Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,565

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story
MUQ

Lucknow, India

#17966 Aug 2, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer is easy if you apply logic,,, if an individual is raised from child hood in a cult, then they are brain washed, they fear alternatives, they fear their fellow believers, the possible rejection and punishment that may be inflicted on them for standing out from the crowd and saying, " MY MIND IS FREE, I THINK FOR MYSELF". There is a saying " Death before dishonour", that is a code we could all do well to abide by,,, if of course it's meaning is understood.
You are going off topic Mr. Spider.

Keep your thoughts focused, we will deal with other matters.

Why you entered into the debate on "Qualities of a True Prophet of God, without having any knowledge about the subject'?

I have to pull on, because the subject has to be completed.
MUQ

Lucknow, India

#17967 Aug 2, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>No, it means without theism. If you were born theist, no parents would be teaching any sort of indoctrition. You and every human alive was born atheist.
There is no rejecting anything to be an atheist. Atheist is not theist.
Do all the religions that you reject make you an atheist?
No human child will "believe" he created himslef and this Universe came by itslef.

He has to try very hard to believe in these most unreasonable ideas, and it is only by denying very hard that this will become his or her "natural thoughts".

There have been very less "atheists societies" in whole human history.

My Dear, NO ONE is Born Atheist!!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#17968 Aug 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
No human child will "believe" he created himslef and this Universe came by itslef.
He has to try very hard to believe in these most unreasonable ideas, and it is only by denying very hard that this will become his or her "natural thoughts".
There have been very less "atheists societies" in whole human history.
My Dear, NO ONE is Born Atheist!!
Everyone's born atheists and you're a coward with no proof of god. Both facts that you cannot refute.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17969 Aug 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
No human child will "believe" he created himself and this Universe came by itself...
No child is born knowing about religion. That has to be taught. Newborns are weak atheists in that they have no beliefs in God or gods.

If you think about it, if a God exists, and wants us to know of his existence, it would be easy for him to implant directly in our minds the truth of his existence. i.e. without the need for priests or prophets. However as God is completely silent, that is >positive< proof there is no God.

According to Muslims and Christians, God wants us to come to the "truth" and be "saved" (from hell). This God does not provide us with decent evidence of his existence, and instead gives contradictory revelations to so called "prophets".

This also is further >positive< proof that a God does not exist.
LCN Llin

United States

#17970 Aug 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious liars need to prove the god's they choose to lie about or f*ck off, its been that way since the dawn of time itself.
Nobody has proven their god, they all need their mental illnesses cured through professional help.
If they still believe they are not lying, take them to court and lets see how much evidence they can bring up to defend their hate-cults.
"If you weren't tilting at windmills, you would have nothing to post." -Waxman
TamiI Kovil

South Ockendon, UK

#17971 Aug 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone's born atheists and you're a coward with no proof of god. Both facts that you cannot refute.
We all know that newer generations will be better informed about religion ie. science over God.

However, the rise in radical Islam will result in more [usually non religious] people in the West to claim Christianity as their primary faith, even if they haven't been to church in the last 5 years and wouldn't normally refer to themselves as such.

As the anti-Muslim brigade get ever louder, so too will more moderate Muslims who see their whole faith coming under attack.

This will again result in Pro-christian movements becoming ever more vociferous in condemning Islam.

The result will be an even more religious society in 30 years.

All that good work undone by religious fanatics
LCN Llin

United States

#17972 Aug 2, 2013
TamiI Kovil wrote:
<quoted text>
We all know that newer generations will be better informed about religion ie. science over God.
However, the rise in radical Islam will result in more [usually non religious] people in the West to claim Christianity as their primary faith, even if they haven't been to church in the last 5 years and wouldn't normally refer to themselves as such.
As the anti-Muslim brigade get ever louder, so too will more moderate Muslims who see their whole faith coming under attack.
This will again result in Pro-christian movements becoming ever more vociferous in condemning Islam.
Thanks! an intelligent post!

