Mitt Romney's Loss Re-Examined

Full story: ABC News 124
Republican presidential candidate and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney concedes at his election night rally, Nov. Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
bottlecap

Tampa, FL

#1 Nov 9, 2012
Please! Mitt lost BECAUSE of Hurricane Sandy; Uncle Tom was just fortunate. Who else thinks so.

http://nation.foxnews.com/hurricane-sandy/201...

In his post, he thanked a number of people who helped make the president’s re-election possible, especially “Mother Nature.”

“You, Mother Nature, with all your horrific damage, death and destruction you caused last week, you became, ironically, the undoing of a Party that didn’t believe in you or your climate changing powers,”

http://nation.foxnews.com/chris-matthews/2012...

“I’m so glad we had that storm last week.‘Cause I think the storm was one of those things. No. Politically, I should say. Not in terms of hurting people. The storm brought in possibilities for good politics.”
----------
No storm? Then Obama gives a concession speech.
chickpea

Seattle, WA

#3 Nov 9, 2012
I'll tell ya, Ryan was thorn in his side. Not to mention Mitts elaborate scheme of flip flopping on every issue.
The American people saw beyond these two and voted the only way possible.
After the bell has rung they still can't believe they lost.
Good job Karl Rove. LOL
bottlecap

Tampa, FL

#4 Nov 9, 2012
Enemy Mobile Suit wrote:
These Republican idiot are completely dense. Why did you lose? You fools should ask yourself why did think you would win? Did you look at the voting lines idiots? Its was full of blacks women Latinos and Asians. You brainless chumps really thought you were gonna win these votes? Get a grip on reality.
Spoken like a true rascist pig. Hitler would be proud of you.

It was the Intermational Bankers who put Obama in the White House with their control of the MSM. If they had 'Wanted Mitt' he would have won easily.

They could have had their MSM focus on Benghazi, the failed school system, Fast and Furious, Solyndra, the massive debt, the failed stimulus, etc. What then if Obama was getting their massive propaganda arm turned against him?

No need for Obama to worry though, he will do their bidding and has already signed on to the UN small arms treaty
TheOriginalDoby

San Francisco, CA

#5 Nov 9, 2012
Romney never had a chance at defeating Obama.

“If we don’t run Chris Christie, Romney will be the nominee and we’ll lose.”
Ann Coulter 2010
bottlecap

Tampa, FL

#6 Nov 9, 2012
chickpea wrote:
I'll tell ya, Ryan was thorn in his side. Not to mention Mitts elaborate scheme of flip flopping on every issue.
The American people saw beyond these two and voted the only way possible.
After the bell has rung they still can't believe they lost.
Good job Karl Rove. LOL
Get serious----the MSM gave one of America's worst President, Obama, the election.

Nevertheless, what I cannot believe is not that Obama won, the race was always close; no, what I cannot believe is that Romney got 3 MILLION VOTES less than McCain got in 2008. With the economic meltdown, the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the massive debt,etc., 2008 was gonna be a Democratic year.

I'm getting this feeling that it was the Rick Santorum evangelical crowd that did not vote in a high percentage. Why? Bitter Primary possible? Romney's Mormonism?
chickpea

Seattle, WA

#8 Nov 9, 2012
bottlecap wrote:
<quoted text>
Get serious----the MSM gave one of America's worst President, Obama, the election.
Nevertheless, what I cannot believe is not that Obama won, the race was always close; no, what I cannot believe is that Romney got 3 MILLION VOTES less than McCain got in 2008. With the economic meltdown, the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the massive debt,etc., 2008 was gonna be a Democratic year.
I'm getting this feeling that it was the Rick Santorum evangelical crowd that did not vote in a high percentage. Why? Bitter Primary possible? Romney's Mormonism?
Don't think religion had anything to do with it.
People didn't believe Romney. He was not the peoples voice.
The republicans didn't offer a good choice.
Christie would have been a better choice for Romney. At least he sounds more believable than Ryan, at the very least.
Ryan was to Romney as Palin was to McCain.
Not good choices in my opinion.
Romney the LOSER

Dallas, TX

#9 Nov 9, 2012
Any sane person(anyone who does not watch fox news)knows the hurricane Sandy spin is total BS. One just needs to look at the polls to see there was only a one point change betwen Obama and Romney from one week before Sandy until the election.
Taking into account the + or - 3 points most polls have built in that means hurricane Sandy had ZERO effect on the outcome of the election.

