Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
17,801 - 17,820 of 21,390 Comments Last updated 16 min ago
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

LCNLin wrote:
Prince George was carried into the Chapel ...
The prince, third in line to the throne, was baptised by the Archbishop of Canterbury.....
http://www.republic.org.uk/
MUQ

Bhopal, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
You are becoming more silly with every new post,MUQ.You are still assuming that universe has "god made devices".
That is why I've been asking you to show some evidences or come up with good logical arguments to support your claim that universe has been created.
Why don't you create those "God made devices"?

Why not create a "few galaxies" out there? There are already billion there!

Why not bring sun closer to earth?
MUQ

Bhopal, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Gods are man made devices. One god in particular was created so that your peoples would no longer protect thier own children from sexual battery and rape.
It worked out great for one pedophile, and helped create millions more perverts. Thighing babies is ungodly, a horrendous man made indecency, from a perverted monster of a prophet.
There would have been some truth in what you say, if humans were able to create any thing that God created.

When they are unable to do it, it is only their "stupidity" to deny the existence of God.

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
I am asking you if universe was really created or not.And you are asking me to create galaxies?
MUQ,you need to prove that universe was created.We atheists have different perception that you need to understand.
Our perception is universe may have easily come into existence without any need of conscious being.We do not see universe as a "conscious creation".
If you want to argue that universe was created by God,then the very first thing you need to explain is why do you think universe couldn't have been born without any intelligence being involved in its creation?
PS:Ask your God to bring sun closer to earth.We would believe him if he does so.:D
spider

King's Lynn, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What god made devices ?

Am I your brother ?
spider

King's Lynn, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
There would have been some truth in what you say, if humans were able to create any thing that God created.
When they are unable to do it, it is only their "stupidity" to deny the existence of God.
Name one thing, just ONE thing, that you consider that your god created, that can be substantiated with any degree of proof,,,, just one thing.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods can't create what man did. Man created gods, all of them. That is why the gods are so ungodly, and so damned human. Look to your god, for instance .... a cheap rtip-off of the Jewish god, and too he is an enabler of pedophiles! What more proof is there, a god so damned ungodly and is instead purely perverted, allowing adults to prey on children.

A real god would incinerate your god.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The SAME way, it bothers you, why there are so many people who still believe in God and religion!!
These are places where people exchange their ideas and speak about their beliefs, why should we stop discussing and put ourselves into different cages?
The charges and the language which you people used against those who still believe in God and religions, is much harsher and abusive than what we use.
Poor argument there MUQ.

I have no problem arguing ideas with you.

But when it comes to governments enacting laws to force you to believe (or have you pretend you believe) in a religion... that's a different story now, isn't it?
MUQ

Bhopal, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Name one thing, just ONE thing, that you consider that your god created, that can be substantiated with any degree of proof,,,, just one thing.
Why only one thing, there are billions upon billions of thing which God created and His creation power has not ceased.

He is continue creating trillions of things every day,

You want ONE example, who created you? Your parents, you yourself, or Darwin, Newton or Einstein?

I never imagined, I would ever see a dumb question like this!!
MUQ

Bhopal, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor argument there MUQ.
I have no problem arguing ideas with you.
But when it comes to governments enacting laws to force you to believe (or have you pretend you believe) in a religion... that's a different story now, isn't it?
I do not know any Govt. enacting laws to "force any one to believe in any religion".

Govt. enacting laws to "ask people" to act on what they believe is totally different thing.

You even do not know what are the issues, do you?
MUQ

Bhopal, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Gods can't create what man did. Man created gods, all of them. That is why the gods are so ungodly, and so damned human. Look to your god, for instance .... a cheap rtip-off of the Jewish god, and too he is an enabler of pedophiles! What more proof is there, a god so damned ungodly and is instead purely perverted, allowing adults to prey on children.
A real god would incinerate your god.
Is there any meaning in what you said?

Count there are how many contradictory statements in one paragraph!!

Such are people who want to discuss this topic with me!!

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not know any Govt. enacting laws to "force any one to believe in any religion".
Govt. enacting laws to "ask people" to act on what they believe is totally different thing.
You even do not know what are the issues, do you?
Ahh, but do not governments enact laws to give privilege to the preferred state religion? They'll certainly give you a nudge or shove or electric shock or imprisonment to "guide" you.

