Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 23770 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#18848 Oct 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there any meaning in what you said?
Count there are how many contradictory statements in one paragraph!!
Such are people who want to discuss this topic with me!!
Your God is imaginary,MUQ. Otherwise,you could have bombarded this thread with loads of evidences or logical explanation that would counter our intuitions.
You believe God has created us for a specific purpose.We believe it is we who decide the meaning of our lives.And our lives themselves are biggest evidences of our belief.
But there is no reasonable explanation from you so we could weigh your arguments.
You believe God has created the universe.Yet there is no proof or logical explanation as to why universe must have needed a conscious creator.
I have seen you arguing somewhere that universe is an "intelligent design"(maybe some posts ago in this thread).
What do you mean by an "intelligent design"?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#18849 Oct 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
A real god would incinerate your god
spider

Saint Neots, UK

#18850 Oct 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why only one thing, there are billions upon billions of thing which God created and His creation power has not ceased.
He is continue creating trillions of things every day,
You want ONE example, who created you? Your parents, you yourself, or Darwin, Newton or Einstein?
I never imagined, I would ever see a dumb question like this!!
My parents created me, as your parents created you.

Go back millions of years and you find amoeba, add evolution, you have your answer.

Darwin, Newton, Einstein, men of learning, inteligent men that asked questions, proposed theories, found answers.

I asked you for proof or evidence of the existence of your god, the fact that you can't supply it is all to obvious.

Suggesting that I am dumb is projection on your part, it does not strengthen your position, it weakens it.

Mumbai, India

#18851 Oct 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why only one thing, there are billions upon billions of thing which God created and His creation power has not ceased.
He is continue creating trillions of things every day,
You want ONE example, who created you? Your parents, you yourself, or Darwin, Newton or Einstein?
I never imagined, I would ever see a dumb question like this!!
Haha!Do you think your above argument would even be considered in a debate of intellectuals?
Again and again,you are repeating the same thing.
I am asking you man as to why a conscious creator has to be there behind everything that is physically existing?
Have you ever asked your revered Mullahs or yourself as to why things couldn't have come into existence without any conscious creator.
Ask and let us know why do you think so.
Existence is not necessarily a result of creation.If you think otherwise you have to give a logical explanation( in case you don't have evidences) for the same.
spider

Saint Neots, UK

#18852 Oct 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You fully understood what R P meant,,, if you are stuck for an answer then say so,, any one can see that this is the case.
MUQ

Jabalpur, India

#18853 Oct 24, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
My parents created me, as your parents created you.
Go back millions of years and you find amoeba, add evolution, you have your answer.
Darwin, Newton, Einstein, men of learning, inteligent men that asked questions, proposed theories, found answers.
I asked you for proof or evidence of the existence of your god, the fact that you can't supply it is all to obvious.
Suggesting that I am dumb is projection on your part, it does not strengthen your position, it weakens it.
Your parents were "not even aware" when you were conceived!!

Is that what you call creation?

Your parents, were not aware at the time of your conception, whether it is a boy or a girl. Is THAT what you call creation?

Your parents did not know whether you will be born full or with some defect, is THAT what you call creation?

I thought you people had brains, but it shows that you people have none or very little and whatever you have, you use it wrongly.

Grow up and use your brain.

Only IDIOTS will ask for proofs of existence of God, while seeing the entire working Universe is front of them!!

Who created this Universe? Newton, Darwin or Einstein ?
MUQ

Jabalpur, India

#18854 Oct 24, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>Haha!Do you think your above argument would even be considered in a debate of intellectuals?
Again and again,you are repeating the same thing.
I am asking you man as to why a conscious creator has to be there behind everything that is physically existing?
Have you ever asked your revered Mullahs or yourself as to why things couldn't have come into existence without any conscious creator.
Ask and let us know why do you think so.
Existence is not necessarily a result of creation.If you think otherwise you have to give a logical explanation( in case you don't have evidences) for the same.
If things could "come out" without any creator, show me even a single needle, that came out of itself from any steel manufacturing facility!!

How dumb you people can get, I am unable to understand!!
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18855 Oct 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If things could "come out" without any creator, show me even a single needle, that came out of itself from any steel manufacturing facility!!
And Muq thinks others are stupid, LOL!

Perhaps Muq is an example of how religion can cripple the little capacity for critical thought and objective reasoning some people are born with.