Romney the LOSER lost because 50% of Americans weren't buying what he was selling.
bottlecap

Tampa, FL

#10 Nov 9, 2012
chickpea wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't think religion had anything to do with it.
People didn't believe Romney. He was not the peoples voice.
The republicans didn't offer a good choice.
Christie would have been a better choice for Romney. At least he sounds more believable than Ryan, at the very least.
Ryan was to Romney as Palin was to McCain.
Not good choices in my opinion.
Rubio was the obvious choice.

The Problem with Ryan was that he was a member of the House of Representatives, and that does not have the stature of a Governor or Senator. Biden actually dominated their debate but the VP's overbearing manner turned women off, costing the VP points.

Hopefully you are right about it not being religion but I am mystified that Romney got less votes than McCain on 2008.

I disagree on your take on Romney. First, he was the best candidate in the Republican Primary. He ran, IMO, an excellant campaign but got Hammered because of Todd Akin and Richard Mourdock. He was very close but Obama's approval ratings spiked after Hurricane Sandy and, it now appears, many Republicans did not vote.
What

Santa Fe, NM

#11 Nov 9, 2012
bottlecap wrote:
a moronic thing to say. You guys really do live in your own bubble.
bottlecap

Tampa, FL

#12 Nov 9, 2012
Enemy Mobile Suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a grip on reality it was the Mormons destiny to lose. This country proved that we do not like when people infringe on other peoples lifes.
When you fools say things like rape is a gift from God with women holding the majority of the vote what do you expect? You really expect them to vote for a bunch of idiots that say they should carry a kid from a rapist?
Open your eyes. It was obvious you were gonna lose. You fools were practically begging for that beat down.
Yes, Todd Akin has to be the A&$ of the Year. He super _______ the GOP and Romney. The GOP asked Akin is step aside so they clearly did not agree with that nut and Romney had closed the gender gap.
Then along came Richard Mourdock. Ouch baby that hurt.

Then when one considers that Romney had the Bush albatross around his neck too!!!!
bottlecap

Tampa, FL

#15 Nov 9, 2012
Romney the LOSER wrote:
Any sane person(anyone who does not watch fox news)knows the hurricane Sandy spin is total BS. One just needs to look at the polls to see there was only a one point change betwen Obama and Romney from one week before Sandy until the election.
Taking into account the + or - 3 points most polls have built in that means hurricane Sandy had ZERO effect on the outcome of the election.
Romney the LOSER lost because 50% of Americans weren't buying what he was selling.
That is BS! Gallop had Romney + 4 or 5 before the storm hit then went off line. When they came back the race was even.

When Chris Mathews started to credit the storm the host, Rachel Maddow, looked like she wanted to kill Chris for letting the cat out of the bag.

Also, the intellectual guru of the Democratic Party, gave credit to "Mother Nature" for bringing the storm.

Obama's favorability jumped to over 50% and tha WAS the election.
bdcsr

Tempe, AZ

#16 Nov 9, 2012
Let em go bankrupt.
Romney the LOSER

Dallas, TX

#17 Nov 9, 2012
bottlecap wrote:
<quoted text>
That is BS! Gallop had Romney + 4 or 5 before the storm hit then went off line.
Well if you want to rely on the worst poll for accuracy that's your buisness.

1. Daily Kos/SEIU/PPP*

3. YouGov*

4. Ipsos/Reuters*

5. Purple Strategies

6. NBC/WSJ

6. CBS/NYT

6. YouGov/Economist

9. UPI/CVOTER

10. IBD/TIPP

11. Angus-Reid*

12. ABC/WP*

13. Pew Research*

13. Hartford Courant/UConn*

15. CNN/ORC

15. Monmouth/SurveyUSA

15. Politico/GWU/Battleground

15. FOX News

15. Washington Times/JZ Analytics

15. Newsmax/JZ Analytics

15. American Research Group

15. Gravis Marketing

23. Democracy Corps (D)*

24. Rasmussen

24. Gallup

26. NPR

27. National Journal*

28. AP/GfK

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/most-accurate-...
bottlecap

Tampa, FL

#18 Nov 9, 2012
bdcsr wrote:
Let em go bankrupt.
Yes, were all screwed because of Obama and his incompetance.

