Canadian Actor Kristen Holden-Reid

Posted in the Movies Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
OLIVIA

United States

#1 Aug 29, 2007
Does anyone know ANYTHING about this wonderful actor? His performance, in "The Tudors", was so compelling that I am almost obsessed with finding out more about him. He must be a very private person because there is very little information about him.
OLIVIA

United States

#2 Aug 30, 2007
I just saw the movie "Hendrix", in which, Holden-Reid play the role of Owen Redding. This actor can express SO MUCH with his eyes!! I predict that this man will be a major star. He's wonderful.
OLIVIA

United States

#3 Aug 30, 2007
I just watched Holden-Reid's performance in "Hendrix". He played the role of Noel Redding. This actor can express SO MUCH with just his eyes and the tenor of his voice !! And, he is just so damned SEXY.
muchado

Melfort, Canada

#5 Sep 1, 2007
OLIVIA wrote:
Does anyone know ANYTHING about this wonderful actor? His performance, in "The Tudors", was so compelling that I am almost obsessed with finding out more about him. He must be a very private person because there is very little information about him.
You're so funny! What do you like so much about him? You should check out Big Girl, it's just a short, but it's his best work, I think
OLIVIA

United States

#6 Sep 4, 2007
muchado wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so funny! What do you like so much about him? You should check out Big Girl, it's just a short, but it's his best work, I think
What do I like so much about him? What is not to like??????????
He is obviously a highly skilled actor. His scene, in "The Tudors", when he kisses Thomas Tallis was magnificent. His expertise conveyed that this scene was not about lust or even sex. It was about love. Any actor, who could kiss another, with such tenderness and gentleness, knows what real love is about. Even though that scene was two men, it made me envious...I would dearly love to be kissed like that.
In "Hendrix", his role was small, but arresting. He acts with his entire being. He puts EVERYTHING into it.
And, on top of all this, he is just downright SEXY, SEXY, SEXY.
OLIVIA

United States

#7 Sep 4, 2007
Kristen Holden-Reid should have had the role of Henry, in "The Tudors". He is 10 times the actor Jonathan Whats-His-Name is. Henry could be extremely charming and not once was Jonathan able to convey this charm. And, not once did Jonathan's smile ever reach his eyes. His performance, in my opinion, was stiff and unconvincing. Kristen's acting, however, conveyed so much to the audience. His body language, the expression in his eyes, his mouth, his face, the tone of his voice...There is no doubt, in my mind, that if he had had the role of Henry, Henry's charm and personality would have been truly revealed. Jonathan's portrayal left the audience with only a 2 dimensional portrayal of Henry.
In addition, Kristen fit the physical profile of Henry much better than Jonathan.
OLIVIA

United States

#8 Sep 4, 2007
I'm having a very difficult time finding a copy of "Big Girl" because it is a Canadian film.(This country (U.S.A.) is so lame sometimes.)
OLIVIA

United States

#9 Sep 5, 2007
Hey, Muchado: Come back and advise me where I can find a copy of "Big Girl". Is there a Canadian website where I can order it?
OLIVIA

United States

#10 Sep 6, 2007
I forgot to mention that this actor must be highly intelligent. He is not one of those "bimbo" actors.
OLIVIA

United States

#11 Sep 7, 2007
Well, my research reveals that I am probably not going to be able to get a copy of "Big Girl". As far as I can tell, it is not on DVD, because it is a "short".(I wasn't aware anyone made "short" movies until now!) I'm going to order a copy of "A Stone's Throw", however. The review I read said it was well-acted and well-directed.
OLIVIA

United States

#12 Sep 10, 2007
OLIVIA wrote:
Well, my research reveals that I am probably not going to be able to get a copy of "Big Girl". As far as I can tell, it is not on DVD, because it is a "short".(I wasn't aware anyone made "short" movies until now!) I'm going to order a copy of "A Stone's Throw", however. The review I read said it was well-acted and well-directed.
Apparently, "A Stone's Throw" has not yet been released. So, once again, I must wait....
HillBilly

United States

#14 Sep 14, 2007
OLIVIA wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, "A Stone's Throw" has not yet been released. So, once again, I must wait....
Good things come to those who wait.
OLIVIA

United States

#15 Sep 19, 2007
HillBilly: I see you are from Tulsa. Is your real name M_rg__?
HillBilly

United States

#16 Sep 21, 2007
OLIVIA wrote:
HillBilly: I see you are from Tulsa. Is your real name M_rg__?
Clever girl.
I agree with your assessment of Holden-Reid's acting ability. He should go far.
I think he is highly intelligent, exudes (oozes, in fact) what could be termed "fatal charm", and he knows it. He is graceful in his movements and is obviously VERY comfortable with and about his body.(And a beautiful one it is.) His intelligence, personality, good looks, charm, beautiful body could be a deadly combination, don't you think?
:)
HillBilly

United States

#17 Sep 28, 2007
I think the Canadian actor, Kris Holden-Reid, deserves better recognition and press coverage. I would compare his acting skills with Al Pacino. When one sees them perform, one does not see the actor. One sees the character they portray. It is like this: When you watch Clint Eastwood, you see Clint Eastwood rather than the character. Same with Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Russell Crowe, etc. Holden-reid and Pacino can not only look very different, from one film to another, but they have the ability, skills, etc. to transform themselves into the character they portray. I never tire of watching either of them.
HillBilly

United States

#18 Oct 5, 2007
I bought a copy of "A Touch Of Pink" and watched it last night. Once again, Holden-Reid pulls it off with such aplomb. Why have we poor Americans not heard of and seen more of this actor?????
Wes

Evansville, WI

#19 Mar 21, 2008
I love Kristen Holden Reid in the Touch of Pink, and in the Tudors. I would like to see more of him.
Jane

Seoul, Korea

#20 Jul 22, 2008
I am so so so curious
Is he gay in real life?
Does anyone know?
Sarah

Memphis, TN

#21 Mar 13, 2009
Kristen also plays Wayne Gretzky in the movie Waking up Wally. He's an excellent hockey player.
Sal

Toronto, Canada

#22 Mar 22, 2009
I have met him in real life, and have to say, he is hotter. He is a great actor and good person in real life. If you ever get the chance to meet him, it will be incredible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Movies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News John Heard, Chester Bennington, Martin Landau a... 2 hr a swa ff 1
Goodfellas Unrated Cut (May '14) 14 hr tom 4
News Watch the Wonder Woman Premiere Live Stream 14 hr tom 3
News Michelle Rodriguez Threatens Fast and Furious 9... Fri tyu 3
Updated list of the best off the beaten path mo... Jul 19 jmoney312 1
Review: Arthur Jul 13 ARTHUR MOVIE 1
Review: Alvin and the Chipmunks Jul 13 ALVIN AND THE CHI... 1
More from around the web