Mitt Romney's Loss Re-Examined

Full story: ABC News 124
Republican presidential candidate and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney concedes at his election night rally, Nov. Full Story
Too many ignorant people

Salt Lake City, UT

#119 Nov 12, 2012
TexasStar wrote:
QUOTE - Too many ignorant people think Obama lost because the United States is full of morons.
Response: Can someone clue Too Many Ignorant People that Obama won!! he seems to be bemoaning
Obama's loss - and he thinks there are too many ignorant people, yikes! I guess he should know,
since he is one.
I meant to say that Romney lost because the United States is full of morons.
chickpea

Seattle, WA

#120 Nov 12, 2012
Too many ignorant people wrote:
I am 91 years old and I can honestly say that America is going to crap. When I was growing up, people used to respect their elders and we didn't have all these social programs that we have today. America is eventually going to go bankrupt if we keep giving handouts to the lazy people and illegals. Romney would have been much better for this country. Marriage and family values used to be a sacred thing when I was a young man; now people get divorced like crazy. Today women can cry sexual harrassment in the workplace for almost any reason and get a co-worker fired even if there accusations are unfounded. We didn't have this kind of nonsense when I was employed. Companies used to actually care about their works but now they will fire for any reason. There just is no job security. Even 30 years ago, we didn't have all these illegals that we have today and we actually had a president that knew how to run the country. Reagan was far better than Obama can ever dream about becomming.
Sir, unfortunately for you, times have changed.
Too many ignorant people

Salt Lake City, UT

#121 Nov 12, 2012
KIP wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. If it were true, then there would be no need for companies to import educated people from eastern europe, Asia, and India for engineering jobs. If what you're saying were actually true, then there wouldn't be such an influx of registered nurses from Africa to American hospitals. When people are educated they seek opportunities that require education. America is the land opportunity. We need people with education and advanced degrees to teach, engineer, manage, and do other job that require ideas, innovation, and informed knowledge.
As far as educating illegal aliens is concerned, they wouldn't be here in the first place if other people were not paying them to perform cheap labor.
Where have you been all your life?
Today, college degrees and given out like candy because the schools have watered down the classes so that most people can pass them, when the classes should require hard work and superior intelligence to pass. This is one of the reasons why people like my grandson can't find a job in his field even though he has a master's degree. My son is very gifted but has aspergers so it makes it very difficult to conduct good interviews. If so many people didn't have degrees, then they would be more valuable. It called scarcity of resources. When resources are scarce, they are worth more, but when they are adbundant, they are worth less. That goes the same with college degrees; the more scarce they are, the more valuable they are. People want to think that the world would be a wonderful utopia if the majority of people were educated but the opposite would be true. For the people who are uneducated, it would be that much harder to find a job because the qualifications would be higher. For the people that are educated, it would be much harder to find a job because of the fierce competition. Having a large number of educated people can actually not be a benefit to either group.
Too many ignorant people

Salt Lake City, UT

#122 Nov 12, 2012
Sorry I had a typo in my last comment. I meant to say my grandson is very gifted. I am 91 years old so sometimes I make little mistakes in my typing. Today, college degrees and given out like candy because the schools have watered down the classes so that most people can pass them, when the classes should require hard work and superior intelligence to pass. This is one of the reasons why people like my grandson can't find a job in his field even though he has a master's degree. My grandson is very gifted but has aspergers so it makes it very difficult to conduct good interviews. If so many people didn't have degrees, then they would be more valuable. It called scarcity of resources. When resources are scarce, they are worth more, but when they are adbundant, they are worth less. That goes the same with college degrees; the more scarce they are, the more valuable they are. People want to think that the world would be a wonderful utopia if the majority of people were educated but the opposite would be true. For the people who are uneducated, it would be that much harder to find a job because the qualifications would be higher. For the people that are educated, it would be much harder to find a job because of the fierce competition. Having a large number of educated people can actually not be a benefit to either group.
speak