The real winners: the GLOBALIST OLIGARCHY!!!

From the Puppet-Master himself.

"We are grateful to the Washington Post, the New York Times, Time Magazine, and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promise of discretion for almost 40 years. It would have been impossible for us to develope our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the bright lights of publicity during those years. But the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government."

"The super-national sovereignty of an intellectual elite and WORLD BANKERS is surely preferable to the auto-determination practiced in past centuries."

David Rockefeller, Bilderburg Meeting 1991
bdcsr

Tempe, AZ

#19 Nov 9, 2012
bottlecap,
I'm quoting Mitt Romney.
bottlecap

Tampa, FL

#20 Nov 9, 2012
Romney the LOSER wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if you want to rely on the worst poll for accuracy that's your buisness.
1. Daily Kos/SEIU/PPP*
3. YouGov*
4. Ipsos/Reuters*
5. Purple Strategies
6. NBC/WSJ
6. CBS/NYT
6. YouGov/Economist
9. UPI/CVOTER
10. IBD/TIPP
11. Angus-Reid*
12. ABC/WP*
13. Pew Research*
13. Hartford Courant/UConn*
15. CNN/ORC
15. Monmouth/SurveyUSA
15. Politico/GWU/Battleground
15. FOX News
15. Washington Times/JZ Analytics
15. Newsmax/JZ Analytics
15. American Research Group
15. Gravis Marketing
23. Democracy Corps (D)*
24. Rasmussen
24. Gallup
26. NPR
27. National Journal*
28. AP/GfK
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/most-accurate-...
Obama WAS down 10 Million votes from 2008, that was what was meant by less enthusiasm. The SHOCKER was Romney was down 3 Million from what McCain got!!

You showed me the accuracy of the polls but nothing about the effect that Hurricane Sandy had on them.

I believe Real Clear Politics showed a upward movement for Obama in Approval Ratings and likability when the storm hit and hopefully someone can do a daily tracking report to see if there was such movement when Sandy hit.
bottlecap

Tampa, FL

#21 Nov 9, 2012
bdcsr wrote:
bottlecap,
I'm quoting Mitt Romney.
Thanks. A quote from an editorial that Romney did in the NY Times.

Actually, for the record, it came from a headline that was put in by the New York Times above the article, not from Romney.
chickpea

Seattle, WA

#23 Nov 9, 2012
bottlecap wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama WAS down 10 Million votes from 2008, that was what was meant by less enthusiasm. The SHOCKER was Romney was down 3 Million from what McCain got!!
You showed me the accuracy of the polls but nothing about the effect that Hurricane Sandy had on them.
I believe Real Clear Politics showed a upward movement for Obama in Approval Ratings and likability when the storm hit and hopefully someone can do a daily tracking report to see if there was such movement when Sandy hit.
Still, NJ voted republican. The storm had nothing to do with the shellacking Romney got.
Peoples minds were made up long before the storm.
The 47% thing put the icing on the cake. Among other things of course.
Bottom line, Romney couldn't deliver believability.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#24 Nov 9, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text>
a moronic thing to say. You guys really do live in your own bubble.
FLASH: CIA director David Petraeus has resigned

He could no longer live with The Lie's from the Obama white house!!!!!!!!!

Yes we are winning that battle!!!!!!!!!!
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

#25 Nov 9, 2012
Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't win that.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Soo To-Do List 19 min Alan 1
Vietnam censures former chief inspector; seizes... 4 hr DRUDAEGCNTIENDEBD... 21
Do We All Believe in the Same God? 6 hr Goddess Gaia 34
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 10 hr Morse 23,279
Ukiah police and fire log: Wednesday, Dec. 24, ... Dec 24 Here Is One 3
Madonna songs leak. She fights back. Dec 23 Jaimie 2
New expresway to Ho Chi Minh City opens ahead o... Dec 20 CAPKHUNGLIMDRUDEN... 2
More from around the web