Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 22,987

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#18591 Sep 20, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text> .The purpose of our discussion is to find whether Muhammad had the qualities of a prophet or not.It would make our discussion short and precise if you mention the people who knew the standards of a true prophet before Muhammad and other abrahamic prophets who allegedly existed.
Once you mention it,we can get to the core of the matter and hence it would obviate any further discussion on qualities.We can then talk about the people who knew these standards.
Brother, that will come later on, when we are finished with the list of qualities and then we cake individuals and see, how many qualify for from that list.

Unless you have knowledge about what qualities a prophet should have, it is not correct to start mentioning names and have arguments.

That is why, I am not mentioning any names here, just a list of qualities.

You have to have patience, when discussing this matter, as I told you a number of times.

If you any question about the qualities, without mentioning any names, then it is OK.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#18592 Sep 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Brother, that will come later on, when we are finished with the list of qualities and then we cake individuals and see, how many qualify for from that list.
Unless you have knowledge about what qualities a prophet should have, it is not correct to start mentioning names and have arguments.
That is why, I am not mentioning any names here, just a list of qualities.
You have to have patience, when discussing this matter, as I told you a number of times.
If you any question about the qualities, without mentioning any names, then it is OK.
You need to prove your god instead of proving that you are a dishonest cult idiot.

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

#18593 Sep 21, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the scientific facts that Muq claims are contained within the koran,,, he brought the subject up,,, he changed the topic,,, I think you are entitled to an explanation.
Well,If I ask for the explanation he would use that as an excuse and blame me for cutting him short.After all,he always finds a way to escape serious questions that are put before him.Let him go his way and I would catch him once he finishes with his 20th post on Muhammad.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#18596 Sep 22, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,If I ask for the explanation he would use that as an excuse and blame me for cutting him short.After all,he always finds a way to escape serious questions that are put before him.Let him go his way and I would catch him once he finishes with his 20th post on Muhammad.
Ask question about the properties what I am quoting and do not consider about the personalities.

First I asked you people, have you any knowledge or info about these qualities, when you said you had none, only then I started giving them.

Instead of understanding them, you want to derail the discussion.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#18597 Sep 22, 2013
Qualities of a True Prophet of God:

O1. Fourteenth Quality: Teachings of a Prophet

a. Teachings related to Faith and Beliefs

Despite different Codes of Laws for their people, speaking Different Languages, having differences in Color, Caste and Creed and Geographical Locations and Times, all prophets of God, have following as essential parts of beliefs in their teachings:

1. Worship Only One God:

Worship only One True Lord of Universe and shun worship of false gods, idols and associating any one in the worship of True God of Universe. One should only fear God and no one else in the world

2. Follow me:

Follow my teachings and try to emulate me as best as you can.

3. Prepare for the Hereafter:

Perform Good Deeds and shun Evil Deeds, so you can be successful and pass the test of your life, accounts of which shall be taken on the Last Day or the Judgment Day.

These are essential and unchanging part of teachings of every True Prophet of God. And these are the things thru which we can distinguish a True prophet of God from a False prophet claiming to be from God.

If we find any so called prophet compromising on these basic teachings, he can be any thing else except a True Prophet of God.
spider

Chatteris, UK

#18598 Sep 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Despite different Codes of Laws for their people, speaking Different Languages, having differences in Color, Caste and Creed and Geographical Locations and Times, all prophets of God, have following as essential parts of beliefs in their teachings:
1. Worship Only One God:
Worship only One True Lord of Universe and shun worship of false gods, idols and associating any one in the worship of True God of Universe. One should only fear God and no one else in the world
2. Follow me:
Perform Good Deeds and shun Evil Deeds, so you can be successful and pass the test of your life, accounts of which shall be taken on the Last Day or the Judgment Day.
These are essential and unchanging part of teachings of every True Prophet of God. And these are the things thru which we can distinguish a True prophet of God from a False prophet claiming to be from God.
If we find any so called prophet compromising on these basic teachings, he can be any thing else except a True Prophet of God.
ONE SHOULD ONLY FEAR GOD AND NO ONE ELSE IN THE WORLD.

Why would a god wish to be feared ??

That is evil.
spider

Chatteris, UK

#18599 Sep 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
1. Worship Only One God:
2. Follow me:
PREPARE FOR THE HEREAFTER.

