Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24181 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#14983 Apr 22, 2013
realist wrote:
Hey atheists,you know that inner thought inside of you that tells you something you are about to do is wrong and you shouldnt do it.That is your GOD conscious that almighty God put in you. its called a spirit. God puts this spirit in everybody. every time you go against your GOD conscious you drift farther and farther away from GOD. finally you will one day call yourself an atheist because you lost your spirit and have no conscious.
your
It is the goddesses who make you have those inner thoughts. How long have you been a Pagan?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#14984 Apr 22, 2013
SG wrote:
01. Praying five times a day is a colossal waste of human time and energy in a completely pointless task. If God is all powerful and all good, he will do the right thing irrespective of what prayers are offered to it.

02. An all powerful being would not need prayer. Prayer makes no sense. And besides, dont you ever think the being you are praying to could be imaginary?

03. What are the chances that you have the right god and right religion, out of all the various conflicting ones on offer.

04. The fact is our beliefs are largely formed by our upbringing and community that we live in, and have little to do with any particular sky entities.

05. And yes Allah was believed to live in the sky, as proven by the night flight. And has only be relocated to an alternate dimension since science has disproved sky beings living above our heads.
Ans.

01. Some people say watching TV every day and reading daily News papers as "More colossal waste of human time and energy".

It depends on the perspective, so you spend your time in drinks and dance parties and music shows and football games….and leave us to pray five times or more….why should it harm you?

02. Who told you that OUR prayers benefit Allah? They are for OUR benefit and not His. We thank Him for all the Blessings and good things in life, which He has given us and ask for His pardon and mercy

03. You do not toss a coin to chose which version you are going to follow? Do you? So there is no "chance" for any error.

We do not believe in chance, we are SURE that what we believe in is truth. As for different religions having different concepts, we can check and analyze and it would be clear that our's is the most logical and reasonable concept than every one else's.

04. This is true to some level. But not for every one. If every one was following religions of his parents, how come we see Billions of Christians and Muslims in the world today.

At some instant, some one changes his / her religion and selects another one.

So we tell you about our religion, to whom it appeals, they accept it and to whom it does not appeal, they continue their way.

We are not responsible for "how many" accepted our message.

06. And what do you know, what the word 'sky" means in Arabic? It means any thing "above" earth.

And seeing that earth is spherical in shape, every direction in upward and every where there is sky.

Alternate Dimension idea is very good, but how come science "prove" that there is no "other dimension"? On Mathematical level it is possible, but no one can "experiment" with it.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#14985 Apr 22, 2013
RP wrote:
01. Advisor to whom? If I were to replace her, I should know who I would be advising, wouldn't you think? And if my views are exactly like hers, why would my input be needed. Would you like us to be twice as loud and twice as infuriated, by your insane dogma? To share exactly, ones views would not be likened to "almost a carbon copy", but rather as a clone. How many doctors of psychiatry do you think would sanction the anal ripping of a newborn child, by his own father's penis? These are crimes far worse than just sexual battery, and rape, these type actions are a betrayal of the family unit, it is an assault on humanity itself, it is monstrous.

02. Yesterday at my house, a goose hatched two eggs. She and the male are guarding those babies, the male goose is as diligent as she is, in protecting their young. You freak could learn from geese. The young are not meant to be violated. A parent is meant by nature to protect the offspring. It takes a being a criminal and a pedophile to actually touch a child with your penis.
Ans.

01. Since you ALWAYS suggest solutions which are against morality, so you would support each other.

It does not matter how you two work and why should I waste my time in "advising you"?

And which religion or society permits that children be violated or harmed? Why are you creating all this hysteria?

02. Yes the instinct to protect their young is present in every life form. Humans have the most developed sense than other life forms.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#14986 Apr 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. Since you ALWAYS suggest solutions which are against morality, so you would support each other.
It does not matter how you two work and why should I waste my time in "advising you"?
And which religion or society permits that children be violated or harmed? Why are you creating all this hysteria?
02. Yes the instinct to protect their young is present in every life form. Humans have the most developed sense than other life forms.
Still no comment from you on:-

Is this because you agree with the murder of young girls?

Since: Mar 11

United States

#14987 Apr 23, 2013
Islam permits children to be violated, harmed even killed in the name of Allah and you have admitted this Muq.
MUQ wrote:
Ans.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#14988 Apr 23, 2013
realist wrote:
Hey atheists,you know that inner thought inside of you that tells you something you are about to do is wrong and you shouldnt do it.That is your GOD conscious that almighty God put in you. its called a spirit. God puts this spirit in everybody. every time you go against your GOD conscious you drift farther and farther away from GOD. finally you will one day call yourself an atheist because you lost your spirit and have no conscious.
your
Jonny Eve sings it like it is....
http://www.atheismuk.com/2012/03/31/atheism/y...

