Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24181 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#17739 Jul 18, 2013
It seems our Fadu Singh is "more than eager" to take the main lead once again!!

Did he not moved in circles having doubts over what Jews think about prophets and what Christians think about prophets.

Now he is trying to use the same tactics asking divergent questions, to mislead from our main topic.

He should change his name, before I answer his comments, if I answer at all.

And what happened to Mr. Spider?

Has he chickened out?

He said he is feeling "bore"!!

What a reason to run away from discusiion!!
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17740 Jul 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Why should "I break my head" over what Catholics and Protestants differ? We "Only" see that one' Bible has 66 Books and another' 73 books!!
Is it not strange?
Sunni and Shia Muslims have a different collection of Hadith. That also is strange.

No doubt each one things they are right, and the other sect are apostates.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17741 Jul 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not discuss "internal difference" between various sects and denominations of Jews, Christians , Hindus, Buddhists and Sikhs either.
It is easy to see the followers of other faiths as deluded. It is easy for you to see Christians as delusional and following false beliefs.

All you need to do is apply the same level of skepticism to your own religion. A small step to enlightenment!
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#17742 Jul 19, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
It is easy to see the followers of other faiths as deluded. It is easy for you to see Christians as delusional and following false beliefs.
All you need to do is apply the same level of skepticism to your own religion. A small step to enlightenment!
I challenge Christians to come forward and prove that they follow what jesus taught and preached.

Most of them are following what St. Paul told them and this St. Paul was not a disciple of jesus. He never met him, not learned any thing from him and did not learn any thing from the chosen 12 disciples of Jesus.

His claim of Apostle of Jesus was self made and it was he who turned simple teachings of Jesus upside down and brought out a New edition of what Jesus taught.

As for Muslims, we try to follow as best as what our prophet taught. We did not change any of his teachings.... out shortcoming is only to the extent we follow.

Word of Allah and sayings of our prophet are preserved in the same condition as when they were uttered.

There is a lot of difference when Muslims argue and when Christians argue.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17743 Jul 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
..St. Paul was not a disciple of jesus. He never met him, not learned any thing from him and did not learn any thing from the chosen 12 disciples of Jesus.
His claim of Apostle of Jesus was self made and it was he who turned simple teachings of Jesus upside down and brought out a New edition of what Jesus taught.
As for Muslims, we try to follow as best as what our prophet taught. We did not change any of his teachings..
Some of what you say above is true. Paul was not a disciple of Jesus and was a self made man whose teachings were different to those of the gospels.

However you repeat Muslim propaganda that Paul perverted Jesus' true teachings.

If you do research, you will find out that Paul was in fact the founder of Christianity, not Jesus.

Paul's letters were written first and then the gospels decades later. This is a very important point. Jesus teaching was just stuff people made up decades after the events. These gospels all contradict each other, and contradict the earlier letters of Paul.

Paul was not perverting any Christian teaching, because he initiated the new religion in the first place.

Muslims have a very mixed up view of Christianity, cherry picking bits of the gospels which fit in with the Quran, and saying everything else was a corruption. Christians cherry pick other bits and come up with a very different understanding. And they dont just follow Paul as you say. If anything they put the gospels first and Pauls letters second. But that is not my main point.

The way to understand it properly is to look at all of it. Then you will find that there are massive contradictions throughout, errors and absurdities. All of it can be rejected as nonsense. Same applies to other so called holy books.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17744 Jul 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
From your perspective yes. But for us its just an argument over who has the best imaginary friend.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#17745 Jul 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I challenge Christians to come forward and prove that they follow what jesus taught and preached.
Most of them are following what St. Paul told them and this St. Paul was not a disciple of jesus. He never met him, not learned any thing from him and did not learn any thing from the chosen 12 disciples of Jesus.
As for Muslims, we try to follow as best as what our prophet taught. We did not change any of his teachings.... out shortcoming is only to the extent we follow.
Word of Allah and sayings of our prophet are preserved in the same condition as when they were uttered.
Brain damage is not a valid religion.
LCN Llin

United States

#17746 Jul 19, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Brain damage is not a valid religion.
Seems your reason for posting?
LOL
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#17747 Jul 19, 2013
AKA the tallest dwarf competition.
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
From your perspective yes. But for us its just an argument over who has the best imaginary friend.
Jay

Sherwood Park, Canada

#17748 Jul 19, 2013
When the name Muhammad is the most popular name in the uk I'd suggest atheism is the least of your concerns. Can I get a Allah Akkbar!! Them Muslims are raising the roof everywhere, even in Canada a first happened a bunch of muslim immigrants are taking our government to court because they want citizenship but do not want to swear alliiegance to the Queen. Go figure crusades... Ect.... Thinking in running in politics next time I suggest we put them in a sea container drill some holes and push it out to sea. After all would a Muslim expect an infidel to do anything different? Just saying,
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#17749 Jul 19, 2013
Urban myth. It's Oliver.
Jay wrote:
When the name Muhammad is the most popular name in the uk I'd suggest atheism is the least of your concerns. Can I get a Allah Akkbar!! Them Muslims are raising the roof everywhere, even in Canada a first happened a bunch of muslim immigrants are taking our government to court because they want citizenship but do not want to swear alliiegance to the Queen. Go figure crusades... Ect.... Thinking in running in politics next time I suggest we put them in a sea container drill some holes and push it out to sea. After all would a Muslim expect an infidel to do anything different? Just saying,
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#17750 Jul 19, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Urban myth. It's Oliver.
<quoted text>
Aparently a myth started or furthered by the Daily Mail...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13241...
(Personally, I never use or accept the DM as a source of information).

According to sources like Wiki, Mohammed isn't in the top ten.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19242991

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#17751 Jul 19, 2013
Exactly and they keep killing each other over this myth.
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>Sunni and Shia Muslims have a different collection of Hadith. That also is strange.

No doubt each one things they are right, and the other sect are apostates.

Henderson, KY

#17752 Jul 19, 2013
Why are there only 2 pallbearers at a Muslim funeral?

Trash cans only have 2 handles!

Lol!
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>I challenge Christians to come forward and prove that they follow what jesus taught and preached.

Thinking

Lymington, UK

#17753 Jul 19, 2013
Do you ever listen to "More or Less" on Radio 4?
They also busted this myth quite some time ago.
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Aparently a myth started or furthered by the Daily Mail...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13241...
(Personally, I never use or accept the DM as a source of information).
According to sources like Wiki, Mohammed isn't in the top ten.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19242991
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#17754 Jul 19, 2013
The topic of our discussion is Qualities of True prophets of God.

I do not want to start multiple discussions on the same thread on different topics at the same time.

Where is Mr. Spider the "lead man" ? Why is he hiding? I do not see him being active ?

Why this sudden loss of interest?

Can anyone take his place? Except Mr. Fadu Singh, because he handed over that baton.
spider

Cambridge, UK

#17755 Jul 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
I do not want to start multiple discussions on the same thread on different topics at the same time.
Where is Mr. Spider the "lead man" ? Why is he hiding? I do not see him being active ?
Can anyone take his place? Except Mr. Fadu Singh, because he handed over that baton.
May I ask,,, what is your occupation ?

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#17756 Jul 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
More garbage from our resident pedophile.

Henderson, KY

#17757 Jul 19, 2013
He has said he is a janitor at the airport I believe it was.
spider wrote:
<quoted text>May I ask,,, what is your occupation ?
henry

Zwickau, Germany

#17758 Jul 20, 2013
misterfrost wrote:
<quoted text>
You confuse "capitalism" with corporatism and there is a huge difference.
Capitalism is the ruling System. The nuclear Age is on its way to destroy mankind. No Chance to escape for humanity. Harrisburg, Three miles,Ttchernobyl, Fukushima are just way marks for the Ends of human life. The AKWs fasten the Inferno.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police log: Subject defecated on a porch Tue Davenport 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Jun 19 Dementia mental c... 36
News The Outrages of Sharia Jun 10 Eagle 12 3
News Man convicted of raping girl (Aug '10) Jun 9 Machine1000 12
News Ramsey grand juror welcomes new DNA tests, disc... Jun 4 The Leftovers 2
News Woman gets prison for helping undocumented immi... Jun 4 Swedenforever of ... 8
News Legislators getting yearly raises of 2 percent,... May 23 Bob Page 1
More from around the web