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#17973 Aug 2, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
Atheism to Defeat Religion
Atheism 14
Religion 14
Half-Time
Atheism - 70
Religion - 0 as they hasn't found the stadium yet

first minute of the first quarter
Thinking

UK

#17974 Aug 2, 2013
I think any rise in islam will just result in more people telling muslims to f**k off. I don't think christianity will get a bounce from it.
TamiI Kovil wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#17975 Aug 2, 2013
Oh no! Don't ask him that! He will have to either copy and paste something from his collection of Christian apologetic websites or try to stumble through with his atrociously poor English skills!

Spudgun that was very cruel!:))

The short answer is his preacher hates atheists, so he does too.
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>Please explain. What is troubling? That Atheism may be on the rise?

Louisville, KY

#17976 Aug 2, 2013
Muhammad has been disqualified by your own requirements. He was a rural warlord not a role model and he certainly killed and maimed many to collect gold, land, slaves and more so he benefitted materially which goes against your last requirement.

Wow you really didn't think this through did you? Would you say many in Islam are are ignorant as you? My how Islam has failed you!
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>You are going off topic Mr. Spider.

Keep your thoughts focused, we will deal with other matters.

Why you entered into the debate on "Qualities of a True Prophet of God, without having any knowledge about the subject'?

I have to pull on, because the subject has to be completed.

Louisville, KY

#17977 Aug 2, 2013
Tell that to the stacks for foreclosed church deeds and religious leaders calling the nonbeliever movement devastating. The Christians are trembling over atheists as proven by all of the effort you spend on us. Simply put so many Christians wouldn't be wasting the tremendous time, effort and money on nonbelievers if we were such a small insignificant number and not progressing. It would be a fruitless endeavor yes?
TamiI Kovil wrote:
<quoted text>We all know that newer generations will be better informed about religion ie. science over God.

Louisville, KY

#17978 Aug 2, 2013
The overwhelming majority of Islamic growth is from them having excessive amounts of children.
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>I think any rise in islam will just result in more people telling muslims to f**k off. I don't think christianity will get a bounce from it.
LCN Llin

United States

#17979 Aug 2, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism - 70
Religion - 0 as they hasn't found the stadium yet
first minute of the first quarter
Thanks!
No chance of "a Hail Mary Pass" :-)
Thinking

UK

#17980 Aug 2, 2013
Family sizes come down when women are empowered.
islam's not known for that...
Givemeliberty wrote:
The overwhelming majority of Islamic growth is from them having excessive amounts of children.
<quoted text>

Louisville, KY

#17981 Aug 2, 2013
Well they are bought and sold like baseball cards in Islam. Once women start getting a proper education in Islam it will crumble faster.
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Family sizes come down when women are empowered.
LCN Llin

United States

#17982 Aug 2, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Family sizes come down when women are empowered.
<quoted text>
Condom use of gay sex both work
LCN Llin

United States

#17983 Aug 2, 2013
Condom use *or* gay sex both work
LCN Llin

United States

#17984 Aug 2, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Well they are bought and sold like baseball cards in Islam. Once women start getting a proper education in Islam it will crumble faster.
<quoted text>
Muslim women flee to the UK & US to escape their lot at home.
Thinking

UK

#17985 Aug 2, 2013
Good for you, I don't need either.
LCN Llin wrote:
Condom use *or* gay sex both work

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Madonna follows Brits tumble with UK dates on n... Mon Ralph 1
Battle Brewing Craft beer producers seek tax br... Mon Grubercrats DUH 6
Madonna falls at Brit Awards; Twitter laughs Feb 27 Steve in Glasgow 3
Vietnam hub offers $84k salaries to reverse bra... Feb 23 SpongeBob 25
Barack Obama Citizenship Scandal: 10 Key Quotes... Feb 22 Cantstansya 4
Chinese Premier Praises Pakistan (Dec '10) Feb 14 Hamad 2
50 things you might not know about Fifty Shades... Feb 12 Do you think Im sexy 1
More from around the web