Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 23583 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

MUQ

Lucknow, India

#18697 Oct 4, 2013
Qualities of a True Prophet of God:

S. Nineteenth Quality: Duties of a Prophet:

General duties of a True Prophet of God are:

a. Deliver The Divine Message:

To deliver the message they receive from God and to explain it and answer any honest queries about it.(Not to engage in Every Debate and answer Every Question with those who raise queries and objections for the sake of fun, ridicule and idle discussions).

b. Demonstrate Application of Divine Law thru Personal Example:

By their personal conduct demonstrate how Divine Law is implemented in human society.

c. Build Up Faith of Sincere Followers:

To Purify and Sanctify those who accept their message and became their followers and helpers in propagating this message.

Prophets teach and guide these sincere followers and they in turn become guides to those who are not present.

Prophets and their message live thru the lives and actions of their followers. And it is by the action of their followers and those who come after them that prophet’s Names, Lives and Teachings obtain immorality. The prophets whom no one knows is only because their followers and those coming after them did not preserve their memory.

d. Interpret Divine Law:

To act as Law Giver to the society in the capacity of God’ Official Interpreters of Divine Law. They are authorized to make by laws and laws that are based on the guidance they receive from God thru Revelation.

e. Form a Society or Nation of Believers:

To build a human society that is run on the principles and guidance they receive from God. To defend the society from outside attacks and those who try to subvert it.

f. Nurture a Pius Society:

To oversee that Goodness and Piety increases in the society and Evilness and Evil acts are either removed or brought to their lowest level.

g. Judge between Disputes according to Divine Law:

To act as judge between the disputes and give judgment based on Divine law and see that it is enforced on land.

S1. Does every Prophet do all these?

These are general duties of Prophets of God, each and every prophet need not have to do all these duties, it depends on the mission they get from God and how many trusted followers they got during their mission.

S2. Should we rate prophets on the basis of their duties and successes?

And as explained earlier, we do not rate prophets on the basis of what worldly success they got. Every prophet is successful in the eyes of God, because he did his job.

The real gainer and losers are the people who received the guidance from prophets.
If they accepted it, they are successful in the hereafter, if they rejected it, they are real losers.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#18698 Oct 5, 2013
MUQ wrote:
S. Nineteenth Quality: Duties of a Prophet:
General duties of a True Prophet of God are:
a. Deliver The Divine Message:
To deliver the message they receive from God and to explain it and answer any honest queries about it.(Not to engage in Every Debate and answer Every Question with those who raise queries and objections for the sake of fun, ridicule and idle discussions).
b. Demonstrate Application of Divine Law thru Personal Example:
By their personal conduct demonstrate how Divine Law is implemented in human society.
c. Build Up Faith of Sincere Followers:
To Purify and Sanctify those who accept their message and became their followers and helpers in propagating this message.
Prophets teach and guide these sincere followers and they in turn become guides to those who are not present.
Prophets and their message live thru the lives and actions of their followers. And it is by the action of their followers and those who come after them that prophet’s Names, Lives and Teachings obtain immorality. The prophets whom no one knows is only because their followers and those coming after them did not preserve their memory.
d. Interpret Divine Law:
To act as Law Giver to the society in the capacity of God’ Official Interpreters of Divine Law. They are authorized to make by laws and laws that are based on the guidance they receive from God thru Revelation.
e. Form a Society or Nation of Believers:
To build a human society that is run on the principles and guidance they receive from God. To defend the society from outside attacks and those who try to subvert it.
f. Nurture a Pius Society:
To oversee that Goodness and Piety increases in the society and Evilness and Evil acts are either removed or brought to their lowest level.
g. Judge between Disputes according to Divine Law:
To act as judge between the disputes and give judgment based on Divine law and see that it is enforced on land.
S1. Does every Prophet do all these?
These are general duties of Prophets of God, each and every prophet need not have to do all these duties, it depends on the mission they get from God and how many trusted followers they got during their mission.
S2. Should we rate prophets on the basis of their duties and successes?
And as explained earlier, we do not rate prophets on the basis of what worldly success they got. Every prophet is successful in the eyes of God, because he did his job.
The real gainer and losers are the people who received the guidance from prophets.
If they accepted it, they are successful in the hereafter, if they rejected it, they are real losers.
Religious spam has never converted anyone.

If you want your mental illness to get respect, you need to prove what it claims.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#18699 Oct 7, 2013
Hi fellow Atheists, I'm closing my account on THIS thread as it (FINALLY) APPEARS that we have convinced Godbots of their error in believing in a God or Gods. A mechanical engineer friend of mine always said that gentle tapping moves mountains. I can certainly apply that idea to our success here, in that continually repeating the truth, DOES eventually penetrate. I've witnessed many contributors here that personally speaking, I have classed as ranting idiots. But they have long gone to pastures new. I bid you all farewell & thanks for offering me an interest in the otherwise boring Internet.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18700 Oct 7, 2013
"Around 400 schoolchildren – mainly girls from South Asian communities - are forced into marriage every year in the UK, according to official Government figures."
http://www.itv.com/news/2013-10-06/uk-imams-a...

