Tom Hanks donates to Red Bluff State ...

Tom Hanks donates to Red Bluff State Theatre

There are 42 comments on the Red Bluff Daily News story from Jan 12, 2010, titled Tom Hanks donates to Red Bluff State Theatre. In it, Red Bluff Daily News reports that:

The State Theatre's newly refurbished doors will open to the community for some magical movie screenings thanks to a donation by actor Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Red Bluff Daily News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
jen

Westminster, CA

#1 Jan 12, 2010
wow, Thank you Tom Hanks for your support to our Little town. to bad it will close anyway.. Its nice to know we have an angel looking after us. Thank You
Curious

Shasta Lake, CA

#2 Jan 12, 2010
What is needed to keep the theatre open? Someone to run it? Maintenance? Is it going up for sale? Such a lose, its a beautiful building.
Rumor

Oroville, CA

#3 Jan 12, 2010
why are we putting money into it if closure is inevitable? and why is it closing?
Rumor

Oroville, CA

#4 Jan 12, 2010
And thank you Tom Hanks for looking after our little town your amazing!
Tom Frantz

United States

#5 Jan 12, 2010
I recently had an art showing at the theater and watched as people came in and saw the theater for the first time. Most folks said, "this place just takes you back to times past, how wonderful."
Tony Biscotti

Chico, CA

#6 Jan 12, 2010
It is very nice, even if it takes fifty years to refurbish, it is worth it
Al Reine

United States

#7 Jan 12, 2010
In Reality we have are own: Money Pit ! But Thank You Mr. Tom Hanks The Change in America is killing the Once Golden State !
someone who cares

United States

#8 Jan 12, 2010
thank you so much Tom Hanks for helping out our community. I appreciate your generosity!
Indianmade

Placerville, CA

#9 Jan 13, 2010
Why give the money away, when it could be used to paint the outside of the building. This town needs an affordable theatre and after 10 years of people working and supporting it tirelessly, it's amazing that no one ever got around to painting it. In fact, it wouldn't hy=urt the owners Ben Sale and Ron Clark to do something with their privater property if they are just going to let it sit there and continue to fall apart. For two very rich "philanthropists", they seem to want the community to pay for it and do all the work and they get all the glory.

They have the wrong [polly perfects "Venita Philbrook and the downtown mafia trying to get it together. They don't want the help of some people who really care what happens to it.

So, were going to give some money to Girls Incorruption, who always seem to be the first in line when their buddies at the county and schools are handing out free money, including hundreds of thousands of dollars in state grants, and they only serve a very small population of girls. How come Girl Scouts isn't ever considered or rolling in the dough like Girls Inc. They reach and meet hundreds of girls in Tehama County by teaching them how to be responsible and community oriented. When was the last time Girls Inc. did any community service for anyone but their polly-perfect selves?

Tom Hanks should hang onto his money, until the theatre is turned over to a responsible organization and not backed by corrupt politicians, good ole' boys and their polly perfect friends.

“Spreading Truth Wordwide”

Since: Nov 09

God Bless The USA

#10 Jan 13, 2010
Indianmade wrote:
Why give the money away, when it could be used to paint the outside of the building. This town needs an affordable theatre and after 10 years of people working and supporting it tirelessly, it's amazing that no one ever got around to painting it. In fact, it wouldn't hy=urt the owners Ben Sale and Ron Clark to do something with their privater property if they are just going to let it sit there and continue to fall apart. For two very rich "philanthropists", they seem to want the community to pay for it and do all the work and they get all the glory.
They have the wrong [polly perfects "Venita Philbrook and the downtown mafia trying to get it together. They don't want the help of some people who really care what happens to it.
So, were going to give some money to Girls Incorruption, who always seem to be the first in line when their buddies at the county and schools are handing out free money, including hundreds of thousands of dollars in state grants, and they only serve a very small population of girls. How come Girl Scouts isn't ever considered or rolling in the dough like Girls Inc. They reach and meet hundreds of girls in Tehama County by teaching them how to be responsible and community oriented. When was the last time Girls Inc. did any community service for anyone but their polly-perfect selves?
Tom Hanks should hang onto his money, until the theatre is turned over to a responsible organization and not backed by corrupt politicians, good ole' boys and their polly perfect friends.
yawn...... B O R I N G !

Isn't there a freeway nearby that you can play in?
ppm

Chico, CA

#11 Jan 14, 2010
Indianmade wrote:
Holy smokes... tell more
Tony Biscotti

Chico, CA

#12 Jan 14, 2010
General Johnson Jameson wrote:
<quoted text>
yawn...... B O R I N G !
Isn't there a freeway nearby that you can play in?
your not from around here, beat it
me too

Firebaugh, CA

#13 Jan 14, 2010
Indianmade wrote:
Well since you are so informed on whatís going on why donít you step forward and take charge? Why be such a coward and hide behind a name like Indianmade? Since you want to call Venita out she should have the same opportunity to call you out. Just amazing that everybody wants to criticize what everybody is doing and the ones criticizing are the ones sitting at home or behind a desk writing in on blogs instead and trying to do something to really make it better. So if you donít have the decency to step up to the plate and do something positive to help the State Theatre then go get a LIFEÖ.. Like they say crap or get off the potÖ
Pat Johnston