Religion = superstition and only fools fool themselves.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#14989 Apr 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
….and leave us to pray five times or more….why should it harm you?
I agree that you praying does no harm to me personally. It is more a friendly word to say that speaking to an imaginary friend, does not make any sense. Whilst meditating may give you a sense of comfort, religions can also be psychological damaging. You have to believe in a lot of superstition and nonsense. Many people with religion live in fear that they and their loved ones will end up in hell. Needless to say, this is purely and imaginary fear, with no basis in reality.
shani89

UK

#14990 Apr 23, 2013
Ava. if you think Marcus`s report is cool, on tuesday I bought a top of the range Alfa Romeo since I been bringin in $9978 this past four weeks and also 10/k last munth. it's by-far the easiest job I've ever done. I began this 3 months ago and pretty much straight away was bringing in at least $75, per-hour. I use this web-site, hub16.com

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#14991 Apr 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Unsolicited advice is almost always a waste of time. No one here ever asked for your advice. No one here wants it. No one here believes that you even think on a level that would make your advice anything other than laughable. If you think your presence here serves any useful purpose other than as an example of the kind of theist folly that supports the atheist position in ways that even we cannot, you are deluding yourself.

Since: Apr 13

Tbilisi, Georgia

#14992 Apr 23, 2013
interesing....

Signature
----------
baby&me - the new evian film

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#14993 Apr 23, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that you praying does no harm to me personally. It is more a friendly word to say that speaking to an imaginary friend, does not make any sense. Whilst meditating may give you a sense of comfort, religions can also be psychological damaging. You have to believe in a lot of superstition and nonsense. Many people with religion live in fear that they and their loved ones will end up in hell. Needless to say, this is purely and imaginary fear, with no basis in reality.
Praying is the only part of their religion that does no harm because while they are praying they are not thighing, marrying off children, stoning young girls to death, bombing, whipping and beheading other people.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#14994 Apr 23, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Praying is the only part of their religion that does no harm because while they are praying they are not thighing, marrying off children, stoning young girls to death, bombing, whipping and beheading other people.
Havent you heard islam means "peace" and the prophets are kind people cuddling lambs and giving everyone flowers and hugs... according to the brainwashed Muq :)

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#14995 Apr 23, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Havent you heard islam means "peace" and the prophets are kind people cuddling lambs and giving everyone flowers and hugs... according to the brainwashed Muq :)
Sorry, that's right 9/11 was actually an Interflora delivery.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#14996 Apr 23, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
If you see every thing in Universe and still think that its Creator is imaginary, then you need to get your head examined.

Some thing is seriously wrong with you!!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#14997 Apr 23, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
Unsolicited advice is almost always a waste of time. No one here ever asked for your advice. No one here wants it. No one here believes that you even think on a level that would make your advice anything other than laughable. If you think your presence here serves any useful purpose other than as an example of the kind of theist folly that supports the atheist position in ways that even we cannot, you are deluding yourself.
And who asked your advice? Solicited or non-Solicited ?

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#14998 Apr 23, 2013
Several people have asked him for his advice actually. You are nothing more than a clear example of the barbaric nature created by Islam.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>And who asked your advice? Solicited or non-Solicited ?

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#14999 Apr 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If you see every thing in Universe and still think that its Creator is imaginary, then you need to get your head examined.
Some thing is seriously wrong with you!!

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#15000 Apr 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And who asked your advice? Solicited or non-Solicited ?

Libertarian

London, UK

#15001 Apr 23, 2013
Sadly I think religions will be with us for a long time to come.

No leaders will give up that method of oppressing and control their uneducated masses anytime soon.
(America is the most perfect example. most of your founding fathers were atheists but you cant handle that as a population. Your politicians have to lie because for some reason you don't want a leader unless he's got a magical friend in the sky.
We get the fate we deserve.)

Think for yourselves? No leader wants that!

The long term survival of our species depends on co-operation.
Our world was at a crossroads in the 80's. Thanks to Reagan and Thatcher (boo hiss) we took the path which values money over people rather than the alternative. We cannot go back without global effort.

They have doomed us.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#15002 Apr 23, 2013
Libertarian wrote:
Sadly I think religions will be with us for a long time to come.
No leaders will give up that method of oppressing and control their uneducated masses anytime soon.
(America is the most perfect example. most of your founding fathers were atheists but you cant handle that as a population. Your politicians have to lie because for some reason you don't want a leader unless he's got a magical friend in the sky.
We get the fate we deserve.)
Think for yourselves? No leader wants that!
The long term survival of our species depends on co-operation.
Our world was at a crossroads in the 80's. Thanks to Reagan and Thatcher (boo hiss) we took the path which values money over people rather than the alternative. We cannot go back without global effort.
They have doomed us.
That's funny because I've come to the opposite conclusion. C'est la vie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News JonBenet case analysis suggests Ramsey family s... 17 hr kauna 68
News Columbus crime rate lowest in 10 years, FBI rep... Apr 17 General Zod 5
News United States $10+ Billion Indoor Air Quality M... Apr 4 will it clean coa... 1
News Southern Bancorp Plans To Raise $20M Mar 29 Hmmm 16
News 3 Homebuilders To Avoid, 1 To Consider Now (Feb '12) Mar 28 COLONY in a COUNTRY 12
News Ramsey grand juror welcomes new DNA tests, disc... Mar 23 Texxy 1
News Greer Labs sues ex-executive for $840,000 (Oct '14) Mar '17 Southerngirl 17
More from around the web