Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 23770 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#14878 Apr 20, 2013
And when did anyone here discuss this Anne Marie person? Oh that's right they didn't you are just spam blasting the board again.

Indeed we see how barbaric the bible and Quran are. And actually the NT says let he who is without sin cast the first stone.... So your knowledge even in your mindless spam is lacking.
MUQ wrote:
So both Bible and Quran agree that adulterous men and women should face death penalty.
This Anne Marie Waters looks like to be the Fool of First Waters and only fools should contact her for solutions to their problem.
Lincoln

United States

#14879 Apr 20, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
What's funny is how you don't believe how ridiculous life under Islam can get.
Here you go...
http://lmgtfy.com/...
Once again, when will men have to wear burkahs?
File-sharing isn't just a good way to get the latest episode of your favorite TV show. It's also a religion. Kopimism is an officially-recognized faith in Sweden, and has established a church in the US too. Its credo? Copying information is holy.

Founded by Swedish college student Isak Gerson in 2010, Kopimism was recognized as a religion in Sweden last year. The name is a play on the phrase "copy me," and Gerson told New Scientist that he and his fellow worshipers had had "this faith" for many years before solidifying it into a religion. He added:

We worship the value of information by copying it ... Information is the building block of everything around me and everything I believe in. Copying it is a way of multiplying the value of this information.

United States

#14880 Apr 20, 2013
I hear in Islam if you are buried with a dead pig on top of you then you get 127 virgins and 3 palaces! Even better if your remains are fed to pigs Allah loves it!

:))

Since: Mar 12

India

#14881 Apr 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Again you are back with many dozens of your questions and doubts and self answers and then more questions.
The rule of "everything has a beginning" does not apply to God. Because He is not a "Thing"
And if you think that these Physical laws created themselves or came by chance or evolved over time, then you are in need to consult some Mental doctor.
So please just limit yourself to one question per episode.
I have neither time nor intention to answer these dozens of questions.
So why does God defy the logical rule "everything has a beginning."?
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#14882 Apr 20, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
File-sharing isn't just a good way to get the latest episode of your favorite TV show. It's also a religion. Kopimism is an officially-recognized faith in Sweden, and has established a church in the US too. Its credo? Copying information is holy.
Founded by Swedish college student Isak Gerson in 2010, Kopimism was recognized as a religion in Sweden last year. The name is a play on the phrase "copy me," and Gerson told New Scientist that he and his fellow worshipers had had "this faith" for many years before solidifying it into a religion. He added:
We worship the value of information by copying it ... Information is the building block of everything around me and everything I believe in. Copying it is a way of multiplying the value of this information.
Yes, but like Jedi, Kopimism shouldn't be confused with Abrahamic religions.
http://www.jedichurch.org/
They use religious language and many people who put Jedi on the UK census forms were using absurdity to object to the wording of the question, which seemed to presume that people normally have a religious faith. There's the Satanist Church, the Atheist Church and other 'atheist religions'. They're generally without superstitious beliefs and often aren't taken seriously even by many or most of their own founders and followers. I know because a contributor to Topix's Atheist Forum explained why he put Jedi on the UK census form and I know someone else who did. He is a jovial atheist who happens to enjoy things like Star Wars and Dr Who.

If doing anything beyond having a laugh, they seem to be trying to make a point. They don't really worship anything; nor hold any particular world view, ideology, or problematic dogma. They don't interfere in politics, science, morality, education or law much either, so far as I can see.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#14883 Apr 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
So both Bible and Quran agree that adulterous men and women should face death penalty.
Now coming to the Sex Life in Secular society, you are not satisfied with your partner… and divorce is expensive….and second marriage is taboo (and Police will come knocking on your doors, if you commit this heinous crime).
So you go and establish sexual relations with another women…and if you do not like that women, then with another women….there is no limit as long as you both are happy.
But is any of the relations become "complicated" (i.e. girl gets pregnant (due to her not taking "precautions" or you not taking precaution) etc.)….then you wash off your hands with the matter….and leave the girl to deal with the matter.
What else is difference between living in heaven and in Secular society.!!
PS:
In religious society, you have to divorce the girl (which is not expensive) or marry a second wife (which is not expensive).
But living an adulterous life is taboo. But Police will not come knocking to your door.
Some one has to lodge complaint and bring four eyewitness to confirm his allegation against man or women.
Living in religious society is as great to living in heaven as on this earth.
This Anne Marie Waters looks like to be the Fool of First Waters and only fools should contact her for solutions to their problem.
Hey, gutless.
Still no comment from you on:-

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#14884 Apr 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Another funny thing is your face...send it also to Mr. Ripley, believe it or not guy!!
PS:
Men wear "Burka" already in Islam. Allah first orders male to dress properly and lower their gazes when they see any strange female......after that Allah orders females to dress modestly and lower their gazes
Dumb Muslims. Your country is becoming the laughing stock of the world.

Deporting men so they don't arouse your women covering those same women from head to toe in black cloth so as not to arouse the men.

No wonder all your women are frigid.

I've heard that Muslim men refer to foreplay as "defrosting the refrigerator".

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#14885 Apr 20, 2013
And now, something completely different...

