Did actor John Goodman's wife know he was having an affair?

Posted in the Movies Forum

freeburner54

Brisbane, Australia

#1 Apr 23, 2012
Actor John Goodman married Anna Beth Hartzog in October 1989. By the year 1997 Goodman was having sex with someone other than his wife with every indication the illicit affair may have started some years earlier. Did Anna Beth know of John's indiscretions?
Very few photos have been taken of the pair together and any that are in existance are mostly from their early days together.
Due to the identity of the other person in the sex video it is hard to imagine that Anna Beth did not know of John's antics. Some recent photos taken of Anna Beth show a weariness in her eyes and her cheeks show a flush that may suggest years of drowned sorrows.

Interviews with John Goodman after his move to sobriety suggest to me that his voluntary decision to lead a sober life was motivated more out of a need for self preservation rather than genuine remorse for past misdeeds.

My heart is broken

United States

#2 Mar 10, 2013
He was my hero!! I'm so lost now I thought he was a good guy i feel so lied to! All these years I find this out its 2013 how could I be so blind why John wwhhyy!?!???!
SLIF

Georgetown, Canada

#3 Mar 11, 2013
Please,God no!No more about fat husbands and skinny wives.
ijustknow

Bakersfield, CA

#4 Aug 28, 2013
My heart is broken wrote:
He was my hero!! I'm so lost now I thought he was a good guy i feel so lied to! All these years I find this out its 2013 how could I be so blind why John wwhhyy!?!???!
..... he was screwing hookers, but his wife wasnt innocent either, she was screwing her boxers she was promoting! They r both idiots who dont even care for each other!
ijustknow

Bakersfield, CA

#5 Aug 28, 2013
Yes she knew, but she was also screwing other people so she didn't care. He paid for hookers & she screwed the boxers she was promoting. Classy for a married couple ya think?! Absolute idiots
grrr

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Nov 10, 2013
SLIF wrote:
Please,God no!No more about fat husbands and skinny wives.
Umm dude wtf not all husbands cheat om their qives some people actually care stupid
Hank Stamper

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Dec 14, 2013
No - he was screwing the boxers' girlfriends and she was doing it to her yoga instructor and a guy she met at the mall.
Terry

Euclid, OH

#8 Dec 17, 2013
Wow, you all know for sure he and his wife were cheating? How do you know? Which tabloid? Leave them alone they are married that's what we know for "sure".
queenb72

Tampa, FL

#9 Feb 16, 2014
My heart is broken wrote:
Ummm he ain't Ur husband DAMN PSYCHO!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Movies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stevie - (Oct '07) Sep 17 Tim Smith 161
Worst Godzilla Movies Sep 12 Kid_Tomorrow 2
...G.W...Bush...artist... Sep 12 Kid_Tomorrow 3
Newport Beach Film Festivalís Autumn Deadline A... Sep 10 newport2 1
Toronto Film Festival to kick off season of buzz Sep 10 Hyperbolic 2
Cuban Artist Doc Alumbrones Argues That Great A... Sep 9 Sweden forever 1
Worst Movie Of All Time Sep 4 Kid_Tomorrow 5
•••
•••

Movies People Search