Santa Fe, NM

#123 Nov 12, 2012
<quoted text>
for yourself
Mitch Robme

Waxahachie, TX

#124 Nov 12, 2012
Republicans lost because they have no relevance in today's world.
Mitch Robme

Waxahachie, TX

#125 Nov 12, 2012
Reagan was far better than Obama can ever dream about becomming.
Reagan acted the role of President very well. But Obama is much smarter and a better real President.
Too many ignorant people

Salt Lake City, UT

#126 Nov 12, 2012
Mitch Robme wrote:
<quoted text>Reagan acted the role of President very well. But Obama is much smarter and a better real President.
You are going to tell me that a man who created 6 trillion dollars of new debt, massively ran up the printing press, and gave bailouts to the failing businesses is a smart man. Please, my 15 year old great-grandson could do a better job of running this country.

“I can see better with”

Since: Mar 11

my eyes closed

#127 Nov 13, 2012
Sorry I had a typo in my last comment. I meant to say my grandson is very gifted. I am 91 years old so sometimes I make little mistakes in my typing. Today, college degrees and given out like candy because the schools have watered down the classes so that most people can pass them, when the classes should require hard work and superior intelligence to pass. This is one of the reasons why people like my grandson can't find a job in his field even though he has a master's degree. My grandson is very gifted but has aspergers so it makes it very difficult to conduct good interviews. If so many people didn't have degrees, then they would be more valuable. It called scarcity of resources. When resources are scarce, they are worth more, but when they are adbundant, they are worth less. That goes the same with college degrees; the more scarce they are, the more valuable they are. People want to think that the world would be a wonderful utopia if the majority of people were educated but the opposite would be true. For the people who are uneducated, it would be that much harder to find a job because the qualifications would be higher. For the people that are educated, it would be much harder to find a job because of the fierce competition. Having a large number of educated people can actually not be a benefit to either group.
you will 96 when Obama leaves office and still be on topix criticising Obama-SMH
Therealnews com

Islip, NY

#128 Nov 13, 2012
<quoted text>
The President’s Opening Bid on a Grand Bargain: Aim High
By Robert Reich / November 12, 2012 / http://tinyurl.com/aevft55
I hope the President starts negotiations over a “grand bargain” for deficit reduction by aiming high. After all, he won the election. And if the past four years has proven anything it’s that the White House should not begin with a compromise.

Assuming the goal is $4 trillion of deficit reduction over the next decade (that’s the consensus of the Simpson-Bowles commission, the Congressional Budget Office, and most independent analysts), here’s what the President should propose:
First, raise taxes on the rich – and by more than the highest marginal rate under Bill Clinton or even a 30 percent (so-called Buffett Rule) minimum rate on millionaires. Remember: America’s top earners are now wealthier than they’ve ever been, and they’re taking home a larger share of total income and wealth than top earners have received in over 80 years.

Why not go back sixty years when Americans earning over $1 million in today’s dollars paid 55.2 percent of it in income taxes, after taking all deductions and credits? If they were taxed at that rate now, they’d pay at least $80 billion more annually — which would reduce the budget deficit by about $1 trillion over the next decade. That’s a quarter of the $4 trillion in deficit reduction right there.

A 2% surtax on the wealth of the richest one-half of 1 percent would bring in another $750 billion over the decade. A one-half of 1 percent tax on financial transactions would bring in an additional $250 billion.

Add this up and we get $2 trillion over ten years — half of the deficit-reduction goal.
Raise the capital gains rate to match the rate on ordinary income and cap the mortgage interest deduction at $12,000 a year, and that’s another $1 trillion over ten years. So now we’re up to $3 trillion in additional revenue.

Eliminate special tax preferences for oil and gas, price supports for big agriculture, tax breaks and research subsidies for Big Pharma, unnecessary weapons systems for military contractors, and indirect subsidies to the biggest banks on Wall Street, and we’re nearly there.

End the Bush tax cuts on incomes between $250,000 and $1 million, and — bingo — we made it:$4 trillion over 10 years.