All the best Jack. People say they're going and we all get bored by Topix sometimes. Maybe you'll still drop-in occasionally.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#18701 Oct 7, 2013
British Expat wrote:
Religious monkeys are the root of all evil, that is a FACT!
Sadly for the moment the human monkey is "easily led". But live in hope. Intellegence might yet surpass superstition?
Actually NO Adolf hitler was atheist. the soviet union , north Korea etc....

Atheism and religion are basically the same. Both of them carry on man made traditions even though they both n=know they have nothing to with god,for ex
halloween,birthdays and christmas.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#18702 Oct 7, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
In the future, governments will look back at this era and wonder how they let so many mentally ill people destroy society.
There will be clinics where chronic religious liars can get help, like AA, but without the made up higher power.
In the future their will be no goverments. No no religion means no economy. Do you know how much religion brings in each year? No birthdays,christmas,halloween, thanksgiving,etc

Literally every aspect of human society has pegan and religious origins... our week days and months etc

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#18703 Oct 7, 2013
spidersandsnakes wrote:
<quoted text>
In the future their will be no goverments. No no religion means no economy. Do you know how much religion brings in each year? No birthdays,christmas,halloween, thanksgiving,etc
Literally every aspect of human society has pegan and religious origins... our week days and months etc
LOL...I hate to break it to you, but I'm an atheist and I still have birthdays.

WTF are you talking about?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#18704 Oct 7, 2013
spidersandsnakes wrote:
<quoted text>
PS - don't use the word "literally" if you don't know what it means...

Location hidden

#18705 Oct 8, 2013
spidersandsnakes wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually NO Adolf hitler was atheist. the soviet union , north Korea etc....
Atheism and religion are basically the same. Both of them carry on man made traditions even though they both n=know they have nothing to with god,for ex
halloween,birthdays and christmas.
Spidersandsnakes lies about hitler's religion because he is a religious liar for his creationist cult:

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people."

-Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922 (Norman H. Baynes, ed. The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, April 1922-August 1939, Vol. 1 of 2, pp. 19-20, Oxford University Press, 1942)

Location hidden

#18706 Oct 8, 2013
spidersandsnakes wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody trusts a creationist liars's opinions about anything. You have only yourselves to thank for this...
MUQ

Gauriganj, India

#18707 Oct 10, 2013

T. Twentieth Quality:

What We Owe to the Prophets?

It is not in fact any Quality of Prophet, but concluding part of my list.(MUQ)

Considering the fact that Prophets of God are our Real and Greatest Benefactors and they are source of each and every Goodness and Kindness and Morality and Righteousness which we see on this earth, there are duties on each one of us to these prophets.

I list some of them based on my limited knowledge:

a. Love Them:

We should love the Prophets of God and this love should be from the deepest depth of our hearts. It should not be only for show and only from lips. In fact the love of Prophets should mean more to us than even our own lives.

b. Respect and Revere them:

We should respect and revere them and honor them. That is why we Muslims use the words “Peace be upon him”(PBUH) or “Peace be upon them”(PBUT) when we take the name of any prophet or group of prophets. This show of honor should also be from our hearts and not only from lips or hypocrisy.

c. Accept their Teachings:

We should accept the Guidance and Message brought by the prophets, and should not say or do any thing which goes against this guidance and message.

d. Follow their teachings:

We should try our best to cultivate all the positive qualities that these prophets want us to have and shun all the negative qualities and acts which the prophets prohibit.

And these should not be only on the surface but from deep commitment. It is really a test to see how committed we are to the prophets.

e. Do not rate Man-Made theories above Theirs:

We should no not put any teachings or any philosophy or any theory that contradicts or goes against the teachings of prophets and his message. Because no human theory, logic or philosophy can take the place of Divine Guidance.

f. Defend their teachings:

We should be ready to defend the teachings of prophets from attacks to the best of our abilities. The attacks could be from inside and / or from outside. The attack could be verbal or physical. Followers of prophets should be ready for both type of attacks and should be ready for any sacrifice that is needed for it.

Our energies and our resources and our lives, every thing should be devoted to this struggle. This will be a litmus test as to how sincere followers we are of prophets or do we come under the title of “Those with little faith” or “O Hypocrites”.

g. Be United and Steadfast in our struggle against falsehood:

We should present a united front to our enemies and do not be divided and fight within ourselves. These internal fights damage us more than outside attacks of our enemies and bring dishonor and insults on us, in this world as well as in the hereafter.

These are some of the duties which we owe to our prophets, let every one of us look at it and place his or her position in this chart.

Allah Knows Best
old nick

Birmingham, UK

#18709 Oct 10, 2013
yawn!!