And "ask people"?

Is that like a mugger holding a gun to your head asking "please, give me your wallet?"

By your standard, there's no crime. The mugger asked nicely and you gave "freely."

I see the issues you put forth.

That you are not fooling me with your poor arguments seems to be the problem. For you...

Devil's hometown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Your God is imaginary,MUQ. Otherwise,you could have bombarded this thread with loads of evidences or logical explanation that would counter our intuitions.
You believe God has created us for a specific purpose.We believe it is we who decide the meaning of our lives.And our lives themselves are biggest evidences of our belief.
But there is no reasonable explanation from you so we could weigh your arguments.
You believe God has created the universe.Yet there is no proof or logical explanation as to why universe must have needed a conscious creator.
I have seen you arguing somewhere that universe is an "intelligent design"(maybe some posts ago in this thread).
What do you mean by an "intelligent design"?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
A real god would incinerate your god
spider

King's Lynn, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why only one thing, there are billions upon billions of thing which God created and His creation power has not ceased.
You want ONE example, who created you? Your parents, you yourself, or Darwin, Newton or Einstein?
My parents created me, as your parents created you.

Go back millions of years and you find amoeba, add evolution, you have your answer.

Darwin, Newton, Einstein, men of learning, inteligent men that asked questions, proposed theories, found answers.

I asked you for proof or evidence of the existence of your god, the fact that you can't supply it is all to obvious.

Suggesting that I am dumb is projection on your part, it does not strengthen your position, it weakens it.

Devil's hometown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha!Do you think your above argument would even be considered in a debate of intellectuals?
Again and again,you are repeating the same thing.
I am asking you man as to why a conscious creator has to be there behind everything that is physically existing?
Have you ever asked your revered Mullahs or yourself as to why things couldn't have come into existence without any conscious creator.
Ask and let us know why do you think so.
Existence is not necessarily a result of creation.If you think otherwise you have to give a logical explanation( in case you don't have evidences) for the same.
spider

King's Lynn, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You fully understood what R P meant,,, if you are stuck for an answer then say so,, any one can see that this is the case.
MUQ

Bilaspur, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Judged:

spider wrote:
<quoted text>
My parents created me, as your parents created you.
Go back millions of years and you find amoeba, add evolution, you have your answer.
Darwin, Newton, Einstein, men of learning, inteligent men that asked questions, proposed theories, found answers.
I asked you for proof or evidence of the existence of your god, the fact that you can't supply it is all to obvious.
Suggesting that I am dumb is projection on your part, it does not strengthen your position, it weakens it.
Your parents were "not even aware" when you were conceived!!

Is that what you call creation?

Your parents, were not aware at the time of your conception, whether it is a boy or a girl. Is THAT what you call creation?

Your parents did not know whether you will be born full or with some defect, is THAT what you call creation?

I thought you people had brains, but it shows that you people have none or very little and whatever you have, you use it wrongly.

Grow up and use your brain.

Only IDIOTS will ask for proofs of existence of God, while seeing the entire working Universe is front of them!!

Who created this Universe? Newton, Darwin or Einstein ?
MUQ

Bilaspur, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Judged:

fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>Haha!Do you think your above argument would even be considered in a debate of intellectuals?
Again and again,you are repeating the same thing.
I am asking you man as to why a conscious creator has to be there behind everything that is physically existing?
Have you ever asked your revered Mullahs or yourself as to why things couldn't have come into existence without any conscious creator.
Ask and let us know why do you think so.
Existence is not necessarily a result of creation.If you think otherwise you have to give a logical explanation( in case you don't have evidences) for the same.
If things could "come out" without any creator, show me even a single needle, that came out of itself from any steel manufacturing facility!!

How dumb you people can get, I am unable to understand!!
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If things could "come out" without any creator, show me even a single needle, that came out of itself from any steel manufacturing facility!!
How dumb you people can get, I am unable to understand!!
And Muq thinks others are stupid, LOL!

Perhaps Muq is an example of how religion can cripple the little capacity for critical thought and objective reasoning some people are born with.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••