And we haven’t had to raise taxes on America’s beleaguered middle class, cut Social Security or Medicare and Medicaid, reduce spending on education or infrastructure, or cut programs for the poor.
Mr. President, I’d recommend this as your opening bid. With enough luck and pluck, maybe even your closing bid. And if enough Americans are behind you, it could even be the final deal./ http://robertreich.org/post/35591032374

Sanders: Going Over 'Fiscal Cliff' Better than Bad Tax Deal
Senator says new Congress could recover 'in the first month or two'
November 12, 2012 / http://tinyurl.com/a4vxhsj
Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., said Monday that if the lame-duck Congress can't agree on a tax deal by the end of the year, briefly going over the "fiscal cliff" is preferable to accepting a bad deal.
“Is it better to deal with this issue in the next session rather than accept a bad agreement in this session?” Sanders said during a press conference at his Burlington office. "Yes, it is.”/ http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2012/11/...
plateum

Santa Fe, NM

#129 Nov 13, 2012
I am 91 years old and I can honestly say that America is going to crap. When I was growing up, people used to respect their elders and we didn't have all these social programs that we have today. America is eventually going to go bankrupt if we keep giving handouts to the lazy people and illegals. Romney would have been much better for this country. Marriage and family values used to be a sacred thing when I was a young man; now people get divorced like crazy. Today women can cry sexual harrassment in the workplace for almost any reason and get a co-worker fired even if there accusations are unfounded. We didn't have this kind of nonsense when I was employed. Companies used to actually care about their works but now they will fire for any reason. There just is no job security. Even 30 years ago, we didn't have all these illegals that we have today and we actually had a president that knew how to run the country. Reagan was far better than Obama can ever dream about becomming.
On Nov. 6th the right lost the culture war. Voters in three states (Maine, Maryland and Washington) approved same-sex marriage; two states (Colorado and Washington) passed ballot initiatives allowing the recreational use of marijuana; Wisconsin elected the first openly gay Senator, Tammy Baldwin; and Florida voters rejected a ballot initiative prohibiting the use of public funds for abortions by ten points. White men for the first time in history, will not make up a majority of a party’s delegation to the House.

The good old days when America was white, protestant and straight have come and gone. Get over it, gramps.
notice

Keene, NH

#130 Nov 14, 2012
President Obama's resounding victory was painful for the Right, no doubt about it, but Erick Erickson, editor-in-chief of RedState.com has a message for the extreme kook end of his party: Get Over It or Get Out.

Barack Obama won the election.

He did not win by stealing the election. Voter irregularities always happen. It is one reason we support voter ID rules. But even in the worse scenario of reports out there, there were not enough tales of voter irregularities to matter nationwide. This is another benefit and built in safeguard of the electoral college.

Barack Obama won. He won by turning out the most people in a well run campaign. In other words, he won fair and square.

We here at RedState are American citizens. We have no plans to secede from the union. If you do, good luck with that, but this is not the place for you.

----------

We have a place for you here if you wish to continue the fight against Republicans in Washington like John Boehner and Mitch McConnell who’d be happy to sell us down the river to keep their power, no matter how devoid of principle or sound policy. You have a place here if you’d like to keep fighting the Democrats who are intent on further stifling economic growth, pushing forward with Obamacare, bankrupting the nation, and siding with teachers unions against kids who deserve better.

Too many people have spent the past four years obsessed with birth certificates. Now they are obsessed with voter fraud conspiracies, talk of secession, and supposed election changing news stories if only we had known.

So let’s add dabblers in this latest nuttiness to birthers as a category of people we do not welcome at RedState. Our aim is to beat the Democrats, not beat a retreat to a Confederacy that Generals Grant and Sherman rent asunder well over a hundred years ago.

Even here at RedState, while we may not much care for him, President Obama is still our President and we are still quite happily citizens of the United States. If we must drain this fever swamp that’s taken hold of a few people on the right over this past week before we can drain the swamp in Washington, so be it.

All others need not apply.

