Victims of Kenya's last election stil...

Victims of Kenya's last election still in limbo

There are 1 comment on the Sunherald.com story from Feb 25, 2013, titled Victims of Kenya's last election still in limbo. In it, Sunherald.com reports that:

In this Saturday Feb. 9, 2013 photo, a displaced boy runs with empty plastic containers to fill with water from a muddy borehole in the ground, at 'Hope' camp for internally-displaced Kenyans from the Kikuyu tribe, near Nyahururu, in Kenya.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sunherald.com.

cathinkenya

Kenya

#1 Feb 26, 2013
Maybe i have been missing something over the last 20 years or so. Where did their land go to? Was it swallowed up? whoever is currently living on their land should be prosecuted. i do get that the IDPs may be scared of going back to live next door to people who wanted to kill them, but the land remains an asset. the government could buy the land off them at market prices and compensate them for other losses incurred, this would allow them to choose where they may want to resettle. the government can then sell the land, but the ones who threw them out should not be allowed to benefit from their crimes, they should be permanently barred from owning any of that land.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How Many People Take Benzodiazepines? (May '15) May 20 Ali 7
News Recalls this week: Pacifier holders, rattles May 16 Menards eh 1
News Markel Corp Acquires New Position in Praxair, Inc. May 15 Praxair 1
News Options dwindling, Sanders says race isn't over May 12 Three Days 30
News Donald Trump, left, and Hillary Clinton campaig... May 10 mano 3
News Richland County Council Shake-up Inevitable Apr '16 Mary Anne 1
News Fire chief makes his case for size of staff, pa... Apr '16 Goose 13
More from around the web