Watford, UK

#14886 Apr 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Now coming to the Sex Life in Secular society, you are not satisfied with your partner… and divorce is expensive….and second marriage is taboo (and Police will come knocking on your doors, if you commit this heinous crime).
So you go and establish sexual relations with another women…and if you do not like that women, then with another women….there is no limit as long as you both are happy.
But is any of the relations become "complicated" (i.e. girl gets pregnant (due to her not taking "precautions" or you not taking precaution) etc.)….then you wash off your hands with the matter….and leave the girl to deal with the matter.
What else is difference between living in heaven and in Secular society.!!
PS:
In religious society, you have to divorce the girl (which is not expensive) or marry a second wife (which is not expensive).
But living an adulterous life is taboo. But Police will not come knocking to your door.
Some one has to lodge complaint and bring four eyewitness to confirm his allegation against man or women.
Living in religious society is as great to living in heaven as on this earth.
We respect people's right to sexual freedom while you think it's a good idea to kill them.

You are a barbarian.

"You are a woman. Your husband is violent. He rapes and hits you on a regular basis. You fear he will do the same to your daughters. You never agreed to marry him in the first place but you had no choice. You want out – you want a divorce. You want this fear to go away – you are tired of feeling nothing but fear from morning to night. You are tired of the humiliation. He treats you like a slave. He demeans and degrades you. He physically and sexually humiliates you. Your confidence is gone, you feel worthless.

There is only way to save yourself (and your daughters) and that is to get out. You need a divorce, but there is one problem. This can only happen if your husband agrees to it. Either that or a group of clerics who believe that he has every right to treat you the way he does agree to it. "You are trying to break up a family" they'll say (you are breaking up a family, not him). "You're so selfish" they'll say.

That's that – no divorce for you. You'll have to take the abuse because you are worthless anyway and it would be a sin for you to claim otherwise. Too cruel to be real? No. This is how sharia law works. It is also similar to how Catholicism worked when it had political power.

Women in secular countries don't have to put up with this; because they live in secular countries."

Anne Marie Waters
Lincoln

United States

#14887 Apr 20, 2013
Atheists, Christians, Jews and people of all faiths are welcome in the Big Tent of the Democratic Party.
We all celebrated together the victory in Boston last evening.
Great to an American, land of diversity
Lincoln

United States

#14888 Apr 20, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Deporting men so they don't arouse your women covering those same women from head to toe in black cloth so as not to arouse the men.
"Dumb Muslims. Your country :-) is becoming the laughing stock of the world."
-
The
Country
of Muslim :-)

Watford, UK

#14889 Apr 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
But living an adulterous life is taboo.
Yes, that's why Muslimes allow Nik&#257;&#7717; al-Mut&#703;ah.

For men only - not for women.
Lincoln

United States

#14891 Apr 20, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
they teach geography in your neck of the woods?

The

Country

of

Muslim
Lincoln

United States

#14892 Apr 20, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's why Muslimes allow Nik&#257;&#7717; al-Mut&#703;ah.
For men only - not for women.
Boston ran your silly ass out in 1775.
We still have not paid for the tea.
KJV

United States

#14893 Apr 20, 2013
Cia624 wrote:
<quoted text>If someone kills himself over a possibly a nonexistent dream then that seems to be his fault. It's a shame how much stupid people can get to the point they would die for anything
Hey that's good! Tell you what, why don't you kill yourself and then present us the proof that God doesn't exist?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14894 Apr 20, 2013
socci wrote:
Marxist atheism that which has been world revolution since 1775, otherwise atheism couldnt defeat a wet paper bag.
I am so sorry for your loss.

Did it hurt, when the doctors disconnected your brain?

No?

In any case, you'd not remember it now, would you?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14895 Apr 20, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey that's good! Tell you what, why don't you kill yourself and then present us the proof that God doesn't exist?
Witness the classic hate from yet another Genuine Christian™.

Sadly, this level of hate is all too common among that hate-cult.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#14896 Apr 20, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that no one who has died has ever came back pretty much opposes your god's existence. If there was an afterlife, people would come back. So if someone did die and come back, that would support an afterlife, thus, only if you claim one exists would killing yourself be able to provide evidence that you are correct.

Scottsburg, IN

#14897 Apr 20, 2013
Well said. Only a believer would would have just cause for such a test.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>The fact that no one who has died has ever came back pretty much opposes your god's existence. If there was an afterlife, people would come back. So if someone did die and come back, that would support an afterlife, thus, only if you claim one exists would killing yourself be able to provide evidence that you are correct.
IRYW

Allentown, PA

#14898 Apr 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that no one who has died has ever came back pretty much opposes your god's existence. If there was an afterlife, people would come back. So if someone did die and come back, that would support an afterlife, thus, only if you claim one exists would killing yourself be able to provide evidence that you are correct.
I like James Randi's version of communication from the afterlife. The 'spirits' never say where Aunt Millie's last will is hidden. Instead they make nonsensical comments like, "Your nephew's name begins with a letter in the alphabet between ''b' and 'w'......... LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Richland County Council Shake-up Inevitable Apr 14 Mary Anne 1
News Fire chief makes his case for size of staff, pa... Apr 11 Goose 13
News Columbus hits eight-year low in most serious cr... Apr 7 Truth B Told 4
News Part 1 -- Louisiana Third Circuit Affirms Conno... (Jul '09) Mar '16 Commonsense 10
News not Guilty (Sep '12) Mar '16 keep sending money 3
News A look at significant dates in the life of form... Mar '16 Nathan 2
News Appleton sees "alarming" spike in forcible rape... Mar '16 Margaret 2
More from around the web