Sincerely,
Erick Erickson
Editor-in-Chief, RedState.com

Drain the Swamp! Hahahhahahahahahahaha
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#133 Nov 15, 2012
Correction:
I meant to say that Romney lost because the United States isn't full of mormons.
LMAO

Paris, France

#134 Nov 15, 2012
bottlecap wrote:
Please! Mitt lost BECAUSE of Hurricane Sandy; Uncle Tom was just fortunate. Who else thinks so.
hmmmm let's see : your white trash mom, your 300lb redneck girlfriend, your inbred neighbor Billy... and ?
sheepleloveroyal ty

Bryn Mawr, PA

#137 Jan 19, 2013
When examing the Romney loss it should be noted the lying left played a big factor. Their so called 'fact checkers' blew it.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/whoops-po...

Chrysler to manufactur cars in China

http://news.yahoo.com/chrysler-build-jeeps-ch...

Perception and emotion. First pages of the tactical lefty agenda people play book.

“Sexy & Independent”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#138 Jan 19, 2013
No way Obama won fair and square. Obama had won the electoral and popular vote.
Notice

Gardner, MA

#139 Jan 20, 2013
sheepleloveroyalty wrote:
When examing the Romney loss it should be noted the lying left played a big factor. Their so called 'fact checkers' blew it.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/whoops-po...
Chrysler to manufactur cars in China
http://news.yahoo.com/chrysler-build-jeeps-ch...
Perception and emotion. First pages of the tactical lefty agenda people play book.
Cry baby, sore loser, always a loser, good thing you can't read.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#140 Jan 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Romney lost because he's Mitt Romney and a republican. Congress approval rating is 18%. Republicans approval rating is 14% compared to 21% for democrats. Congress is considered to be dishonest and unethical. Here's an example of the republican double talk:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/20/us/medicare...
Another:
http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/187865/no-bul...

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#141 Jan 22, 2013
bottlecap wrote:
Please! Mitt lost BECAUSE of Hurricane Sandy; Uncle Tom was just fortunate. Who else thinks so.
http://nation.foxnews.com/hurricane-sandy/201...
In his post, he thanked a number of people who helped make the president’s re-election possible, especially “Mother Nature.”
“You, Mother Nature, with all your horrific damage, death and destruction you caused last week, you became, ironically, the undoing of a Party that didn’t believe in you or your climate changing powers,”
http://nation.foxnews.com/chris-matthews/2012...
“I’m so glad we had that storm last week.‘Cause I think the storm was one of those things. No. Politically, I should say. Not in terms of hurting people. The storm brought in possibilities for good politics.”
----------
No storm? Then Obama gives a concession speech.
You can't take anyone seriously who relies on Fox News for their information.
As far as the hurricane is concerned, it could have just as well have harmed Obama by thwarting the early voting process where most voters were por-Obama and pro-Democrat.
The world is changing, but too many right wing Republicans got their heads too buried in the sand to see it.
Hence Romney's surprise when he had to concede to Obama.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#142 Jan 22, 2013
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't take anyone seriously who relies on Fox News for their information.
As far as the hurricane is concerned, it could have just as well have harmed Obama by thwarting the early voting process where most voters were por-Obama and pro-Democrat.
The world is changing, but too many right wing Republicans got their heads too buried in the sand to see it.
Hence Romney's surprise when he had to concede to Obama.
His arrogance told him he had no need for a concession speech. Then, after the fat lady sang he said he didn't really want to run for president. His wife made him do it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Work on Vietnam's first subway at the Saigon Ri... Oct 17 bac ky vc leimdit... 14
Vietnam police bust prostitution rings targetin... Oct 16 SpongeBob 4
Greer Labs sues ex-executive for $840,000 Oct 16 The Devils Advocate 13
The 2014 election might stretch into 2015, than... Oct 12 Marine Corp Pat 9
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) Oct 11 Richardfs 22,973
Heartland Institute Climate Experts Comment on ... Oct 10 tha Professor 3
Vietnam's royal rickshaw on its way home from F... Oct 8 whowerethey 7

9 People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE