The Keddie cabin murders - 1981

Posted in the Movies Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: May 08

Toronto

#1 May 24, 2008
"On April 11th, 1981, in a small resort cabin nestled in the Hills of northern California, a triple murder took place so horrific it still haunts the area to this day.

That morning around 9:00a.m., Sheila Sharp, who had stayed the night at a neighborÂ’s house not more than 15 feet away, walked through her front door, not knowing what she was about to see would change her life forever. Directly inside, on the floor, were her 16 year old brother, John Sharp, and his 17 year old friend, Dana Wingate. Both were bound hand and foot, stabbed, and hammered to death. There was blood on every surface of the cabin. On the blood-soaked couch was her mother, Sue Sharp, also murdered in the same brutal fashion. Amazingly, her 2 younger brothers and a friend were in a back bedroom, untouched. However, her younger sister, Tina, was missing.

The walls had cuts on them, the furniture was busted up, and the victims were beaten. However, no one seemed to hear anything that night. The case quickly grew cold, and rumors of the town being haunted hurt the community so deeply it eventually became a ghost town, with only a hand full of residence living there today.

To this day, the case remains unsolved.

This site is dedicated to helping the living victims of these crimes get closure, and bring a cold-hearted killer to justice. There are many leads and suspects still out there." ( www.cabin28.com )

Apparantly the movie The Strangers ( http://movietrailerlive.com/ct_0008_TheStrang... ) is based on these events. The trailer is one of the freakiest I've ever seen.

Since: May 08

Toronto

#2 May 24, 2008
[url=http://movietrailerlive.c om/ct_0008_TheStrangers_B]The Strangers trailer[/url]
sandi

Winnfield, LA

#3 May 26, 2008
Omg did they ever find Tina?
Kevin

Oviedo, FL

#4 May 26, 2008
Yes, they did. 3 years later they found remains of her decapitated head nearby.
Kristin

Randolph, MA

#5 May 30, 2008
Eww! thats really disgusting.
shogun

Woodside, NY

#6 Jun 1, 2008
dont waste ur time or money on the strangers. i saw it and it sucks.
amy

Higginsville, MO

#7 Jun 2, 2008
the strangers was worth it-every bit....i was absolutely terrified.

a good movie(which the strangers was) didn't have an overabundant amount of gore, but was realllly bloody suspenseful.

i can see how the movie would be inspired by the keddie murder, the movie reminds me a lot of the case....

it's eerie to think that the murders are still unsolved.
jeremy

Vandalia, OH

#8 Jun 6, 2008
i just saw the movie "the strangers" tonight with my wife and i loved it. great movie in my opinion.. what really gets you about this movie is the fact that it was inspired by true events. it certainly hooked me in and i've been absoletly terrified at the fact that i've found the real case of what the movie was loosely based off of. i have never heard of this case before the movie came out but have found it via internet trying to find out the real story behind the movie. i feel such remorse for the victims and the victims family... the scariest part, the killers were nevered identified. that just makes the movie all the more surreal and all the more frightening. there are people like those in this case and in the movie all around us and sometimes we may not even know it.
Dana

United States

#9 Jun 9, 2008
Does anyone know what became of the three survivors?
Margaret

Apollo Beach, FL

#10 Jun 19, 2008
I seen the movie The Strangers last nite and I would have to say it was a good movie, it kept me on the edge of my seat.
brian

United States

#11 Jun 21, 2008
Few years later police found tina 's head by digging down the hill.
Kelly

AOL

#12 Sep 18, 2008
I just read about the Keddies Murders..Freaky!! I am a HUGE fan of the movie the Strangers. I do know that the movie was based, in part on 3 different events..the Keddies Murders, the Manson Family Murders, and the murders of Kristin McFadden and James Hoyt in Charleston, SC
the master d bater

Garden City, MI

#13 Oct 31, 2008
wow that is very bad. o arth tho that is awsome, thtis sucks vased= mc2 - e and then the there is weird
lyndsayyy

Wake Forest, NC

#14 Jan 26, 2009
i think the straners was a really good movie, but honestly what does this have to do with the keddie murders? The stangers was scary when i watched it but now i know that the movie had nothing to do with masks and people making other people crazy. The keddie murders just reveal a terrible murder, but it could have been very quick. The strangers was a really scary movie until I figured out that it wasn't anything like that. Did the ever find anything out that happened with the people?
Bob and Betty

Bristol, CT

#15 Apr 17, 2009
This movie was very scary. It scared the living POOP outta us. It was our first time watching it together, and we put the movie on at 4:05. Scarry SHIT dude.
unknown

Orangevale, CA

#16 Jun 13, 2009
Tina's head was found 3 years later in Feather Falls , Ca. about 50 mile's away ! He Skeletal remain's were found in 2002 nearby !
unknown

Orangevale, CA

#17 Jun 13, 2009
It say's I live in Rocklin, but I live in Berry Creek , Ca. About 30 miles from the Murder site and about 30 mile's from Tina's dump site.
unkown

Eugene, OR

#18 Jun 23, 2009
What do you mean her skeletal remains were found? Where did you hear that?
anon

UK

#20 Jul 17, 2009
just seen the strangers and it was crap yes it may be based on true events but which ones, although i did not enjoy it it seemed like it was not twisted (which i liked) like most films like that eg: texas chainsaw massacre there was no family and no lether face!
Serena

Hanover, NH

#21 Jul 26, 2009
The strangers was VERY scary to me. But I guess its because I actually imagine myself in the events going on in the movies I watch. But I just wanted to let eveeryone know that they will start production on The Strangers 2 in October!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Movies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Finding Dory - Movie Review Sat Kelly - D J 2
News Happy 50th birthday, Michael J. Fox (Jun '11) Fri rubytuesday 4
The 10 Best movies you should watch with your m... Jul 21 Reece Wong 4
Which is the most anticipated movies in late 2016 Jul 21 mcpinc 1
What is the best Kids & family movies 2016 Jul 21 mcpinc 1
News Stranger Things Is the Best-Ever Miniseries Ada... Jul 20 jordan wethington 1
i am a sex addict at THE UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN Jul 20 horny Man 1
More from around the web