Mumbai, India

#18856 Oct 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha Silly and childish argument!!!!
"Nothing in this universe has been ever created.All the man made objects are just manipulation of the material that were already available in nature"
The above paraphrased quote was quoted by you quite long ago.And I concur with this statement
But now your new statement is in contradiction with your early statement.And I find your newer argument counter-intuitive.
If needles can exist without actually being created(just by manipulation) then why universe might not have come into existence without the creation of energy(in other words energy has always been there)?
You believe in your religion because that is what you want to believe.There is no logical reason behind your firm belief in your religion.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#18857 Oct 24, 2013
MUQ... when you post things like this:
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You have NO business calling anyone else 'dumb'

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#18858 Oct 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Metal needles.

"Metal whiskering or tin whiskers is a phenomenon or fault which occurs in electrical devices. Tin whiskers were noticed and documented in the valve (tube) era of electronics early in the 20th century, in equipment which used pure, or almost pure, tin solder in their production. It was noticed that small metal hairs grew between metal solder pads causing short circuits. Tin whiskers form in the presence of compressive stress. Zinc, cadmium, and even lead whiskers have been documented.[1] Many techniques are used to mitigate the problem including environmental modifications to the annealing process (heating and cooling) and the addition of elements like copper and nickel to the tin.[2] Traditionally, lead has been added to slow down whisker growth."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whisker_%28metal...

How to grow your own needles.

In a cup or small, deep bowl, mix 1/2 cup of epsom salts (magnesium sulfate) with 1/2 cup of hot tap water (hot as it will get from the faucet).

Stir about a minute to dissolve the epsom salts. There will still be some undissolved crystals at the bottom.

Place the cup in the refrigerator. The bowl will fill with needle-like crystals within three hours.
http://chemistry.about.com/od/crystalrecipes/...
LCNLin

United States

#18860 Oct 24, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>A real god would incinerate your god
Another nonsense post.
Reason seems not backed up
a bit as if posted by septic ?
LCNLin

United States

#18861 Oct 24, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Gods are man made devices. One god in particular was created so that your peoples would no longer protect thier own children from sexual battery and rape.
It worked out great for one pedophile, and helped create millions more perverts. Thighing babies is ungodly, a horrendous man made indecency, from a perverted monster of a prophet.
Look at his Opinions
then
look for the lack of documentation.
Amusing
LCNLin

United States

#18862 Oct 24, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Relgion = superstition
Get over it.
atheism = materialism
Stay amused by his posts
LOL

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#18864 Oct 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Only IDIOTS will ask for proofs of existence of God,
Says the liar with no proof of god who's cult looks desperately stupid in this forum.

Location hidden

#18865 Oct 24, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at his Opinions
then
Amusing
Look at your gods lack of documentation - no proof whatsoever. Maybe you hate creationism and want us all to know how stupid it's followers are? Is that why you are here?

Location hidden

#18866 Oct 24, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
atheism = materialism
Stay amused by his posts
LOL
Atheism is simple disbelief in religious lies.
LCNLin

United States

#18867 Oct 24, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
more ignorant and shameless lies - atheism is on the increase - that's why you religious trolls liars are trying so hard!!!
Under 02% in the USA,
In England Septic pays taxes to the Church of England an established Church.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#18868 Oct 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been secretly reading http://www.answersingenesis.org/ haven't you?

Does your imam know you are a fundamentalist Christian?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#18870 Oct 24, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at his Opinions
then
Amusing
It's called "thighing", look it up you piss poor dumfock, and know that your god sanctions it. If you would like to deny that this is true, lets go there. Bring it, fool. But know that I will post the details of this god protected practice, that will make any real human being sick to their stomach.

The filth that is the Abrahamic god's religions must be spotlighted and be made public. That is the only way to begin to change the "don't know, don't ask, don't look, don't tell" nature of religious usury foisted onto infants and children. Do you know how old a child must be before he or she is used as an adult man's masturbatory aid?

The baby has to have at least cleared his mothers body before the man's penis makes contact. Still amusing, to you? Did you look it up, or are you too chickenshit?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 3 Homebuilders To Avoid, 1 To Consider Now (Feb '12) Mon KandM Guttering 6
News How Many People Take Benzodiazepines? (May '15) May 20 Ali 7
News Recalls this week: Pacifier holders, rattles May 16 Menards eh 1
News Markel Corp Acquires New Position in Praxair, Inc. May 15 Praxair 1
News Options dwindling, Sanders says race isn't over May 12 Three Days 30
News Donald Trump, left, and Hillary Clinton campaig... May 10 mano 3
News Richland County Council Shake-up Inevitable Apr '16 Mary Anne 1
More from around the web