“The holy experience”

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#18710 Oct 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
T. Twentieth Quality:
Considering the fact that Prophets of God are our Real and Greatest Benefactors and they are source of each and every Goodness and Kindness and Morality and Righteousness which we see on this earth, there are duties on each one of us to these prophets.
a. Love Them:
We should love the Prophets of God and this love should be from the deepest depth of our hearts. It should not be only for show and only from lips. In fact the love of Prophets should mean more to us than even our own lives.
We should respect and revere them and honor them. That is why we Muslims use the words “Peace be upon him”(PBUH) or “Peace be upon them”(PBUT) when we take the name of any prophet or group of prophets. This show of honor should also be from our hearts and not only from lips or hypocrisy.
We should accept the Guidance and Message brought by the prophets, and should not say or do any thing which goes against this guidance and message.
We should try our best to cultivate all the positive qualities that these prophets want us to have and shun all the negative qualities and acts which the prophets prohibit.
And these should not be only on the surface but from deep commitment. It is really a test to see how committed we are to the prophets.
We should no not put any teachings or any philosophy or any theory that contradicts or goes against the teachings of prophets and his message. Because no human theory, logic or philosophy can take the place of Divine Guidance.
We should be ready to defend the teachings of prophets from attacks to the best of our abilities. The attacks could be from inside and / or from outside. The attack could be verbal or physical. Followers of prophets should be ready for both type of attacks and should be ready for any sacrifice that is needed for it.
Our energies and our resources and our lives, every thing should be devoted to this struggle. This will be a litmus test as to how sincere followers we are of prophets or do we come under the title of “Those with little faith” or “O Hypocrites”.
We should present a united front to our enemies and do not be divided and fight within ourselves. These internal fights damage us more than outside attacks of our enemies and bring dishonor and insults on us, in this world as well as in the hereafter.
These are some of the duties which we owe to our prophets, let every one of us look at it and place his or her position in this chart.
Allah Knows Best
Finally,MUQ has finished with his 20 magical posts!Can we have a huge round of applause for him?LOL

Location hidden

#18711 Oct 10, 2013
MUQ is a religious coward of epic proportions, who spams his cult nonsense into threads.

“The holy experience”

Mumbai, India

#18712 Oct 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
T. Twentieth Quality:
a. Love Them:
Allah Knows Best
Now since you'd promised that you would answer my questions once you get done with your 20th posts(which you did),tell me who set these standards(qualities) to ratify whether the supposed prophet is true or not?

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#18713 Oct 10, 2013
ExcommunicateThis wrote:
Well, atheism is already the majority view amongst the population of the world in general, even if people go through the motions of religion just to fit in with others of their tribe.
Source that most people in the world are atheists? As for the OP claim that better education and an improved standard of living will kill off religion, then why is much of the USA so religious then? More than some parts of the developing world, in fact. Btw, there are other causes of evil besides religion in the world - selfishness, greed, bigotry, excessive state power...
Dak-Original

Leamington Spa, UK

#18714 Oct 10, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally,MUQ has finished with his 20 magical posts!Can we have a huge round of applause for him?LOL
MUQ does not know the least about the fact of the Evolution of Species as he has been informed. Real GOD then planned it that way. MUQ cannot extricate himself from his indoctrination since his birth and conform to the logical path! But he is now paid, too!
Dak-Original

Leamington Spa, UK

#18715 Oct 10, 2013
Soon that flag/s waving Fineline will make his sporadic inspection on the forum but will only bother to notice only me as still being "at it". LOL!

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#18716 Oct 10, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed.
47,000 different brands of Genuine Christian™ and counting.
When will it stop?
If you pick any one brand? It represents less than 1% of the world's population-- and even within **that** brand, there are factions fighting other factions...
... hmmm.
It is as if there is no guidance of any kind behind them....
I'm pretty sure there's only 4 or 5types of Christian.

“The holy experience”

Mumbai, India

#18717 Oct 10, 2013
Dak-Original wrote:
<quoted text>
MUQ does not know the least about the fact of the Evolution of Species as he has been informed. Real GOD then planned it that way. MUQ cannot extricate himself from his indoctrination since his birth and conform to the logical path! But he is now paid, too!
Of course,he cannot.He believes Quranic scriptures are unquestionable and since there is not even a single clue of TOE in his religious doctrines,he would definitely come up with all kind of lame excuses to deny the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Coptic Orphans' 25th Anniversary Galas in Canad... May 27 church and state 1
News Growing demand for occupational, speech therapy... May 26 Anonymous 2
News Massena PD Public Record (May '13) May 25 HOSS LORTZ 7
News Early diagnosis of HIV among men who have sex w... May 25 joandelesbianarc 1
News How Many People Take Benzodiazepines? May 15 jeff 1
News Top 9 Vacation Destinations For Wall Street Geeks (Sep '14) May 13 Andarz Abedini 3
News 2 dead, 10 wounded in weekend shootings on Sout... May 12 reality is a crutch 2
More from around the web