Love Free or Die

Love Free or Die

There are 26 comments on the Mountain Xpress story from Jun 12, 2012, titled Love Free or Die. In it, Mountain Xpress reports that:

OK, so the filmmaking of Love Free or Die is a little on the flat-footed side ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mountain Xpress.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Jun 12, 2012
from

"The film’s biggest drawback is that it sometimes lacks energy—which makes the outspoken presence of Bishop Barbara Harris even welcome ..."

Ironic that Harris is probably the most masculine voice of the entire film.

Since: Jun 12

Jalandhar, India

#2 Jun 13, 2012
Love free i think is a good option.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#3 Jun 13, 2012
Love is a free gift.

Otherwise there a conditions and God's love in UNconditional..........

see Matthew 5

Love for Enemies

43 “You have heard that it was said,‘Love your neighbor[i] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

“Ecce! Sic transit gloria mundi”

Since: Oct 10

I See New Jerusalem From Here.

#4 Jun 13, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
Love is a free gift.
Otherwise there a conditions and God's love in UNconditional..........
see Matthew 5
Love for Enemies
43 “You have heard that it was said,‘Love your neighbor[i] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Would Saul of Tarsus approve? Yes! Now isn't the very mother of all paradoxes? Reference 1 Corinthians 13

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#5 Jun 14, 2012
T McCabe wrote:
<quoted text>
Would Saul of Tarsus approve? Yes! Now isn't the very mother of all paradoxes? Reference 1 Corinthians 13
Joie sure got quiet....
JEHOVAH is GOD

Tulsa, OK

#6 Jun 14, 2012
Man is created in the image of God, that means he is created with the ability to love, he is not created loving.

1John 4:8 shows Almighty God Jehovah to be love,
that Scripture tells us alot about our heavenly Father. It is because Jehovah God is also powerful and just, that means his love is not unconditional.

Our heavenly Father expects us to be obedient children, he wants us to love him and serve him in obedience to his son Jesus' direction.
2 Peter 3:11,12
George

Jacksonville, FL

#7 Jun 14, 2012
JEHOVAH is GOD wrote:
Man is created in the image of God, that means he is created with the ability to love, he is not created loving.
1John 4:8 shows Almighty God Jehovah to be love,
that Scripture tells us alot about our heavenly Father. It is because Jehovah God is also powerful and just, that means his love is not unconditional.
Our heavenly Father expects us to be obedient children, he wants us to love him and serve him in obedience to his son Jesus' direction.
2 Peter 3:11,12
Sorry friend but I disagree with howyou expressed that. God loves all of us - enough to purchase our redemption at an enormous cost. For while we were yet sinners, God sent His Son.... That is unconditional love. But because His love is unconditional, we can turn from that love and choose to walk in darkness. He loves us that much that if we choose the darkness, He will give us the desire of our hearts. He desires our obedience to be sure but knows that we have failed and will fail again.
JEHOVAH is GOD

Tulsa, OK

#8 Jun 14, 2012
Unconditional love means that you will be loved no matter what you do, you can always rely on that love because you cannot kill it.

Do not even think that God thinks like man, he does not. He expects man to follow his direction for their happiness, and if you don't you will suffer and pay the consequences. Galatians 6:7,8

Jehovah God loves his earthly children IF they are exerting effort to be true Christians, that means that you are trying to live as Jesus is directing us today. John 3:16 and 36
George

Jacksonville, FL

#9 Jun 14, 2012
JEHOVAH is GOD wrote:
Jehovah God loves his earthly children IF they are exerting effort to be true Christians, that means that you are trying to live as Jesus is directing us today. John 3:16 and 36
Not so. "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." You posit that man can earn God's love - that it depends on what we do. Jesus looked at the rich young ruler with love even though the young man turned away when Jesus told him what he had to do to inherit eternal life. He dealt with the woman at the well with love, even though she lived in sin with a man not her husband. He saved the woman caught in adultery through His love and only then commended her to sin no more. God's love is evidenced by His creation - a creation enjoyed by all His creatures. And the One He sent to save mankind died for all - he didn't wait for all to repent. He did not wait for all to accept Him. He died for all. That is unconditional love.
George

Jacksonville, FL

#10 Jun 14, 2012
I think we are really talking about two different things. God's love for us is entirely unmerited. It is the very essence of grace. We cannot earn it. He loves us not because of what we do but becaause of who He is. A love relationship WITH God is only possible as we express love to God. Salvation is not universal. It is not to and for all who refuse His call to be in relationship with Him. In that sense, I agree that His "love" (salvation) is not "unconditional" but is only for those who confess with their lips that Jesus is Lord and beleive in their hearts that God raised Him from the dead.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#11 Jun 15, 2012
You should have stopped at the first two sentences.

After that it's just bigoted hateful lies.....

“Ecce! Sic transit gloria mundi”

Since: Oct 10

I See New Jerusalem From Here.

#12 Jun 15, 2012
George wrote:
I think we are really talking about two different things. God's love for us is entirely unmerited. It is the very essence of grace. We cannot earn it. He loves us not because of what we do but becaause of who He is. A love relationship WITH God is only possible as we express love to God. Salvation is not universal. It is not to and for all who refuse His call to be in relationship with Him. In that sense, I agree that His "love" (salvation) is not "unconditional" but is only for those who confess with their lips that Jesus is Lord and beleive in their hearts that God raised Him from the dead.
But Christ Jesus taught us something totally different then the man made tradition you cling to in your very limited view of 'faith'.

It seems that good acts are essential to salvation as proof of a loving soul. But what the heck, what would Christ Jesus the Lord of Judgment Day know about the rules He would use to judge all mankind. Saul of Tarsus the killer of the Saints wasn’t there to advise Him. Poor Christ Jesus.

31 “When the Son of Man shall come in His glory and all the holy angels with Him, then shall He sit upon the throne of His glory.

32 And before Him shall be gathered all nations, and He shall separate them one from another as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats.

33 And He shall set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on His right hand,‘Come, ye blessed of My Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

35 For I hungered, and ye gave Me meat; I was thirsty, and ye gave Me drink; I was a stranger, and ye took Me in;

36 naked, and ye clothed Me; I was sick, and ye visited Me; I was in prison, and ye came unto Me.’

37 Then shall the righteous answer Him, saying,‘Lord, when saw we Thee hungering and fed Thee, or thirsty and gave Thee drink?

38 When saw we Thee a stranger and took Thee in, or naked and clothed Thee?

39 Or when saw we Thee sick, or in prison, and came unto Thee?’

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them,‘Verily I say unto you, inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these My brethren, ye have done it unto Me.’

41 “Then shall He say also unto them on the left hand,‘Depart from Me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

42 For I hungered, and ye gave Me no meat; I was thirsty, and ye gave Me no drink;

43 I was a stranger, and ye took Me not in; naked, and ye clothed Me not; sick and in prison, and ye visited Me not.’

44 Then shall they also answer Him, saying,‘Lord, when saw we Thee hungering or athirst or a stranger, or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister unto Thee?’

45 Then shall He answer them, saying,‘Verily I say unto you, inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to Me.’

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into life eternal.”

Matthew 25 = All actions of love and kindness with no reference to beliefs or ceremonies.

Crucify Him!
George

Jacksonville, FL

#13 Jun 15, 2012
Perhaps you wouild like to explain:

“16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”

John 3:36 says:

"He who believes in the Son has eternal life; he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God rests upon him.”
George

Jacksonville, FL

#14 Jun 15, 2012
Or if you don't like the Gospel of John, how about
Mark 16:16 (NKJV)
16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#15 Jun 15, 2012
John 14:2

There are many lodgings in my Father's house, and if not, I would have told you, because I go to prepare a place for you.”

1 Peter

8 More than anything, keep loving each other actively; because love covers many sins.

1 John 4:8

Because God is love, and everyone who does not love does not know God.

“Ecce! Sic transit gloria mundi”

Since: Oct 10

I See New Jerusalem From Here.

#16 Jun 16, 2012
George wrote:
Perhaps you wouild like to explain:
“16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”
John 3:36 says:
"He who believes in the Son has eternal life; he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God rests upon him.”
Ask Christ Jesus why He didn't write His message down for us. Also what language He wrote it in or used when He gave the quote.

He alone knows the true answer all we have is hearsay accounts written decades after His death by unknown authors.

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#17 Jun 16, 2012
George wrote:
Or if you don't like the Gospel of John, how about
Mark 16:16 (NKJV)
16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.
The whole of Christiannity is summed up in that one verse.

Non-Christians CANNOT see the Kingdom Of Heaven. If you accept that verse as true, then you accept Christianity. If you do NOT accept that verse as true, then you reject Christianity.

“Ecce! Sic transit gloria mundi”

Since: Oct 10

I See New Jerusalem From Here.

#18 Jun 18, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole of Christiannity is summed up in that one verse.
Non-Christians CANNOT see the Kingdom Of Heaven. If you accept that verse as true, then you accept Christianity. If you do NOT accept that verse as true, then you reject Christianity.
Christ Jesus did not need to be baptized yet He allowed himself to be baptized by John.

If we all must die because Adam sinned then perhaps we are all saved by the baptism of Christ Jesus.

Just an idea and who was it that called Christ Jesus the Second Adam?

Since: Apr 12

Sangrur, India

#19 Jul 16, 2012
Die !

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#20 Jul 16, 2012
feelgood682 wrote:
Die !
What a shame !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Movies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
X Men Apocalypse Movie Trailer Tue joyesthomas 1
News Cannes: - The Happiest Day in the Life' Wins Un... May 21 Duke for Mayor 1
About The Good, the Bad and the Ugly film. (Jan '15) May 20 movie 17
News Summer's Diversity On The Big Screen: From Film... May 19 Sheri 2
News Katy Perry rocked the amfAR gala red carpet. May 19 Duke for Mayor 1
News 'Captain Fantastic' is a Swiss Family Robinson ... May 18 Sheri 1
News Who's the most popular Khan? (Oct '11) May 18 anand 380
More from around the web