There is no proof of a god or a hereafter, you my friend have been conned.
spider

Chatteris, UK

#18600 Sep 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
1. Worship Only One God:
2. Follow me:
DESPITE DIFFERENT CODES OF LAWS FOR THEIR PEOPLE.

Why would a god give different codes of law around the world ???
this would just cause imbalance, problems, confusion.
Dak-Original

Mitcham, UK

#18601 Sep 22, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would a god wish to be feared ??
That is evil.
"Fear GOD" could only be written by those who had experienced a tyrant ruler!
Dak-Original

Mitcham, UK

#18602 Sep 22, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
According to MUQ, you live in this life to prepare for comfortable (and 72 virgin in bargain) next life in sky heaven.
Dak-Original

Mitcham, UK

#18603 Sep 22, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
DESPITE DIFFERENT CODES OF LAWS FOR THEIR PEOPLE.
MUQ will tell you that you that you are jealous of the Arabs, or more likely he will tell you: "Allah knows best!"

NB: Evolution of species is now proven to be a fact!

Devil's hometown

#18604 Sep 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
1. Worship Only One God:
2. Follow me:
So why was Ahmadiyas' redeemer was rejected even though he followed Muhammad and Jesus?
A)Your first point is invalid since all abrahamic prophets were allegedly from same geographical region.And Quran doesn't even mention anything about people who have existed beyond that region.
So saying prophets existed in all parts of the world is just an unwarranted claim.Though Muhammad did hold the same opinion as you do,he failed to mention the name of the prophets who didn't belong to Abrahamic religions.This could be related to the fact that no non- Abrahamic religion except the local polytheist cult was followed in Middle-east in those days.So it seems obvious that Muhammad's acceptance of Jesus and Moses was merely because knew about their religions. There is clearly a lack of evidences that would prove your Allah had connection with the rest of the world.
So how could you say people rejected Allah's guidance before Muhammad when there is no evidence from Islamic sources that would prove otherwise?
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18605 Sep 22, 2013
If I can interupt this shiite conversation for minute, this is from sunni Derby...
http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Teachers-De...
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18606 Sep 22, 2013
This might be worth repeating here...
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
.... And sometimes come across as politically correct. For example in the UK the full veil is allowed in schools and courts, even though this means a person cannot be identified. Politicians come out in defense or are silent, as do not wish to cause offence.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#18607 Sep 22, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>So why was Ahmadiyas' redeemer was rejected even though he followed Muhammad and Jesus?
A)Your first point is invalid since all abrahamic prophets were allegedly from same geographical region.And Quran doesn't even mention anything about people who have existed beyond that region.
So saying prophets existed in all parts of the world is just an unwarranted claim.Though Muhammad did hold the same opinion as you do,he failed to mention the name of the prophets who didn't belong to Abrahamic religions.This could be related to the fact that no non- Abrahamic religion except the local polytheist cult was followed in Middle-east in those days.So it seems obvious that Muhammad's acceptance of Jesus and Moses was merely because knew about their religions. There is clearly a lack of evidences that would prove your Allah had connection with the rest of the world.
So how could you say people rejected Allah's guidance before Muhammad when there is no evidence from Islamic sources that would prove otherwise?
Again you are jumping the lines and asking names.

Just concentrate on the qualities of prophets and we will discuss names, when we are thru with the qualities.

It was the same "impatience" which was the reason you handed over the baton to some one else and now I see, you are doing the same thing once again.

It seems you are not following our arguments at all, are you?
spider

Chatteris, UK

#18608 Sep 22, 2013
EdSed wrote:
If I can interupt this shiite conversation for minute, this is from sunni Derby...
http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Teachers-De...
Sorry you find the conversation boring Ed,,, didn't realise they had schools in Derby. Glad they are waking up there.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#18609 Sep 22, 2013
Spider wrote:

Why would a god wish to be feared??

That is evil.

ESPITE DIFFERENT CODES OF LAWS FOR THEIR PEOPLE.

Ans.

Fear of God:

The fear is of different kind, depending upon the closeness which a person has towards God.

The more a man realizes, how much God has cared for him and provided everything in the earth of him the more he loves God and "fears" for disobeying Him, because one hates to disobey who is his benefactor.

But those who curse and reject and abuse God, they have a different level of fear, the fear of a convicted criminal when he is brought to judge for sentencing.

Fear of God is not "terrorizing" the people, but invoking in the "remembrance of God". It is not evil in the least. This fear is the basis of "civilized living".

