Conn. lawyer withdraws $100M lawsuit over massacre
An international health body says measles cases surged in southern Pakistan in 2012, with hundreds of children dying of the disease.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVN Reno.
#1 Jan 3, 2013
Only a sleazy lawyer would take advantage of such a tragedy!
Saint Petersburg, FL
#3 Jan 3, 2013
We need a good lawyer,
In 1989, Joseph Wesbecker shot dead eight people and injured 12 others before killing himself at his place of work in Kentucky. Wesbecker had been taking the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) antidepressant fluoxetine for four weeks before these homicides, and this led to a legal action against the makers of fluoxetine, Eli Lilly . The case was tried and settled in 1994, and as part of the settlement a number of pharmaceutical company documents about drug-induced activation were released into the public domain. Subsequent legal cases, some of which are outlined below, have further raised the possibility of a link between antidepressant use and violence.
Nonetheless, when one particular drug in a class of nonaddictive drugs used to treat the same problem stands out, that suggests caution: unless the drug is being used to treat radically different groups of people, that drug may actually be the problem. Researchers calculated a ratio of risk for each drug compared to the others in the database, adjusting for various relevant factors that could create misleading comparisons.
10. Desvenlafaxine (Pristiq) An antidepressant which affects both serotonin and noradrenaline, this drug is 7.9 times more likely to be associated with violence than other drugs.
9. Venlafaxine (Effexor) A drug related to Pristiq in the same class of antidepressants, both are also used to treat anxiety disorders. Effexor is 8.3 times more likely than other drugs to be related to violent behavior.
8. Fluvoxamine (Luvox) An antidepressant that affects serotonin (SSRI), Luvox is 8.4 times more likely than other medications to be linked with violence
7.Triazolam (Halcion) A benzodiazepine which can be addictive, used to treat insomnia. Halcion is 8.7 times more likely to be linked with violence than other drugs, according to the study.
6) Atomoxetine (Strattera) Used to treat attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), Strattera affects the neurotransmitter noradrenaline and is 9 times more likely to be linked with violence compared to the average medication.
5) Mefoquine (Lariam) A treatment for malaria, Lariam has long been linked with reports of bizarre behavior. It is 9.5 times more likely to be linked with violence than other drugs.
4) Amphetamines:(Various) Amphetamines are used to treat ADHD and affect the brainís dopamine and noradrenaline systems. They are 9.6 times more likely to be linked to violence, compared to other drugs.
3) Paroxetine (Paxil) An SSRI antidepressant, Paxil is also linked with more severe withdrawal symptoms and a greater risk of birth defects compared to other medications in that class. It is 10.3 times more likely to be linked with violence compared to other drugs.
2) Fluoxetine (Prozac) The first well-known SSRI antidepressant, Prozac is 10.9 times more likely to be linked with violence in comparison with other medications.
1) Varenicline (Chantix) The anti-smoking medication Chantix affects the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor, which helps reduce craving for smoking. Unfortunately, itís 18 times more likely to be linked with violence compared to other drugs ó by comparison, that number for Xyban is 3.9 and just 1.9 for nicotine replacement. Because Chantix is slightly superior in terms of quit rates in comparison to other drugs, it shouldnít necessarily be ruled out as an option for those trying to quit, however.
Read more: http://healthland.time.com/2011/01/07/top-ten...
Add your comments below
|US marches for women's rights slam Trump, encou...||1 hr||Trump is a joke||52|
|Can You Name These Classic Rom-Com Leading Ladies?||Sun||waymore||1|
|Did actor John Goodman's wife know he was havin... (Apr '12)||Sat||Moose17||15|
|Black Lightning Charges Up in Extended 'Suit Up...||Jan 17||realtime update||4|
|Canadian films 'telling universal stories' head...||Jan 17||hjggurte||2|
|Minghella/Damon (1999): Thespian Exegesis||Jan 16||Abishai100||1|
|American Crime Story's Versace Doesn't Actually...||Jan 15||dtfiyo||1|
Find what you want!
Search Movies Forum Now
Copyright © 2018 Topix LLC