Stockton, CA

#15 Jan 14, 2010
me too wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since you are so informed on whatís going on why donít you step forward and take charge? Why be such a coward and hide behind a name like Indianmade? Since you want to call Venita out she should have the same opportunity to call you out. Just amazing that everybody wants to criticize what everybody is doing and the ones criticizing are the ones sitting at home or behind a desk writing in on blogs instead and trying to do something to really make it better. So if you donít have the decency to step up to the plate and do something positive to help the State Theatre then go get a LIFEÖ.. Like they say crap or get off the potÖ
I'll tell you.if you tell me. I tried to be a part of the State Theatre project from day one. Unfortunately,people like Venita are too intersted in scmoozing the corrupt good ole' boys and girls. You can't support people who protect pedophiles and expect good things, no matter how nice and hardworking you are. Lots of decent people like Venita lose my respect when they back up dirty politicians like Parker, Cohen and McIver, just to name a few.
Pat Johnston

Stockton, CA

#16 Jan 14, 2010
Your right! So now you know, I'm Indianmade and I'm on the war path trying to clean up Tehama County. I own my words, how about you? It is time for the corrpt politicians support group to be called on the carpet. I am sick and tired of these "decent" people supporting corrupt politicians and it is why God never blesses our town. Venita's nice enough, like many people in this town, they are lead around by their nose by bad people. Let's see if you can be upfront with who you really are. Ask Venita the real reason Larry Steven was let go when he was Mayor. Ask her the real reason, she turned on Susan Price? Ron Clark is just as bad. For all his airs of being a "philanthropist", he too backs corrupt politicians. What about all the money and improvements raised for the State Theatre , will that go back to the community or will Ben and Ron just make a lot of money off of it, when they sell it?
me too

Firebaugh, CA

#17 Jan 14, 2010
Pat Johnston wrote:
Your right! So now you know, I'm Indianmade and I'm on the war path trying to clean up Tehama County. I own my words, how about you? It is time for the corrpt politicians support group to be called on the carpet. I am sick and tired of these "decent" people supporting corrupt politicians and it is why God never blesses our town. Venita's nice enough, like many people in this town, they are lead around by their nose by bad people. Let's see if you can be upfront with who you really are. Ask Venita the real reason Larry Steven was let go when he was Mayor. Ask her the real reason, she turned on Susan Price? Ron Clark is just as bad. For all his airs of being a "philanthropist", he too backs corrupt politicians. What about all the money and improvements raised for the State Theatre , will that go back to the community or will Ben and Ron just make a lot of money off of it, when they sell it?
WOW you go Pat! HeheÖ So much hatred for people in Tehama County. Maybe you should see a Doc cause all this hatred towards people is going to cause you to age faster and die early. Itís not good to have some much anger in you. I hear Yoga is good for you and meditation also helps. Unfortunately for you people just donít care about your opinion so I would really try to seek some peace in your life. GOOD LUCK WITH THATÖ.
Female Red Bluff CA

Hayward, CA

#18 Jan 15, 2010
Can't anyone be thankful anymore, for a contribution made to society??? And it isn't like it is useless donation, the Red Bluff State Theater has provided many public and private events for this community for years, and hopefully many more years to come.

How can anyone say that closure is inevitable??? If anyone actually payed attention to the history of the building, it burnt down in 1944, and reconstruction was started in 1945. Someone cared enough back then when times were hard, why not now?

There is a reason this is called "The Historic Town of Red Bluff," it take a little more than just living here to know the history.
insidetrack

Chico, CA

#19 Jan 15, 2010
Female Red Bluff CA wrote:
Can't anyone be thankful anymore, for a contribution made to society??? And it isn't like it is useless donation, the Red Bluff State Theater has provided many public and private events for this community for years, and hopefully many more years to come.
How can anyone say that closure is inevitable??? If anyone actually payed attention to the history of the building, it burnt down in 1944, and reconstruction was started in 1945. Someone cared enough back then when times were hard, why not now?
There is a reason this is called "The Historic Town of Red Bluff," it take a little more than just living here to know the history.
You dodging the point, Red bluff is coruppt.
jen

Westminster, CA

#20 Jan 15, 2010
I gotta ask, If people haste this town for bein so "coruppt" then why do you stay? Why not pack your bags and move on? Ive lived here all my life and no theres things i dont like about the way things are going, but right now this is the best place for my kids. now if you dont love it the feel free to leave it. Thank you again Tom for helping our town.
insidetrack wrote:
<quoted text>You dodging the point, Red bluff is coruppt.
lebowski

Chico, CA

#21 Jan 15, 2010
jen wrote:
I gotta ask, If people haste this town for bein so "coruppt" then why do you stay? Why not pack your bags and move on? Ive lived here all my life and no theres things i dont like about the way things are going, but right now this is the best place for my kids. now if you dont love it the feel free to leave it. Thank you again Tom for helping our town.<quoted text>
This is america you dumb shiite, I will stay and chop the tryrants down to fertilize the Tree of Liberty,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

A League of Their Own Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Madonna's clothes from films, wedding auctioned (Nov '14) Nov '14 nikkihomeland 1
News Yesterday's News: Kentucky's first movie filmed... (May '13) May '13 666 fff 1
News Actress Geena Davis critical of Oscar host (Mar '13) Mar '13 USA Huh 1
News Madonna's new single, 'Give Me All Your Luvin' ... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Nice 1
News Penny Marshall Fans (Jan '12) Jan '12 Dolly 1
News Lori Petty gets probation in DUI case (Sep '09) Sep '09 SteveO 1
News Lori Petty Arrested For Driving Under Influence (Jun '09) Jul '09 bungeegee 4
More from around the web