2. Proof of Hereafter:

If there was no Hereafter, then one would believe that there is law of jungle out there.

People killing other people in tens, hundeds, thousands, hundreds of thousands and even in millions, and getting Scot Free.

People cheating, stealing, robbing and doing every king of injustice and getting thru the life Scot Free.

Is the Universe created on injustice?

There HAS to be a time, when every one has to pay for his or her deeds in this world.

3. Different Laws:

There is no change in fundamental principles. But the "operating procedures" might change depending upon the local needs and level of civilization.

That is why the codes of laws have been at variance, but the basic article of faith and basic functions of law have been same.

reasoner

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#18610 Sep 23, 2013
Muq,

1. Fear of God

It is not cilivised to tell someone you believe in me or be tortured for ever in hell fire. This is the mentality of a psychopath. "Civilised living" is trearing people how you would want to be treated.

2.Proof of Hereafter

It >is< the law of the jungle out there. The universe is neither moral or immoral. It is one quite different that if a loving Deity created it.

3.Different Laws

There >are< major differences between the world religions. Just take Christianity as an example. Worhsiping a man as God. You >know< this is crazy. Buddhists have no God in their religion. This inconsistency proves no gods are behind religions.

reasoner (formerly spudgun)

Devil's hometown

#18611 Sep 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Fear of God:
The fear is of different kind, depending upon the closeness which a person has towards God.
The more a man realizes, how much God has cared for him and provided everything in the earth of him the more he loves God and "fears" for disobeying Him, because one hates to disobey who is his benefactor.
But those who curse and reject and abuse God, they have a different level of fear, the fear of a convicted criminal when he is brought to judge for sentencing.
Fear of God is not "terrorizing" the people, but invoking in the "remembrance of God". It is not evil in the least. This fear is the basis of "civilized living".
2. Proof of Hereafter:
If there was no Hereafter, then one would believe that there is law of jungle out there.
People killing other people in tens, hundeds, thousands, hundreds of thousands and even in millions, and getting Scot Free.
People cheating, stealing, robbing and doing every king of injustice and getting thru the life Scot Free.
Is the Universe created on injustice?
There HAS to be a time, when every one has to pay for his or her deeds in this world.
3. Different Laws:
There is no change in fundamental principles. But the "operating procedures" might change depending upon the local needs and level of civilization.
That is why the codes of laws have been at variance, but the basic article of faith and basic functions of law have been same.
Seriously man,how does your second point proves that there is afterlife?
Don't believing Muslims kill each other and rob each other even though they are indoctrinated to Islamic principles right from childhood?
People's compliance to moral values doesn't imply that the Hereafter exists.Your answer seems to be more subjective rather than based on reason.It is we who give meanings and objectives to our lives and not any God.Since we live in society and have higher level of consciousness,we have made certain rules and laws which people are expected to conform.Religions are nothing but adulteration of moral values with dogmas and some vicious principles(which we don't agree with).
PS:I don't expect such a childish post from you,MUQ.Give proper reasons to support your claims.

Devil's hometown

#18612 Sep 23, 2013
reasoner wrote:
Muq,
1. Fear of God
It is not cilivised to tell someone you believe in me or be tortured for ever in hell fire. This is the mentality of a psychopath. "Civilised living" is trearing people how you would want to be treated.
2.Proof of Hereafter
It >is< the law of the jungle out there. The universe is neither moral or immoral. It is one quite different that if a loving Deity created it.
3.Different Laws
There >are< major differences between the world religions. Just take Christianity as an example. Worhsiping a man as God. You >know< this is crazy. Buddhists have no God in their religion. This inconsistency proves no gods are behind religions.
reasoner (formerly spudgun)
True.
There is nothing moral or immoral objectively in the universe.It's just our subjective interpretation .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Work on Vietnam's first subway at the Saigon Ri... Oct 17 bac ky vc leimdit... 14
Vietnam police bust prostitution rings targetin... Oct 16 SpongeBob 4
Greer Labs sues ex-executive for $840,000 Oct 16 The Devils Advocate 13
The 2014 election might stretch into 2015, than... Oct 12 Marine Corp Pat 9
Heartland Institute Climate Experts Comment on ... Oct 10 tha Professor 3
Vietnam's royal rickshaw on its way home from F... Oct 8 whowerethey 7
15 rioters sentenced in southern Vietnam Oct 3 Dragon gene 8

9 People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE