Bruce Willis explains why Russia loves 'Die Hard'

Feb 11, 2013 Full story: Russia Beyond the Headlines

One of Russia's favorite Hollywood actors sat down with Rossiyskaya Gazeta's Marina Ochakovskaya before a screening of "A Good Day to Die Hard." Bruce Willis discussed filming in Moscow, why fans love the Die Hard series, and the ways in which he has grown along with his character, super-cop John McClane.

Full Story

“Hope for Best- Expect Worst”

Since: Jan 07

Somewhere in Colorado

#1 Feb 11, 2013
Bruce Willis: I think people love John McClane because heís not a superhero. Heís got no special skills or natural abilities. Heís just an ordinary guy who, when he finds himself in extreme situations, realizes that heís just got to fight. Otherwise, things wonít go well for him and his family. Thatís why itís not hard for viewers to put themselves in his shoes.

It's not difficult to see that John McClane is like the Russian people, who have had to fight off lots of catastrophies in its 1000 year history as a nation, from the Mongol hordes to the Nazis and the modern day carpetbaggers hoping to fanagle Russia's Resources and companies from Russia.

Like John McClane The Russians have been faced with tough situations, even impossible situations and throught their own fierce fighting and opposition came out winners. Go Russia.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

A Good Day to Die Hard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dyer movie farce has a dire weekend (Feb '13) Feb '13 disappointed 1
New Die Hard debuts at top of weekend box office (Feb '13) Feb '13 tha Professor 1
Bruce Willis: Don't infringe on Second Amendment (Feb '13) Feb '13 nICK 9
•••
•••

A Good Day to Die Hard People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••