involved, was hired at Juvenile Hall.
Parker and Cohen covered up that molestation and they have been covering for three county employees at the Juvenile Hall who was having sex, giving guns and drugs to minor gangbangers, in Juvie or out for the last five years. Hopefully, your children won't have adult's paid by the county steal their innocense.
This is your community and leaders you defend. I stay in Red Bluff, because I live it and it is my home and it is worth fighting for. Believe it or not I have lots of friends in the community who love and support me and lot's don't.
scott

Menlo Park, CA

#35 Mar 7, 2010
everyone knows this town is currupt thats not the point. we have a sheriff deparment that deals drugs and bust dealers that dont give them a fair cut. local PD that does what they want and act like the sh#t dont stink. i came back here after being in the military for four years i was offerd a law enforcment job. and turned it down while there is a lot of corruption most of us will never see it in our day to day lives. its not so bad that the good suffer under some sort of tyranny. so i say to you pat congrats for standing up to the man and wish you the best. please understand that most people will refuse to see whats infront of there face. there are also thouse of us that see and just dont care becuase in the end this is just one town we can move after all.
scott

Menlo Park, CA

#36 Mar 7, 2010
as far as the child molester there are permint ways to deal with thouse problems it would be up to the familys to take thouse matters in hand
jen

Long Beach, CA

#37 Mar 8, 2010
you know I pitty the people who live theyre lifes looking for all the bad in this world. I know there is alot of it, but we need to look at the good and enjoy what we can. im not saying let your gaurd down, just stop looking to trouble.
Pat Johnston

Hereford, AZ

#38 Mar 8, 2010
scott wrote:
everyone knows this town is currupt thats not the point. we have a sheriff deparment that deals drugs and bust dealers that dont give them a fair cut. local PD that does what they want and act like the sh#t dont stink. i came back here after being in the military for four years i was offerd a law enforcment job. and turned it down while there is a lot of corruption most of us will never see it in our day to day lives. its not so bad that the good suffer under some sort of tyranny. so i say to you pat congrats for standing up to the man and wish you the best. please understand that most people will refuse to see whats infront of there face. there are also thouse of us that see and just dont care becuase in the end this is just one town we can move after all.
Thanks Scott!
jen

Long Beach, CA

#39 Mar 8, 2010
scott wrote:
Not to be rude, but what does all of this have to do with the story at hand. Tom Hanks did something nice for our community, and everyone wants to talk about how corrupt Tehama County is, we all know this. so how about people Thank the good man and go on to something else
sa advocate

West Tehama County, CA

#40 Jul 13, 2011
jen wrote:
Your going down a road that ive all ready traveled. I work very hard to teach my kids right from wrong, not to talk to strangers, and never get in to someones car that they do not know..<quoted text>
Jen,

85% of all sexual assaults are comitted by someone the survivor/victim knows. Therefor teaching your kids to not talk to strangers and/or get into there cars, will not keep them safe.

I know this is off the original topic, but relates to a what you said in your post and a important statistic everyone should know.
mary Mclelland

Muskegon, MI

#41 Mar 9, 2015
I raised my children in Red Bluff. They graduated from Red Bluff High School. I met Tom Hanks when he was in the area due to a family illness. He was just as gratious in person as he appears on screen. I'm aware that he donated to local interests in the Red Bluff area and I applaud him. I worked for 23 years in law enforcement and can share a cute story involving Mr. Hanks. Mr. Hanks was driving on I5, rather quickly, which alerted a law enforcement unit. When he was stopped, he advised the officer that he was in a hurry because he was supposed to audition for a part in a sitcom in which he would have to dress up like a girl and pretend to be a girl. The officer told him to slow down and did not write a citation. I'm not sure the officer actually believed him at the time, but obviously that sitcom was a hit and Tom Hanks got the part

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

A League of Their Own Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Madonna's clothes from films, wedding auctioned (Nov '14) Nov '14 nikkihomeland 1
News Yesterday's News: Kentucky's first movie filmed... (May '13) May '13 666 fff 1
News Actress Geena Davis critical of Oscar host (Mar '13) Mar '13 USA Huh 1
News Madonna's new single, 'Give Me All Your Luvin' ... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Nice 1
News Penny Marshall Fans (Jan '12) Jan '12 Dolly 1
News Lori Petty gets probation in DUI case (Sep '09) Sep '09 SteveO 1
News Lori Petty Arrested For Driving Under Influence (Jun '09) Jul '09 bungeegee 4
More from around the web