Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 22,287

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#14846 Apr 19, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
What an idiotic idea! God never existed. What existed is capitalism with his devastating wars! Now in the nuclear age mankind will end!
That's why we need God and why God came 29 years ago to end the cold war. There's a saying in the NT which probably comes from the old, "Except those days be shortened, there should no flesh be saved alive" If the Messiah wasn't here we'd all be dead.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#14847 Apr 19, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that Satan is a Republican?
Well.... this is hardly news...
Satan is a rich, white, male, conservative Republican. His kind is an endangered species.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#14848 Apr 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>It depends on whether or not you lose your spirit (breath). You can be brain dead but still breathing. And I believe they are alike and common to all humans regardless of religion.
What does that have to do with the price of rice i China?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#14849 Apr 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>That's why we need God and why God came 29 years ago to end the cold war. There's a saying in the NT which probably comes from the old, "Except those days be shortened, there should no flesh be saved alive" If the Messiah wasn't here we'd all be dead.
So ... you're part of a Koresh like cult. Gotcha.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#14850 Apr 19, 2013
As Muq celebrates their actions and prays for their speedy ascent into heaven.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Is anyone really surprised?

Islam: the religion of suicide bombers, exporting it's violence and death all over the world.

.... ugg.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#14851 Apr 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>That's why we need God and why God came 29 years ago to end the cold war. There's a saying in the NT which probably comes from the old, "Except those days be shortened, there should no flesh be saved alive" If the Messiah wasn't here we'd all be dead.
Yawn. Poe.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14852 Apr 19, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn. Poe.
It seems to be the only likely explanation-- nobody could be that batshyt insane...
Lincoln

United States

#14853 Apr 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
a bit short on proof.:-)
Don't go away
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#14854 Apr 19, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
If the boston bombers are chechnyan muslims, do you strenuously condemn such attacks?
I condemn any attack that kills innocent, unarmed men women or children.

Muslim or Not Muslim does not make any difference to me.

And this is Islamic teaching too.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#14855 Apr 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, gutless.
Still no comment from you on:-

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14856 Apr 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
So, also is it Islamic teaching to behead the heretics--the non-muslims.

Moreover, it's also Islamic teaching to go to war against non-muslims, whenever possible.

Your ugly religion sends mixed messages, no question of that.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#14857 Apr 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Muq

Did you read about the three men who were deported from Saudi Arabia because they were too handsome?

How long before Islamic men have to wear burkahs?

http://www.secularism.org.uk/blog/2013/04/sau...

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#14858 Apr 19, 2013
But it is also Islamic teaching that infidels (non Muslims ) are not innocents right Muq?

You always avoid that question we notice.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>I condemn any attack that kills innocent, unarmed men women or children.

socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#14859 Apr 19, 2013
Marxist atheism that which has been world revolution since 1775, otherwise atheism couldnt defeat a wet paper bag.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#14860 Apr 19, 2013
socci wrote:
Marxist atheism that which has been world revolution since 1775, otherwise atheism couldnt defeat a wet paper bag.
Marxism in 1775?

Right.

Carry on.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#14861 Apr 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
You are right, the MORE your knowledge about Universe, and life will increase, the MORE your awesomeness about its Creator should increase.
The problem comes only when you have a "mental picture" of God in your mind based on "imperfect study" of religious scriptures and these new findings somehow goes against it, so you get confused.
That is why in Islam, every attribute of God is mentioned in Superlative Degree, and there is no limit even then as to how He actually is.
With our advancement in knowledge the "Traditional Models and Mental Pictures of God" shall become dim or shall be forgotten and the Islamic Model shall become more and more acceptable to scientific community.
What you told about Macro and Micro level is correct, we do not know how vast is this Universe and will it collapse onto itself. Even if has to collapse, could it not the same time to "deflate" as it took in inflation?
DNA might be code of life, but it did not come by itself.
This Universe is like a Wonder Machine, enjoy it , explore it and experiment with it, but that should not bring you the stupidity of rejecting God or doubt His very existence.
And we should not forget what our purpose to come into this world is?
Once you are on right path on these, we do not have to worry about what is hidden in this great treasure what we call universe.
If you have your fundamentals right, then ANY amount of knowledge would only add in your convictions and not reduce it. But if you be on the wrong track, then every new FACT would shake your foundations.
Allah knows Best.
You seem to be agreeing with me that the more we discover via science, the more amazing the universe is. You attribute that to specific deity with specific rules outlined in your religion while I have yet to figure that out.

Please allow me to ask a specific question about one of the 5 pillars of Islam - Salat.

I've been the infidel to Saudi Arabia by invitation from the Saudi government. I've seen the rounding up of all the Muslims by the men in brown robes and golden trimming.

Does Allah command that you run to the mosque to kneel in worship?

Or is that the state using religion to do that?

Would it be considered acceptable to fulfill Salat by thinking of Allah 5 times throughout the course of your day without going to mosque? Would that be acceptable to the state?

Nehwon

#14862 Apr 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus was an important religious person and is prophecied in the OT not as the messiah but instead as the modern day idol of Israel. He is actually Satans counterfeit messiah and has been reincarnated but this time he is going to burst into flames. Ez. 28:18-19. The Mahdi is also the Jewish messiah who will unite the righteous against the wicked.
Well, that's a new one on me.

So... if Jesus is a modern day idol of Israel, why don't the Jews worship him? Or are you suggesting that -all- Christians are followers of Satan?

And I'd be curious to hear what you have to say about Islam.

My guess is that you are making all this up as you go along.

But that's understandable.

Doing research and learning is difficult and time consuming and you may find that you are wrong and have to adjust. Life was so much easier with Bohr's model of the Atom in 1913.

Nehwon

#14863 Apr 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I had a vision (waking dream) of my own death almost 30 years ago and I know I'm going to heaven. If only 144,000 Christians are going to make it, what happens to the rest? I thought all Christians go to heaven
So you already know how God is going to judge you.

You can do no wrong now, can you?

By your dreams, you can do the utmost evil on the world, but you are absolutely sure you are going to heaven.

We can come to a compromise - let us infidels put a bullet in your head. You win because you get to heaven sooner. We win because why take a chance on the holy evil that you may unleash. And if you were supposed to do some iota of good, well, God is merciful and give us another chance, right?

Nehwon

#14864 Apr 20, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Not exactly, not physically, God is actually asexual, like the angels. The serpent is something that was created, there's no sex in heaven.
I don't know about you, but having intercourse between sexes is kinda fun. blissful sometimes.

So if that ain't happening, what's going on in heaven?

Your dreams must have shown you the light. Are we all just getting nice tans by basking in the glory of God's radiation for eternity?

Sounds okay for a century or millennium. But after that, I might be checking out the schedule of what's going on in hell.

Nehwon

#14865 Apr 20, 2013
Disregard the last 3 posts.

Catching up with the thread and replying before further reading, I got hooked.

Nice trolling susan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why is Miguels Jr. The Most Popular Mexican Res... (Feb '10) 8 hr colorado 30
Dutch Fork Lake back in use after lengthy battl... Sep 17 maskedtex 2
Ex-Yugoslav Spymasters Face Murder Trial, Russi... Sep 14 Lukashenko is Dr ... 4
The 10 best Twin Cities dog friendly restaurants Sep 12 T-bro 9
Top 9 Vacation Destinations For Wall Street Geeks Sep 12 Mostafa 1
Myanmar's parliament Speaker to visit Vietnam Sep 7 bach dang 5
Boy's lawyer: Judge in murder case is biased (Nov '09) Sep 6 looking4trth 4
•••
•••

9 People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••